Shroud of the Avatar - Interview with Garriott

I'm totally for crowd funding, but what these guys did hurt it. You cannot crowd fund and change what you are making after. This hurts other crowd funding because people lose trust.

If you are pro crowd funding you could see thus as a bad thing for it.

They hurt crowdfunding no more than others who did the same before.

The only thing differing is, this time, the change in direction did not got the way people who condoned the practise earlier would like to.

When the change in direction goes their way, that is listening to customers.
When it goes another way, that is a breach in contract.
Double standard.

Change in direction is common in crowdfunding. It happened before these guys did it. For people holding double standard, though, it only happens when it affects them in the wrong way.

Always the same song. Factual opinions and non factual opinions. Opinions can be non be factual. That does not mean all opinions are non factual.

By construction, it is difficult for people having double standards to assess they are having double standards. The only exception is when people use double standards on purpose.

The list shows a different approach. SotA is approached under the change of direction angle. The others are not.
PoE showed change in direction. It was pitched as a RTwP product and from the initial release, has kept being accomodated to fit "ugoigo" player's needs.

This is the only one in the list that was commented as showing a change in direction.

To see an evidence of double standards, it requires first that a comment was made over a change in direction for people to come with their listening to customers story.

No comments on a change of direction was made on WL2 or DOS. It is pointless to seek evidences of double standard over these two cases.

I know I don't care with whatever it is you are trying to argue at this point, mostly because you have stubbornly argued the same thing over and over.

PoE didn't have a change of direction at all...it didn't become a shooter instead of rpg.

There is no double standards here because that's not what the problem with the game is, there is just a game that made a lot of backers mad about the changes.

They hurt crowdfunding no more than others who did the same before.

The only thing differing is, this time, the change in direction did not got the way people who condoned the practise earlier would like to.

When the change in direction goes their way, that is listening to customers.
When it goes another way, that is a breach in contract.
Double standard.

Change in direction is common in crowdfunding. It happened before these guys did it. For people holding double standard, though, it only happens when it affects them in the wrong way.

Dude, you were explained how this is different then how others did it, but you of course grab that bone like a dog and won't let go.

How about you provide proof of a kickstarter we were all fine with this happening…not just your opinion that it changed, back it up wth what it said on the kickstarter and what actually happened….

I'll wait.

EDIT: I am not ok with what the bards tale did with dropping the three remakes of the originals. I guess that is a double standard as well?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom