Couchpotato's Random RPG News

Does Anyone Read This Thread for News?

• Yes

Votes: 53 89.8%
  • No

Votes: 6 10.2%

• Total voters
No more California dreamin it’s time to hit HELL-A. Dead Island 2 is out now on Epic Games Store.
In today's developer livestream for Diablo 4 we learned more about Diablo 4's end game activities include Helltide, Nightmare Dungeons, and Paragon boards. Helltide allows you to farm specific types of legendaries. Nightmare Dungeons allow you to fight enemies above level 100 and with different interesting affixes. Learn more about the Paragon Board and how it will change the way your character plays as well.
In this Diablo IV Beta video, we will be talking about the Server Slam Beta that is coming to Diablo 4 on May 12-14 and tell you everything you need to know.

This episode covers Warlords 3, one of the best turn-based strategies of all time. It's aged remarkably well, and while it's probably more fun to play against your buddies in hotseat mode, the AI and campaign modes are more than suficient to keep you occupied for many, many hours.

CONSORTIUM Remastered Announced - Steam

Become Consortium Bishop Six, a global peacekeeper in the year 2042. Speak and form friendships or enemies with a full cast of characters using your own voice. Take an active role in a murder mystery, on a plane, in the future. Every choice counts.
Talking about some of my initial experiences with Risen 3, the final game in Piranha Byte's second trilogy!

Get caught up on the story of Cal Kestis and friends in this Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Story Recap covering the Jedi: Fallen Order story so far. This video goes over all of the major events that happen in the first game to get you prepared for the upcoming sequel, Star Wars Jedi: Survivor
Talking about a few games I haven't properly reviewed on the channel yet despite already having done everything they have to offer!

Your look. Your build. Your class.
There's some management reshuffling happening at Guerrilla Games, and in the announcement they may have possibly teased the next Horizon game. The latest DLC, The Burning Shores, and the PSVR2-exclusive Call of the Mountain, may have just come out, but Guerrilla mentioned something about the next Aloy adventure. Sneaky confirmation? Let us know your thoughts in the comments.
In our final Redfall preview, we took a look at how slaying vampires changes when adding multiple players. We also explored vampire nests and took down some side quest mini-bosses. If you're most interested in the solo experience of Redfall, be sure to check out IGN's first preview of Redfall.
Talking about my initial experiences with the upcoming TRPG, Showgunners, which takes place on a future cyberpunk dystopian gameshow.

Diablo 4 is almost here and after a few betas we have some thoughts on features, classes and more things we'd like to see return from past Diablo games in time for Diablo 4's June 6 release date on PC.
For some, death is only the beginning. The Necromancer class takes the spotlight in this new trailer for Diablo 4. Check it out to see the class in action.
The Dran and Fae worlds merging into one world has caused chaos and confusion. The once Human-like Dran have become hive-minded and are easily provoked into frenzies. The Awoken Dran, those who have remained unchanged after the merger, are seen as troublemakers by the rest of Dran society and have been punished for speaking out against the chaos.

In a hands-off demo shown at GDC 2023, The Lamplighters League combines multiple genres together. While the game primarily features turn-based combat on a grid like X-COM, it has sections of real-time infiltration, a character-driven story, and a deck-building mechanic for extra skills. It also makes several nods to tabletop games like Pandemic and Arkham Horror, in that you have a limited amount of time to prevent several evil entities from ending the world. Specifically, you have around 35 weeks to stop three groups of the Banished Court — Nicastro, Marteau, and Strum — by stealing their treasure.
First unveiled last August and built with Unreal Engine 4, Lies of P is set in the Belle Epoque Era. While the lead character looks very much human, Pinocchio has not yet become a real boy. Instead of getting into boyish hijinks, the world is threatened by dark magicks and evil marionettes that only a whimsical puppet armed to the teeth can defeat. You know, that classic chestnut. Players will explore a desolate city, find discarded materials and use them to craft powerful weapons, and meet characters who are on the verge of death. Lies of P also promises a variety of narrative choices, which should presumably change the course of the story, though that aspect of the game was not on display.
I’ve played League of Legends long enough to know I would rarely ever suggest the mainline experience to the wholly unprepared. It’s a demanding game with a demanding playerbase, to say the least. But with the likes of Riot Forge and entertainment like Arcane, I delight in the idea that more people are able to enjoy the rich lore and characters of LoL without subjecting themselves to a rough grind. I especially like that idea when it’s put in the hands of Moonlighter developers, Digital Sun. Lo and behold, here we are with Mageseeker, allowing Digital Sun to tell the story of the revolutionary magic thief, Sylas. And boy howdy, do they deliver this story with gusto.
Atari announced on March 22, 2023 that it has entered in to an agreement for the acquisition of Nightdive Studios. The purchase of Nightdive will involve a few instances of payment. An initial consideration of $10 million USD will be payable half in cash and the other half in Atari shares at the closing of the acquisition. The Yahoo Finance story notes that there is “an earn-out of up to $10 million USD, payable over the next three years based on the future performance of Nightdive.” This indicates that the acquisition could be as little as $10 million with a potential to reach $20 million. Atari is also set to issue €30 million bonds convertible into new Atari shares.

Latest zone implemented for the cony ship rpg by iromtoser.

Talking about my experiences with Stray Blade, the recently released metroidvania action adventure, after doing all of the things!
In this Star Wars Jedi: Survivor review impressions - we will go through the exploration, combat, performance, and more, and how Star Wars Jedi: Survivor is an upgrade in every way, shape, and form when compared to Jedi: Fallen Order, which came out just a couple of years ago.
In this Honkai Star Rail Gameplay Overview, I’m going to run through everything you need to know in terms of the types of characters you’ll gain, how combat and weapon upgrades work, what the Warp System is, and how different the Multiplayer Mode is this time around. Honkai: Star Rail is developed by HoYoverse, the same creators of the popular free-to-play Action RPG, Genshin Impact. If you’re interested in knowing what Star Rail is all about and how it compares to Genshin Impact, then this video is for you!

In this Honkai: Star Rail Guide, we’re going to discuss all of the F2P characters you’ll get simply by progressing in the story and doing events. If you’re interested to know what makes them unique and how well they perform in a team, then this guide is for you!
A new era of games developed in Unreal Engine 5 is dawning. Epic’s real-time 3D creation tool is raising the bar for photoreal visuals, tactile environments, and immersive global lighting. As a video game sub-genre, Soulslikes, with their key characteristics of deep exploration through enveloping environments – plus challenging, rewarding combat – are the perfect match for UE5’s graphical prowess. Here’s a rundown of upcoming Soulslike titles being developed in Unreal Engine 5.

Hmmm...seems like PC gamer is doing click-baits these days too. Perhaps they always have but I did not consider them as click-bait site before. The Diablo 4 "news" are old as this was already said before the start of beta (probably shared in this thread but at least in the Diablo 4 thread). "Silently dropping Russian" is just hunting for responses (and besides old news).

Redfall - Official Launch Trailer

Redfall is an open-world, co-op FPS from Arkane Austin, the award-winning team behind Prey and Dishonored. Slay alone or squad up with up to 4 player co-op and face off against the vampires holding the island hostage. Redfall brings the studio’s signature gameplay to this story-driven action shooter.
Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes - Definitive Edition Announced - Steam

Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes was originally developed by the talented team at Capybara Games and launched in 2009 to rave reviews and high scores from global critics. As huge fans of the original game, the developers at Dotemu have not altered the established scope and vision of the game, which masterfully blends puzzle mechanics and turn-based strategy elements together for head-to-head matches against AI or opponents in online and offline multiplayer.
Dying Light Enhanced Edition Giveaway Results - BluesNews
Techland, the developer and publisher of the Dying Light game franchise, announced today that more than 15 million players have downloaded Dying Light Enhanced Edition on the Epic Games Store.

Dying Light Enhanced Edition was offered for free as part of a limited-time promotion during April 6-13, 2023, on the Epic Games Store.

Chief Publishing Officer, Oleg Klapovskiy, commented on the milestone: “We are grateful that so many fans and players have such an interest in the Dying Light franchise. During that week we've managed to get to a record number of 760k+ concurrent players. This result exceeded our expectations and is a testimony of the enduring popularity of the world of Dying Light."
Age of Wonders 4 - Official Launch Trailer

Watch the thrilling launch trailer for Age of Wonders 4 for another look at this upcoming fantasy strategy game. Age of Wonders 4 will be available on PC, PlayStation 5, and Xbox Series X/S on May 2, 2023.
Age of Wonders 4 Review Roundup

Redfall Everything To Know

Redfall is a vampire-hunting co-op shooter from Arkane Studios. Here is everything you need to know before launch about the story, characters, weapons, and pre-order bonuses. Play as Layla with her telekinetic skills, Jacob on sniping and gunplay, Remi with her robot buddy Bribon, and Devinder with the equipment he’s invented. Redfall releases May 2nd, 2023 for both PC and Xbox Series X/S.
Star Wars Jedi: Survivor - 5 Things I Wish I Knew Before Playing
From how to get the new crossguard lightsaber stance early to Cal's new abilities, here are 5 things I wish I knew before playing Star Wars Jedi: Survivor.
Armored Core 6 Gameplay Reaction - FromSoftware Does It Again

In this Armored Core 6 video, I’m going to discuss the Armored Core 6 gameplay trailer and let you know our thoughts about the game, so let’s get right into it!
Star Wars Jedi Survivor - 8 Things You Should Know Before Playing

Star Wars Jedi Survivor Guide – 8 Tips & Tricks – In this Star Wars Jedi Survivor Guide, I’ll be showing you 8 Tips & Tricks you should know before playing the game to get off to the best possible start. I’ll be keeping spoilers to an absolute minimum and I won’t be discussing the story of Jedi Survivor whatsoever. Let’s get started.

My Review of Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire in 2023

Top Upcoming 2023 RPGs / Action Adventure(& More) w/ Release Dates

Star Wars Jedi: Survivor Day 1 Patch and Why These Are So Common

How Dead Island 2 Was Brought Back From the Dead

Dead Island 2’s development cycle is infamous at this point. Initially revealed in 2014, its journey has been almost as treacherous as a runner trying to make it along Venice Beach in the midst of a zombie outbreak. Two studios tried to put a sequel together but were met with little more than a gory disaster. But while those projects died, hope did not. And so, the reins were handed to the team at Dambuster Studios.
10 Best Star Wars Video Games of All Time
With the release of Star Wars Jedi: Survivor, we look back at the best Star Wars video games of all time and rank them to see which games are the best in the galaxy.
IGN Stray Blade Video Review
The striking color palette of Stray Blade’s world and its simplified combat are admirable but flawed attempts to stand out amongst the growing din of FromSoftware-inspired action RPGs.

Last edited:
I suspect this is why BG3 has taken nearly twice as long as expected and has an enormous budget. Of course the question remains if it can break even, make a profit or conversely drive Larian into near bankruptcy.

We saw how lame mass effect 3 was even though the choices you made earlier would have been trivial to bring forward at the end; conversely i found DOS2 choices lamely summerized at the end but have no real impact during the progression. elder scroll series have been of course incredibly lame of having world impact based on the choices you make..... interesting topic of how to have choices impact the world as the game progresses without causing N games to be written (N being the permutation of branches).

Back
Top Bottom