How old were you when you played your first RPG?

At what age did you play your first RPG?

• 1-9

Votes: 12 15.4%
  • 10-19

Votes: 50 64.1%
  • 20-29

Votes: 11 14.1%
  • 30-39

Votes: 4 5.1%
  • 40-49

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-59

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • 60 and up

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Yeah, the QFG games rank among my favorite adventure games of all time. Right alongside the Kyrandia and MYST series.

Hey all! I hope you didnt mind the idea of ages with the poll. I thought it was apropos since I turned 50 this past Saturday!

I was about 13 when I got introduced to RPGs. D&D in the red box was my gateway drug. As technology advanced I was 15 when I got introduced to CRPGs. SSI's Wizard's Crown was the first game that I played and I loved it! The tactical combat was what SSI based the gold box series watered-down combat system on.

My first RPG'S were on the Vic 20 I still remember a dungeon crawler from back then it was probably more roguelike but I think it had character levels too. It's been 40 or more years so it's a bit fuzzy. I had to have been over 10 though as I am 55 now and I don't think there were any computer RPG'S I could have played in 1974.

Already has in the form of combat focused games like Knights of the Chalice.

I will check out Knights of the Chalice.

Are there any others out there that I may be missing? I have played most but never heard of this one. Looking for more outside the mainstream, if it was mainstream chances are I played it.

Thanks!

Lue.

Knights of the Chalice is one of the best, most premiere games of the past twenty years. Come at me. If the second is only half as good as the first, we should all be so fortunate. To be alive with such good gaming is pretty swell!

Hey all! I hope you didnt mind the idea of ages with the poll. I thought it was apropos since I turned 50 this past Saturday!

Congratulations ! *thumbs up*

Man, those Hero Quest games were sooooo good back in the day!!! Sierra put out a lot of seriously excellent games, I'd rank them right up there with franchises like M&M, Wizardry, the gold box games, etc. Really good stuff, most of which endures to this very day, well worth still playing.

I recently replayed the Quest for Glory and King's Quest series. You can get the whole series cheap in GOG.
But I advise to play the free remakes of KQ1, KQ2, KQ3 and QFG2 from AGD Interactive. They are better.
You can get them here:
http://www.agdinteractive.com/games/games.html

Wizard's Crown is such an excellent game, another classic that deserves to make a glorious comeback!!
Only if they bring back Shard of Spring and The Eternal Dagger too!

I started with the paper bound original D&D rules when they first came out. Before that it was Risk and board games. I'm old.

My crew mostly did D&D with some forays into Twilight 2000, Traveler, and a smidge of Paranoia. I collected RPGs back then and probably had 20 or 30 boxed sets of rules we never played (I always read all the rule books to see how games were put together). And over the years and moves and threw all that stuff away (including original runs of all the early hard back rule books). Sigh.

Does Zelda : Link's Awakening on a gameboy counts? I was 13 or 14 years old when I played it, that's probably my first one.

I had a Tandy 1000 PC when I was a kid but I don't remember having any rpg. Living in a small city and with no internet, getting new games was much more difficult. What I had was mostly simple arcade games and I had Test Drive 1 and MS Flight Simulator. That machine is still functional, stocked in my basement.

Voqar, like you I cut my teeth on Risk, Diplomacy, Axis and Allies, many other fine board games. Then some friends introduced me to Chainmail, that led to Dungeons and Dragons, and the rest was history. I've still a soft spot for a well done board game, to this very day.

My first quasi-CRPG was Hero Quest also (on Amiga) and I started to play it when I was about 101-2. It was also my inspiration in game mastering tabletop RPG-s (i live in the village in Poland and when I was a child buying any RPG manual was not an option - we invented our own, simple mechanics and settings inspired by computer games, movies and books).

Voted 20+, as there were no RPG's when I was in my teens....

First RPG i played was Times of Lore on a C64, i was about 12 years old. Not really RPG i know. However the first RPG I bought Ultima 1-3 collection, but was too stupid and young to understand these. I exchanged the collection quite fast and bought Times of Lore instead.

Back
Top Bottom