Forum Bug Reports and Feature Requests - XenForo 2.2

Very minor dumb thing I noticed: in the styles list, all the styles have double hyphens (ie "Light Blue -- Fluid Width") except "Dark Blue - Fluid Width" which only has one...

Looks good, have fun with the rest of the forums! :biggrin:

(j/k, let me know if you don't feel like doing the rest as well and I'll do them)
I'm not changing the threads manually. I run a database query to update the threads in a sub-forum. One query per sub-forum and all threads are updated :)

Oh, I didn't think you were doing them manually, I thought there was a batch process in the APC you could use for that?

But it's still a bit of work adding all the tags and doing all the forums even with a batch process, ACP or otherwise.

Edit: I checked and you can do it via the Batch update threads in the ACP. Should have asked me. ;)

I know, but doing the queries is faster. I can do all the forums in one go.

Queries have the other advantage of being effortlessly repeatable and thus applicable to backups, should that be necessary or if an iteration is required. When you may have to do something a few times, scripting is the way to go. :)

Added a fluid style. I also replaced the word "Lapis" in style names with "Blue".

The fluid style is a big step forward. :)

Here is an intermediate status update about the Games forums section:
  • As mentioned the threads in the Larian sub-forums have been merged into one forum under Larian Studios. All threads are prefixed with the game name. New threads require a prefix to be set.
  • The threads in the Expeditions forums have been moved to General RPG. The threads have been prefixed with the game name.
  • The threads in the Cyberpunk 2077 and Witcher (sub-)forums have been merged into the forum named CD Project Red. All threads are prefixed with the game name. New threads require a prefix to be set.
  • The threads in the Piranha Bytes sub-forums have been merged into the Piranha Bytes forum. The threads in the Spoiler sub-sub-forums have been given the tag 'spoiler'.
    As the Gothic 1 and 2 threads were combined in one folder, I tried to separate them based on the title. All threads are prefixed with the game name (also the spoiler threads). New threads require a prefix to be set.

have been merged into the forum named CD Project Red
The correct name is CD Projekt Red. (with a 'k')

Can we add a prefix to the threads we started? All I could do was add a tag but it's not the same apparently, so I suppose it requires a specific mod/admin access.

I put a tag to this thread, just to try. I first thought it would only be visible for me, like the tags in bookmarks, but apparently others can see the tag too. EDIT: It's only visible from the thread, not from the thread list of the forum unfortunately.

Do you already have a role in mind for those tags?

Can we add a prefix to the threads we started? All I could do was add a tag but it's not the same apparently, so I suppose it requires a specific mod/admin access.
For the Games specific forums I processed you have to add a prefix for each new thread. In General RPG, only the Expedition prefixes are available, but are not required. So, I'm not sure what you mean with that question

I put a tag to this thread, just to try. I first thought it would only be visible for me, like the tags in bookmarks, but apparently others can see the tag too. EDIT: It's only visible from the thread, not from the thread list of the forum unfortunately.
Why don't you use the thread prefix for Expeditions: Rome? Tags have a very different use than thread prefixes. Anybody can create a tag in a thread. Thread prefixes are pre-defined.

Do you already have a role in mind for those tags?
For what tags? All I did, is use the spoiler tag. There are already hundreds of tags in the system that were imported from VB, we had tags there as well, which functioned in the same way as they do here.

Edit: Forgot to mention that I updated the name: Thanks!

Last edited:
For the Games specific forums I processed you have to add a prefix for each new thread. In General RPG, only the Expedition prefixes are available, but are not required. So, I'm not sure what you mean with that question

Why don't you use the thread prefix for Expeditions: Rome? Tags have a very different use than thread prefixes. Anybody can create a tag in a thread. Thread prefixes are pre-defined.
I'm talking about adding a prefix to existing threads, like the one I linked above. For example if we happen to find other threads that could be prefixed, or if one forgets to specify the prefix when it's optional.

For what tags? All I did, is use the spoiler tag. There are already hundreds of tags in the system that were imported from VB, we had tags there as well, which functioned in the same way as they do here.
Yes, the tags anyone can set on threads. OK, I never realized there were tags before, but by doing a search on tags I can see them here. :)

I'm talking about adding a prefix to existing threads, like the one I linked above. For example if we happen to find other threads that could be prefixed, or if one forgets to specify the prefix when it's optional.
For the games I moved to General RPG, I also added prefixes. That is for the Expeditions, NWN2 and Drakensang games (up to this moment). These prefixes you can select in General RPG when creating the thread.
I belief that editing threads can only be done by moderators.

Also moved NWN 2 to General RPG, with the threads prefixed and the spoilers tagged.
Moved the Drakensang games to General RPG
Renamed Pathfinder the Owlcat Games and changed the prefixes of the threads.

What to do with the other forums?
  • Fallout
  • The Elder Scrolls
  • Dragon Age
  • Pillars of Eternity
One option is to move the lot to General with thread prefixes. The other is to keep them, without sub-forums, but with thread prefixes.
Another option is to have a developer forum. Like a Bethesda forum for the TES and Fallout games. However that is not entirely correct, as some of the Fallout games are not made by Bethesda.

Maybe create a Bethesda forum for Elder Scrolls and Starfield, but keep Fallout as a separate forum because of its multi-dev history?

Obsidian Entertainments has NWN2, PoE and will have Pentiment, The Outer Worlds 2 and Avowed, so perhaps they deserve a thread.

They've made one of the Fallouts as well, but yes, this series is probably better off on its own.

What to do with the other forums?
  • Fallout
  • The Elder Scrolls
  • Dragon Age
  • Pillars of Eternity
One option is to move the lot to General with thread prefixes. The other is to keep them, without sub-forums, but with thread prefixes.
Another option is to have a developer forum. Like a Bethesda forum for the TES and Fallout games. However that is not entirely correct, as some of the Fallout games are not made by Bethesda.
I'd say for now the cut-off point to keep a separate forum should be 3k posts; anything with less should be merged into GRPG with prefixes.

So:

Fallout -- keep separate forum, but subforums should be moved to prefixes (I'd add prefixes for all the Fallouts and one or more mods could go over all the threads manually and assign appropriate prefixes to all of them since there aren't that many. Add "Multi" prefix for threads discussing multiple games without predominantly focusing on a single one.).

TES: same as above

DA: looks already done, leave as is

PoE: merge into GRPG

-------

Once it's all done I'll go over the forums and make the forum names a bit more clear (e.g. Dragon Age Series instead of just Dragon Age) and turn on descriptions under forums again to list included games for forums that only have the developer/publisher names and so on.

Well, I'm talking about already existing forums. A new Obsidian forum could be made, I guess. The problem with developer-named forums is that many (most?) people don't know or care who the developer is and would have problems finding the proper forum based solely on developer name. Listing games covered in the forums in their descriptions will mitigate the problem somewhat, but it's still not ideal, especially for lesser-known titles.

I think that's mostly what Myrthos has been doing so far, regrouping games under new or existing dev-based forums, so it's not different. All those developer names are quite famous by now, but maybe the most important games can be shown as a description under each forum? (edit: misread, that's what you suggested ;) We already had threads in wrong forums before, worst case scenario a moderator can move the thread. Then there's the prefix list as a safeguard.)

The only exception is Fallout, but is it really a problem if that's a series instead of a dev? Or maybe the dev forums could be placed in another category?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom