C2077 Cyberpunk 2077 - News Roundup

Cyberpunk 2077
Thanks Christ it wasn't delayed again. They should have told people it was shit on base consoles, though, and delayed or canceled it on those, since they can't run it (at least not yet).

Seriously as much as I like the game and CDPR they sorry about the pun, "screwed the pooch". Basically they made a big or humiliating mistake that wont be forgotten soon.

It also shines a big spotlight light on the developer for mismanagement. I'm glad the game sold eight million but their stock plummeted also due to the console version.

Last edited:
Basically they made a big or humiliating mistake that wont be forgotten soon.

Also, don't forget that Andromeda sunk because of too early release. Ok, it was a boring grind for those who don't like such games (I know many here do) but it was the failed release that more or less sunk Bioware. I hope the same does not happen to CDPR and CP2077. It is a great game, just released too early or on wrong hardware.

Also, don't forget that Andromeda sunk because of too early release. Ok, it was a boring grind for those who don't like such games (I know many here do) but it was the failed release that more or less sunk Bioware. I hope the same does not happen to CDPR and CP2077. It is a great game, just released too early or on wrong hardware.

I wouldn't worry about that. CP did 8 million on preorders alone, so it's going to be a success at least financially.

I wouldn't worry about that. CP did 8 million on preorders alone, so it's going to be a success at least financially.

I hope so, but that number may be further affected by refunds.

I suppose some of you know Chris Davis (among others, A History of Isometric CRPG). He just published a video on CP2077 and he's not mincing his words.

Don't watch if you like Cyberpunk 2077 ;)

Last edited:
Not going to watch the whole 40 minutes, but I skimmed through it. He exaggerates about some things imo, but he's right about the AI and the loot system. They're pretty bad.

I suppose some of you know Chris Davis (among others, A History of Isometric CRPG).
Says all you need to know he loves Isometric CRPG's.:p

Some points I can agree on but you know I love the game. It hits every part of what I like about story driven RPGs. As that's what I mostly care about the story/campaign.

Everything else is of secondary importance for me.

Not going to watch the whole 40 minutes, but I skimmed through it. He exaggerates about some things imo, but he's right about the AI and the loot system. They're pretty bad.
He's taking his time, isn't he? ;) There are good bits at the end, it's not all negative.
Some points I can agree on but you know I love the game. It hits every part of what I like about story driven RPGs. As that's what I mostly care about the story/campaign.

Everything else is of secondary importance for me.
I'm wondering if most of the little things (AI, no NPC daily schedule, non-reactive world, ...) can't be told about The Witcher 3 too, and it wasn't such a fuss back then. Of course there was no NPC-driven cars, or physics.

Thanks for your feedback :) I usually agree with his videos, but he seems to have a particular angle in this one. Perhaps the marketing campaign is more the problem than the game itself.

I'm wondering if most of the little things (AI, no NPC daily schedule, non-reactive world,...) can't be told about The Witcher 3 too, and it wasn't such a fuss back then. Of course there was no NPC-driven cars, or physics.
I mentioned on another thread that the game is basically Witcher III 2.0. The marketing made everyone think it would be something revolutionary. Old bait and switch.

Still I enjoyed Witcher III so I enjoy Cyberpunk 2077.:biggrin:

I mentioned on another thread that the game is basically Witcher III 2.0.
If that's really the case I'm looking very much forward to play this.

I wonder what they're doing next. Will they do a CP sequel or another Witcher game?
Are they perhaps big enough for both?

I wonder what they're doing next. Will they do a CP sequel or another Witcher game?
Are they perhaps big enough for both?

According to news from this thread, they plan on doing DLCs for CP2077 and a GTA online type of game using Night City from CP2077. They have also hinted at the possibility of making Witcher 4 with Ciri as the main character. That is not official, though.

I wonder what they're doing next. Will they do a CP sequel or another Witcher game?Are they perhaps big enough for both?
As largh said CDPR have a season pass of free DLC and paid expansions starting to release in January 2021 for Cyberpunk 2077. Followed by the games online version.

One thing to remember they partnered with another studio for that version.

As for another Witcher game it's possible in a few years since they renewed the IP license. The rumors of Ciri being the lead was just a rumor from an interview question.

More likely it will be another create your own character based on a template like V.
Trust me if you loved Witcher III it's more of the same but upgraded.

I mentioned on another thread that the game is basically Witcher III 2.0.
When I talk about the game with my friends I actually call it: Witcher4. ;)

They haven't said so yet, but I have a feeling this will be delayed given the buggy launch and their patch plans.
They have said so already.

Announced with the launch trailer before the refund announcement. To clarify the free DLC comes first as it's finished already basically cut/withhold content as usual.

Link -https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/20...l-start-in-early-2021-followed-by-expansions/
“We’ve mentioned before that expansions will be coming, and while we’re not ready to talk specifics just yet, we will say that we’ve learned a lot from our work on both Hearts of Stone & Blood and Wine. Our planned expansions will take you even deeper into the world of Cyberpunk 2077, offering substantial, story-driven content that’ll give you tough choices to make through impactful narratives that you won’t soon forget,” the hidden message said.

“But before we get there, we’ll first be kicking off our free DLC program in early 2021. Just like with The Witcher 3, expect an assortment of free DLC packs to begin hitting Night City, dropping a bunch of cool stuff that’ll inject even more life into the world of the dark future.”
I have idea about the two large expansions.

I like the loot system fine. I'm ~35 hours in and I still find stuff I care about. That''s what's most important to me. I don't share or even really understand the criticism about clothes/armor. Who cares if a shirt has a higher armor rating than a bullet proof vest? Suspend your disbelief a bit. Nanoweave shielding or whatnot. I like it, actually, because in a lot of games (Fallout) there is zero incentive to wear clothing of any kind after the first 2 minutes. I think the variety of stuff to wear is exceptional in CP, both in quantity and in how cool some (quite a bit) of it looks.

The AI is definitely poor, though. Redglyph makes a good point about it basically being no worse or better than in The Witcher 3. It's a lot more noticeable in a shooter and a game with traffic, etc. Improving that if they can is the #1 thing on my own wish list. (I also couldn't care less if NPCs have schedules... they're dynamically spawed and despawned anyway... a lot of them aren't really *there* there to begin with)

Back
Top Bottom