C2077 Cyberpunk 2077 - News Roundup

Cyberpunk 2077
fingers crossed for a 1.5 release date and better not be in the fucking summer or later

Well I find the lack of news disturbing. CDPR better announce or release DLC soon. As that's the only way I will ever replay the game. As I finished it three times already.

I'm talking about the free DLC that's a year behind release already.

Last edited:
Cyberpunk 2077 has been spotted as an Xbox Series S/X optimised title on the Xbox Store, ahead of CD Projekt's scheduled video stream later today. The popular role-playing game could soon be available in an enhanced version for Microsoft's Xbox Series S/X and Sony's PlayStation 5 consoles, which may be announced at the event on Tuesday. The Polish video games maker previously revealed that a current-generation version of the game and a major update to the game were scheduled for Q1 2022 — that quarter runs from January 1 to March 31.

Yeah, lots of stuff including overhauled loot system, free 5 hours (the next 30 days) trial period for next-gen consoles, improved fixer system, some free DLC stuff to decorate V's house, a free 1500 pages book…

Nothing about the paid DLC yet

cp2077-infographics1-en-2023c467.jpg

This seems to be the "re-release" of the game we have heard rumours of. Let's hope that they can now focus on getting the DLCs out.

Last edited:
I was curios about the loot system changes. Here is a full list. A part concerning the loot:

Drastically reduced the amount of loot lying around as a part of an effort to allow players more breathing room to experience quest scenes and the world itself.

This is definitely a welcome change at least for me who just has to loot everything :lol:

i like this
Various changes related to the economy, including increased rewards from jobs and Open World activities and decreased prices for vehicles and cyberware.

i had to abuse that money glitch when the game launched, no way to make enough $$$ to buy all the shit lol

edit nothing of ng+ in the notes, dissapointing

Glad to see the details, thanks for sharing them here. Not sure if it's enough to make me start a new playthrough using a different background but it isn't far.

Unfortunately I ended up with a PS5 and a copy of the game for the Xbox One X, so no upgrade path for me as of yet. I'm not very excited by what I've heard, but I'm curious enough that I'd take a look at it.

The changes to the loot and enemy AI sound great. I hope the actual implementation is as good as the descriptions would make it seem.

I'm tempted to reinstall it now just to try it. The game was only v1.1 when I finished it so that's a ton of changes since then.

I was fortunate to win a copy of the game from RPGWatch, but I really want to wait until the game is content complete. My current idea is to play this after Starfield and see if Bethesda can match the older game :) We all know that Bethesda's game will never be content complete, since that's not really a thing with their mod scene. Modders will fix the obvious bugs eventually.

Unless you care about new outfits, I'd say the game is content complete. I could be wrong, but I don't think they have any plans for DLC that adds to the story or new missions.

Unless you care about new outfits, I'd say the game is content complete. I could be wrong, but I don't think they have any plans for DLC that adds to the story or new missions.

It would seem they have no plans for free DLC that add story/mission content, no, which is disappointing (a feeling I'm getting used to where CDPR is concerned).

They certainly have plans to release paid DLC that adds story/missions. When is anyone's guess, though.

They certainly have plans to release paid DLC that adds story/missions. When is anyone's guess, though.

It's possible, but I wouldn't say it's a certainty. The game has been out over a year now and they still haven't officially announced any paid DLC releases. I think the launch being such a huge mess has probably had a significant impact on their plans.

Even when/if they do release paid DLC, it's not going to expand the story in any way. They've already said that.

It's possible, but I wouldn't say it's a certainty. The game has been out over a year now and they still haven't officially announced any paid DLC releases. I think the launch being such a huge mess has probably had a significant impact on their plans.

I don't have time to find the sources. You can find them somewhere in this thread or @Couchpotato; can help. They (among others Pondsmith) have indirectly confirmed that there will be at least one DLC/expansion which will be of similar extent than the Witcher 3 expansions (calling them that because they had so much content). So a significant amount of story most likely not connected to the main story. According to some rumours, they'll wait and see how the first expansion sells and decide whether they'll make another one. I think the reason for the silence has been because they got traumatised by the launch catastrophe and now will not announce anything until it is more or less ready like they did with the 1.5 patch.

Nice if they'll keep their word and the DLC actually is an expansion with a great story. The stories in the Witcher 3 expansions were my favorite stories in the game (or in any game for that matter).

Last edited:
Yeah leaks, rumors, and developer posts hint two large expansions are still in the pipeline. The first DLC expansion is supposed to add more story content to pacifica.
The first expansion pack will take place in Pacifica. You can explore and find quests in an area called the “Combat zone." There will be two new gangs here - the Bozos and the Slaughterhouse. The new area seemed inspired by S.T.A.L.K.E.R. The second expansion pack is currently in early development but will only launch if the first expansion does well in sales.
So yeah more content is being added to the game. Even the latest investment reports even hint a possible sequel is in early development along with a new Witcher game.

Back
Top Bottom