RPGWatch - Game of the Year Awards 2022: Most Promising RPG - Visitors Vote

I thought they love Black Geyser
No really there's a huge thread with drama. Something about a girlfriend of the developer. I usually skim through threads on the codex, but the last page is about our vote.

Even the Codex has better taste than that. :)
To quote @JDR13 in reply to @Couchpotato when Couch gets a bit repetitive:

You also don't need to repeat the same thing in every thread that mentions a soulslike.
Just replace soulslike with Black Geyser or Jeff Vogel ;)

The ol' classic case of do as I say, not as I do, huh :D

Baldur's Gate 3 wins for the third year in a row! :D

Surprised Urban Strife is so far back at #16, especially since our own @Kordanor has championed it quite effectively. At least it's on my strong watch-list now because of him.
Thanks for mentioning! :)
But yeah, kinda disappointed in the results.
I mean the first big 3 feel kinda set. They are just the known ones with most publicity.
But I don't quite get how Urban Strife can be on the same level as Skullstone for example. But I guess at that point there are just like 1-2% per game.
At least Legends of Amberland 2, which had just been announced recently is on place 18 ^^

But I don't quite get how Urban Strife can be on the same level as Skullstone for example. But I guess at that point there are just like 1-2% per game.
At least Legends of Amberland 2, which had just been announced recently is on place 18 ^^
I'm looking forward to both of those games (Urban Strife and Skullstone) and would have put both of them higher if I voted.

I think they would have had more votes if people played the demos, but it seems like a lot of members just read about games and look at a few screenshots.

It could be the theme too. People are getting tired of zombie post-apoc stories at this point.

It could be the theme too. People are getting tired of zombie post-apoc stories at this point.
... or never liked them in the first place.

It’s just the zombie part that was never really that interesting…

I dont like both zombies and post apoc :p

Seems all three of my picks made the list so I'm happy. Though I look forward to playing Starfield more then Baldur's Gate 3. I love the tiny blurb you can feel the enthusiasm. :LOL:

Bet you it outsells BG 3 and goes on to sell 30+ million copies. :whistle:
and have multiple re-releases over the next decade i am sure

Realms Beyond is on GOG, is it not supposed to release in 2023? What is going on with that game?
Realms Beyond: Ashes of the Fallen is listed on GOG and Steam for years now.
I think it has been abandoned and I marked it as cancelled in our database.

Yeah, that game is dead as a doornail with 0 Chance to be continued.
An Owner who lost interest and developers whose hands were tied kept going for a while but then ran out of money. The "best" which can happen if some of the assets or ideas are reused under a different IP. The IP is basically "dead" due to being kept by an Owner with no interest in even replying to any request by the developers.

Back
Top Bottom