ELEX 2 - Announced

Some more details:
https://wccftech.com/elex-ii-announced-by-piranha-bytes-launching-in-2021-with-actual-flying/

- explore the planet of Magalan with unprecedented freedom, using your trusted jetpack to traverse the map and even fly!
- interact with a lived-in world, full of unique NPCs, who will remember what you’ve done and react accordingly will join or leave your group depending on how you behave
are able to be killed, which will have an effect on the story
- engage in fluid close and ranged combat with a massively improved control system
- experience a story where your actions have consequences, immersing you in a world of moral decisions

EDIT: The announcement cinematic on the other hand is kinda bad.

The trailer is pretty metal. More of a mood trailer than a meat and potatoes one for sure. Give it time and we will get gameplay trailers aplenty.

Already played this game, design & story mechanics very similar to Gothic 1, Gothic 3, Risen 1, Risen 3, etc..

looks like a ps3 game lol

Attachments

• ss_baac5b6dcce1e8e0f091684c4eae96a0465b01ed.1920x1080.jpg
    ss_baac5b6dcce1e8e0f091684c4eae96a0465b01ed.1920x1080.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 146
If the video didn't show, at the end, "ELEX II", I'd swear it was about another game entirely different.

Last edited:
Looks fine to me. Upgraded graphics from the first game, but I like that you continue with the same character in the same world.
able to be killed, which will have an effect on the story
???!... the story continues even if you die? How will that work?

I really liked the sense of exploration in Elex 1.
Hopefully 2 will have the same or better exploration

Honestly, seeing the praise and anticipation after Elex I expected some groundbreaking design, amazing graphics, unparalleled combat, deep and unique companions… and all I see is Elex 2: Just More of the Same. Still trying to find any appeal in the series. Maybe by Elex 5?

It's been the same way ever since the Gothic/Risen games. It's the PB formula.:lol:

I absolutely loved the first area of Elex. Probably because the first group was basically fantasy and the rest are sci-fi :) After I did their quests, I explored as far as I could w/o dying then stopped playing. Exploration was great, the story and faction stuff just didn't resonate with me at all. Still will play E2 for sure.

Trailer is standard nonsense for these games but getting Johnathan Davis from Korn to do the song is pretty cool.
Graphics of that standard are fine too, I’d rather the team focus on the world content rather than try to keep up with the visuals produced by larger studios.

I don't think that this trailer conveys what a PB RPG is. This one indicates a combat focused game, which is only one part of a grand PB RPG. I hope this will not turn out to be Risen 3 (in comparison to Risen 1).

As long as I don't need a new operating system, I'm all aboard for this. The first game was amazingly good, we can only hope the sequel delivers the same kinds of goods.

Honestly, seeing the praise and anticipation after Elex I expected some groundbreaking design, amazing graphics, unparalleled combat, deep and unique companions… and all I see is Elex 2: Just More of the Same. Still trying to find any appeal in the series. Maybe by Elex 5?
For me it is the exact opposite: I hope with all my heart that it will not be too different from the first one. Simply more of the same would be perfect!

I played ELEX a while back and didn't get too far before I got kind of bored, but as a huge fan of Gothic and Risen, I don't know why. I need to give it another shot.
Any recommended mods?

I have listened to a lot of Piranha Bytes videos over the last two years and one thing is sure: ELEX 2 will be an exploration game, with lots of social interaction and challenging combat. The old Gothic game formula still rules.

This "action trailer" is misleading - which is a good thing for me :)

Last edited:
The trailers not sell it to me, doesn't matter cause i'm still buying.

Can't stand the music. But yes, I expect more of the same old PB formular. It works, it's certainly enjoyable, but it's not something I'm going to tell my grandchildren about!

Back
Top Bottom