D&D Online Unlimited

That overlook? I went there for an explorer spot. Twernt no rare up there. Now I'm really gonna have to go back and check it out. *more muttering*

Lol disregard my previous post and have mercy for my being an outright idiot. That was an explorer spot up there. Please cut me some slack, I'm new to this game, lol. I have no clue how or where or when I found the one 'special area' that I have.

No excuses, mister—I think we started this game within a day of each other, so you can't play the noob card on me. ;)

So what rare did you get? I got the ice mephit, 3rd on the quest list. I thought I was golden cuz I found a couple red-names in side rooms of a couple dungeons, but apparently those aren't the rares.

Rares don't spawn every time. That overlook is fairly common though. Climb those rocks a few times and he'll be there. The third was the toughest for me to get. It's an ice spider. Near the ice shrine. You walk down a path to the ice flows and normally you make a hard left to continue on down. Go straight ahead where there is a drop off and look carefully. That's where it spawns but it is rare.

1 - Sauhagin. Rock ledge past the entrance to "Stopping the Sausage" quest (I know that's not the name, but it amuses me to say it that way). Turn left after leaving Korthos Village, leap off the cliff. As a bonus, 3 explorer areas are in that route. Just go straight east until you hit the wall, then find the closest platform to the north you can.

2 - Ice Spider. Go to the Dwarf trader's camp, and head to the cliff. Look down, there's a path leading to the water and ice below. On the ice away from the path, a spider spawns. Another explorer is down there as well.

3 - Ice Mephit. Simply go to the frozen river where you go for Necromancer's Doom quest. He spawns down there sometimes instead of two regular Mephits.

Some rares spawn all the time for some people. I always got the Spider, no matter what, but rarely got the Mephit. The Sauhagin was 50/50, generally. Rares in dungeons are specific to those dungeons; and some of them spawn always, while others randomly appear. Explorer Areas like Korthos Island are basically outside dungeons, with access to further dungeon entrances scattered in there.

It's going to get more annoying later, when you can't even reach all the rares without having a party. In Water Works, you have only two easily reached. One needs high INT, another high WIS, and two are in hidden areas so you need a good search skill. So a Rogue and Cleric pairing is generally (assuming on build, actually) the only combo able to get all of them easily.

Ok, that makes me feel better that the overlook is where I got the 'special encounter' lol. I just couldn't remember. I finally found 2 of three in that ice valley, a flying creature named 'Zool' or something and he dropped a chest. Now I'm over at the ice shrine waiting for this one to spawn.

Don't wait; if it's not there when you arrive, it's not coming!! :) Try the next time you enter.

The adventure areas reset after 5 mins. Go run a quest and check again. As a bonus, you'll build up your slayer as well, though I think that takes 1500 to finish. Some of the areas do, at any rate. I don't think any has more than 200 or so monsters either, and that's if you clear the entire map in one go.

Don't wait; if it's not there when you arrive, it's not coming!! :) Try the next time you enter.

It took four trips down there, but I got him finally. I'm in the Harbor area now having trouble with the Waterworks quests; there are a couple of doors I can't open. These doors require high wisdom or intelligence, etc. I guess I'll to group to finish up that one.

Those are the ones I mentioned. You'll find a lot of stuff that you can't reach alone like that, though very few quests so far absolutely require a party. And those will generally tell you that a party is required, though a couple don't.

WW is a great series of long quests, but there are a few solo and shorter ones in the Harbour I'd do first before tackling WW solo.

Even with healing, there are some parts of WW where you can get swarmed, held, feared, etc all at once if you're solo and you frequently end up dead. Trust me, I know!! :)

Well, I did say to myself I WILL save this time, but it didn't always work!! :(

I really need to get back into this... How many are you in that guild by now?

Oh, and has there been any talk of the DirectX 11 upgrade?

There are currently 6 players with anything from 1-4 characters and at least one more person planning to join this week, if not 2. I know nothing about DX11. The Guild is only on Khyber.

Hey, what's the recommended hardware to run the hi-res version? I looked around the D/L site, and I really didn't see anything. The minimum and recommended hardware lists are just to run the standard res. I don't really have any complaints with the graphics, but if I've got the rig to run it, I'll go ahead and get the hi-res.

Thanks in advance to anyone that is in the know.

Anyone on the down-low, yo?

Sorry, I don't speak for anyone else, but I typically won't bother with the higher-res stuff. All my games I run at low settings, to conserve power and cut heat. By conserve power, I mean the fact that I have a laptop running a integrated graphics chip and can only run 20-30 dwarves before a fort gets too slow to be playable. By heat, I mean that when playing DDO even with a cooler you can cook an egg on my desk right where the exhaust is.

Adventure Pack specials, 30% off all this week.

Back
Top Bottom