RPGWatch - Game of the Year Awards 2014 - Best RPG

@Pessimeister - thank you for the short description of Dark Souls 2 - it's in the list now.

You're quite welcome. I'm pleased to help out where I can. :)

Thanks for organizing the vote, Myrtos (and Couch I think?)!. :)

D:OS wasn't in my top 3, but tastes are different.
Considering the results it seems I really have to play MM:X. :)

Good list, but I still conclude that more people need to play Lords of Xulima...

Hah, when both editors and users on both RPGWatch and RPGCodex agree that D:OS is the RPG of the year, and even GameSpot calls it the PC game of the year, you know there's really no debating it.

By the way, typo here: "So well done inXile Entertainment you earned our sliver award." :lol:

BTW: If you merge the Watch and the Codex top 10 you get something like this:

(01) Divinity: Original Sin;10;10;20
(02) Shadowrun: Dragonfall;7;9;16
(03) Wasteland 2;9;6;15
(04) Dragon Age: Inquisition;8;0;8
(05) Legend of Grimrock 2;3;5;8
(06) Neo Scavenger;0;8;8
(07) Heroine's Quest;0;7;7
(08) Might & Magic X: Legacy;6;0;6
(09) Lords of Xulima;5;1;6
(10) Risen 3: Titan Lords;4;0;4
(11) Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky;0;4;4
(12) Valkyria Chronicles;0;3;3
(13) Dark Souls II;2;0;2
(14) Tales of Maj'Eyal;0;2;2
(15) South Park: The Stick of Truth;1;0;1

which is a cool list for my taste … just missing Blackguards.

Last edited:
I'm :shocked:
Dark Souls 2 didn't make in top three! :mad:

j/k ofc, it ended as a nice list, you won't see me complaining.

D:eek:s was offcourse the winner for me but otherwise this year seems like the year forcrowd funded indie games except for d.os the games that I´ve had most fun with is MM X and Xulima and the the somewhat guilty pleasure stick of truth which on any other year I would have put on some place on the pedestal

I haven´t played:
Wasteland
Dragona age I
Dark souls II (I can´t get over the interface in nr I sad to say from a gothic lover)

This the first year when I`ve haven´t played any AAA or AA games for the simple reason that I´ve been too preoccupied with new worthy indie games
I love it
The only sad thing I can think of is that I I don´t play Risen 3 until now In almost any other year I would hold a pb game as the best and this isn´t there best but think about what would happen if they stopped making games

Bah I´m obviously quite drunk ignore erething I said or not
M

I'm actually surprised at Wasteland 2's showing. I was hearing a lot of folks saying "fun at first but…" on that one.

I've been avoiding Dragonfall just because it was an expansion to Shadowrun which didn't get such good reviews. I just looked on Steam, though, and we can now buy the 'director's cut' version as a stand-alone game! http://store.steampowered.com/app/300550/

P.S. "New bioware augmentations"!? I hope there's a Towers of Hanoi augmentation!

Do you think we will be banned by someone for that? :biggrin: :whip:
I'm shocked you think I would do something like that.:devilish:

I may not care for the game but some members on our site do. The game just didn't get enough votes from all of you, and I'm proud how this year turned out.

We kept out voting trolls by making sure voters were already a member. That included not counting new registrations that joined just to vote, and never return.:)

I laugh now because I didnt mean anyone from RPGWatch. My reaction to joxer's shock was like this:

"Do you think that RPGWatch site/users will be banned by some other site/fanboys for not awarding some accolade to Dark Souls 2?" :biggrin:

I was also joking myself and words don't do justice some times.^^

Still your Joxer translating skills are better than mine.:biggrin:

Still your Joxer translating skills are better than mine.:biggrin:

Probably because I translate in my work. :biggrin: So its nice little practice to use my skills on Joxer for the common good. Especially when his usual high level of speechcraft is considerably lowered by sudden emotional outbursts or shocks. :evilgrin:

Quite predictable, which isn't a bad thing.

I would have liked to have seen Risen 3 get a higher ranking, personally. As far as I'm concerned, the only thing that kept it from being my personal favorite was the atrocious balance - with the game being way too easy way too soon. Well, and I think it would have been better as a single varied continent instead of the island division, but that's just me.

But all the games on the list are good and I don't really disagree with it as much as I'd have expected :)

Usually, I'm somewhat less obsessed with old-school games than most around here (though I'm obviously a huge fan of the classics), but this time I think the games managed to merge enough old and modern elements to make me appreciate their strengths like they should be appreciated.

I may not care for the game but some members on our site do. The game just didn't get enough votes from all of you, and I'm proud how this year turned out.

We kept out voting trolls by making sure voters were already a member. That included not counting new registrations that joined just to vote, and never return.:)

Couch, just use sarcasm and it will be all easier to translate.

Nice to see so many KS games up there. :)

Daniel.

Back
Top Bottom