The ever-popular "Currently Listening" thread

90's flashback and memories of Bevis and Butthead.:lol:

U2 - Numb

Watching and hearing Evans sing Numb live back in the nineties remains one of my fondest concert-going experiences of all time. And that song is literally one of their very best, full stop.

And since King Crimson was on my brain last night and today, I took three albums to the porch in the sunshine to enjoy: In the Wake of Poseidon, Lizard, and of course the number two album on my list of all-time great ablums, in the Court of the Crimson King. Delicious!

Final Cut - long time since I listend to that one, not my favourite Floyd.

I consider it mainly a Waters solo-album, on par with "Pros and Cons of Hitchiking" and "Radio K.A.O.S". Good albums, but not excellent IMO. Amused to Death OTOH - Wow!

My favourite Floyd album is Animals. Here's Dogs (performed by Waters):

pibbuR who likes cats.

PS. 2nd favourite Floyd album is (surprised?) UmmaGumma (live part). DS.

Final Cut is a fine album, for sure. Doesn't stack up against Dark Side of the Moon, Piper at the Gates of Dawn, Meddle, Animals or the Wall, yet it's well worth checking out on occasion. And I would agree with pibbuR, it's mostly a Waters-centric work, and there's nothing wrong with that, it's just more his thing than a collaborative Pink Floyd album, in my opinion.

I personally love the albums where Waters takes the creative reigns much more than the other older albums. And the same trend continued with the Albums that Waters later released by himself vs the ones released by David Gilmour. Gilmour is a great guitar player, but I can't even compare him to Waters in terms of creative output.

I understand Floyd fans are usually split down the middle, on who they prefer more.

Yesterday I staged a mini-duel out on the porch between Motorhead and Pantera, and I was the winner!

And perhaps a few of the neighbors enjoyed it also, though that's not a certainty. =p

Remember the Hu? That mongolian throat-vocals-metal band?

They did a cover version of "Sad but true" (Metallica):

Trouble with the lyrics? Well, unless you know your Mongolian ….. (yes, it was translated).

pibbuR who thinks that after Pantera/Motorhead, this one should fit very well on the "Porch of the Carnifex"

Music played on instruments made from ice. Apparently only ice that was formed without temperature fluctuations will do. Ice from a freezer does not give a clear sound. Ice from a different lake sounds different.
Nobody knows why.

Composer and musician Terje Isungset.

There is a festival each year in Norway:
Ice Music Festival Norway

More Ice music on Spotify

And for me out on the porch today, with temperatures approaching thirty degrees, I took the fabulous Joan Jett and her Blackhearts! Her greatest hits album is very nice, twenty-one fine songs and not one a miss. Oddly enough, this is the artist that I've seen live most, as she always seemed to be doing something when I lived in the Annapolis, MD area. I never had anything less than a good time at any of her shows, including once having to spend the night due to a snowstorm and got extra innings of both her band and Elastica!

Today was yet another fine afternoon, temps hit thirty-two so that's shorts weather! I'm sure the cold will be back, so for now I'm just enjoying the warmth. The musical selection today was Shudder to Think, one of those fine nineties bands that hit some really good notes.

And then the heat/humidity was gone! Today was a bit more brisk, so to warm the blood I took to the porch some of the finest put out by the never-so-humble Red Hot Chili Peppers! Even the breeze seemed to enjoy the rocking tunes.

Back
Top Bottom