The ever-popular "Currently Listening" thread

I've been listening to some Gamma Ray and noticed these lyrics:

I'm a watcher in the dark
I'm so cold inside my heart
I'm a temple in the storm
And I'm bound to be reborn

Great album, here's the track:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qP7IG2FaalE

There's also "Watcher in the Sky" for even more Watcher related Gamma Ray.

Today I listened to a Motley Crue album that's almost all but been erased from history: New Tattoo. I've always believed that bands have to be flexible and change every so often, and this album does that seamlessly, with great cuts and musical talent, especially WITHOUT Lee on drums! Which might also explain the demise of the album, though I find it to be one of their best.

On such a gorgeous day, I took to the porch with two Van Halen albums: Fair Warning, and For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge. David, Sammy, I can enjoy them both, no need to play favourites!

So, I've mentioned this before I'm sure, back in the day I was lucky enough to have attended lots of concerts, and the very best of all those shows might have been seeing Bowie on his fiftieth birthday concert bash, with lots of guest stars that showed up. I even bought a boot-leg of the show, as he'd performed Quicksand in a way that I'd never heard it done before, and absolutely is the version I enjoy the best.

When an actual album was cut of this show, of course I bought it. That was over ten years ago, and when I moved from Canada back to the states, I lost several boxes while being shipped, and this concert was one of the missing items. Last month I scoured some online sources and found a copy for sale, bought it and finally it arrived yesterday! So that's what I'll be taking to the porch today: Bowie and friends, like Lou Reed, Francis Black, Dave Grohl, Bill Corrigan, and others. If you like Bowie, you'd really enjoy this show. It's been over twenty-five years since the actual concert happened, and I swear to this very day I can remember every bloody glorious second of the evening.

The Sixsters (Ukrainian All-Girls-Band) • Психоделіка; Drum Cover by Sina

I treated the neighbours to some old classics this afternoon - Sabbath Bloody Sabbath, followed by Kraftwerk's Minimum Maximum (which was just an amazing concert, best quality sound I have every heard)

And the mighty Floyd at 11, and no substances imbibed!

Last edited:
Found The Kiffness on youtube. He does great mixes of various meme videos or speeches.

The Shira Choir x The Kiffness - Im Hashem Lo Yivneh Bayis (Psalm 127 DANCE REMIX)

This is an all around great and fun song. (Original)

The Kiffness - Alugalug Cat (International Symphonic Mashup)

This made me tear up.

I like Jewish music, klezmer, and that one with the cat is asolutely great!

I know Kiffness from his Wellerman remix, though I knew Wellerman and Wellerman mixes before I stumbled on his.
Here is a tiny part of the latter:

There are all sorts of remixes and tiktok compilations, some lasting 3 hours. And I admit I have been listening to some of them for thirty minutes several times.
I was fascinated by the song and the enormous variety in people singing and recording this catchy song.
The best is of course this one (which contains several songs):

Last edited:
Just before Wellerman became an absolute hype at Tiktok I had seen the great movie Fisherman's friend on Amazon. After that my husband went crazy constantly hearing them from the speakers with volume on high. :)
Here are they live at Shrewsbury Folk festival 2018. (I especially love the voice of the man with the big moustache.)

Last edited:
Bit of throwback over the past few days:

Talk about some silky vocals

Some not so silky vocals

Story-songs are far too rare. I wonder if this was the inspiration for Skynyrd's Three Steps...

Yesterday I broke out some Animals, perfect tunes to have on the porch when the sun is shining and all seems right in the world. Over fifty years later and their music is still amazing.

New track from Bathe Alone and it's tremendous. Video's pretty fun, too. Enjoy.

Manic Street Preachers

The musical selection for me today was some old school Van Morrison. I caught a few of their tunes last weekend while watching a film, and it made me want more, so I indulged myself. Lucky me!

Back
Top Bottom