Good Old Games - Temple of Elemental Evil Released and Antara for Free

Thanks all for the info onthe CO8 mods — however, after visiting the links I am a tad cornfuzzled on which version to DL.

At http://www.sorcerers.net/Games/ToEE/index_circle.php 5.5 seems to be the best choice (following Skaven's advice to use the beta.) However, I also found http://www.moddb.com/mods/circle-of-eight-modpack which lists 5.92 betas (suggesting there must be a 5.8 non-beta somewhere??)

Both, btw, require you to add all the Atari patches first — which I believe are already included in the GoG release.

Would someone smarter about this than me (which would be just about anyone with an IQ greater than an Artichoke) advise whether any of the mods beyond 5.5 should be used?

(For now I have DLed 5.5 and plan to follow Skaven's advice)

Here's a chart that explains it better:

Modpacks20Explained.jpg

Found it here

Here is a detailed explanation of how to install these modpacks.

Using this chart you can customize what you would like to be in the game and what you don't want. Just download the one that appeals most to your playing style.

Edit: You might just want to visit the site or download the pic. It's really hard to read.

Last edited:
Well, Skavenhorde, you completed removed any reason for me to contribute to this thread any further. As observant readers will note, Co8 has made a serious undertaking, over six long years, to restore and improve this game, even to the point of creating colorful and friendly charts to help people download a version exactly to their taste. This is really a remarkable project and the worth the hoops you have to jump through to get it going.

Just remember to follow the install instruction to the letter. If you don't install the patches and mod, etc., in the right order, the fate of the world might be in jeopardy.

Sorry screeg I didn't mean to steal your thunder. I just really liked that chart:) I had no idea about it until Vox asked about a more detailed explanation of CO8.

Gotta love the fan base for Troika's games. They've done some amazing thing.

Back
Top Bottom