C2077 Cyberpunk 2077 - News Roundup

Cyberpunk 2077
Were there actually people out there that thought it would look exactly the same on a console vs a high-end PC?
There always are.
Makes you wonder why as I'm using a mid range system and my game runs everything on High fine without Ray-tracing. Probably the GPU, lack of ram, and older CPU.
Me too and mine too.

This was taken from Bloomberg but they limit articles you can read for free.
Bloomberg Intelligence analyst Matthew Kanterman said the robust pre-orders show that Cyberpunk could be well on its way to matching Red Dead Redemption 2’s 2018 record of 17 million units sold within the first two weeks, which may be enough to meet consensus views for the year. The studio’s previous hit, The Witcher 3, sold 1.5 million copies before its launch in 2015, going on to extend that number to 28 million.
Link - https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...ive-cd-projekt-of-share-surge-from-pre-orders

Every employee are now getting bonuses that are not tied to critic scores.
We initially had a bonus system that was focused on the game's ratings and the release date, but after consideration, we believe that measure is simply not fair under the circumstances, Adam Badowski, studio head and creative director for Cyberpunk 2077, said in an email to staff obtained by Bloomberg. "We underestimated the lengths and complexity involved to make this a reality, and still you did everything you could to deliver an ambitious, special game."�
Link - https://www.theverge.com/2020/12/11...ekt-red-developers-staff-bonuses-review-score

I was curious, how does it feel that you only see your character and what he/she's wearing in the inventory menu? Theoretically, it sounds jarring to me. That you play most of the game without seeing how you look. I guess it helps if you want to maximize stats and don't want to see yourself dressed like a clown. But it's also sad that you can't see yourself. The variety of items sure would make it fun to see yourself.

That's why until the announcement I was sure the game would be in 3rd person. Especially after the Witcher games with very little character customization options.

I was curious, how does it feel that you only see your character and what he/she's wearing in the inventory menu? Theoretically, it sounds jarring to me. That you play most of the game without seeing how you look. I guess it helps if you want to maximize stats and don't want to see yourself dressed like a clown. But it's also sad that you can't see yourself. The variety of items sure would make it fun to see yourself.

Personally, not jarring at all. I've played other 1st person RPGs. This isn't novel. You do see yourself anytime you want by going to the inventory menu. When you see your limbs, feet, etc, the stuff you're wearing is present and accounted for. You see your (lovingly modeled) weapons.

Mostly, I just don't care about it that much to begin with. I'm not a selfie sort of person IRL, so maybe that carries over.

Yeah this is the least important part of an rpg to me. I never understood why people liked to dress up their characters but it seems very popular and I understand devs want to cater to it.

For example @purpleblob; loves to match colours on her characters on games apparently.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Very simple imo. Cosmetics and visuals very much contribute to the identity of the character. And they create attachment to the character. My character isn't just a bunch of stats and mechanics. Otherwise we could be playing text-based rpgs games. My 2 cents anyway.
I understand it being there but the amount of attention spend on it is what I don't understand.

I don't spend much time dressing up in real life so maybe that's why.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

I understand it being there but the amount of attention spend on it is what I don't understand.

I don't spend much time dressing up in real life so maybe that's why.

I'm very much the same way, but I still enjoy looking at what my character is wearing. Which is my I always prefer 3rd person over 1st person. That and the fact that 1st person is so limited. You get no peripheral vision, depth perception/distance is harder, melee animations are usually just awful.

I guess my point is that, if there's items with attention given to how they look, and this is undeniable that they put a lot of work into the items, it's just bizarre that you can't watch you character. Only in very limited situations. The two decisions are incongruent imo.

I guess the amount of attention spent on it varies a lot.

Identity of the character is created by the story, cinematics, and interactions with other characters for me.

Although I understand people that like to spend more time on the cosmetics. I guess those are more of the creative mind than me

Yeah this is the least important part of an rpg to me. I never understood why people liked to dress up their characters but it seems very popular and I understand devs want to cater to it.

For example @purpleblob; loves to match colours on her characters on games apparently.

Yes, I love dressing up my characters:

M3zEyXl.jpg

WW9WBPd.jpg

2Ue32kp.jpg

For me, dressing up my characters is part of roleplaying as well ;) but its more of an optional/bonus stuff I want from RPGs, not a must have :)

Last edited:
Yeah… I think we're beating a dead horse at this point. I'm almost starting to wonder if some of us have an agenda. :)

Nothing from me, if that's what you're hinting at. I've purchased the game a long time ago on both GOG and Steam. I'm the first that wanted this game to succeed.

I guess I'm a bit addicted to hearing about the game, since I won't touch it for a long time. And I find the reactions interesting. Some people are very defensive about it. Some people are going full on aggressive on it. And everything inbetween.

The way I see it, there are very real issues with the game, plus issues around how CDPR wasn't exactly forthcoming about how unviable it is on older consoles. Then you add to that people's proclivity for dogpiling on a game on the ropes, and you have the current situation.

Leave it to people who live for clicks (Youtubers) and for failure (the "fans" that infest social media platforms and comment sections) to take legitimate greivances and still manage to massively exaggerate them. I stopped by the CDPR forum and saw a post in which someone was compiling "existing issues" and most of them were bullshit. "Map is too small", "can't smoke", that sort of thing.

Back
Top Bottom