The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

Well, right now we only have 1 real confirmation; I have Aerii as a Bard but it won't take much to LR her at this point. For that matter, I've done trapper bards before, so I'd only need a +1. So either I'll do that, or into Evil Ranger, which is a trapper class for whatever reason. Depends on when we need to actually be ready with the new group, and if the next update is out.

Dte - Small Pointy Sticks or trap monkey of some flavor
Azrael - Trapper Thor Bard/Evil Ranger/Something Else Evil and that can Trap
CM - ????
JM - ????
Peter - Sorc that's easily mistaken for a paladin
Corwin - Soulstone
Alrik - Lost Soul

Going to replay the same toon. We need to get them to level 32 and permanently bank the legendary xp before DDO comes out with a new system. You just hold 30 til you have level 32. Gives you access to to all the epic quests for xp.

Going to replay the same toon. We need to get them to level 32 and permanently bank the legendary xp before DDO comes out with a new system. You just hold 30 til you have level 32. Gives you access to to all the epic quests for xp.
Too late. They'll be changing things next week. It's back to Ghostbane everybody!

Well, right now we only have 1 real confirmation; I have Aerii as a Bard but it won't take much to LR her at this point. For that matter, I've done trapper bards before, so I'd only need a +1. So either I'll do that, or into Evil Ranger, which is a trapper class for whatever reason. Depends on when we need to actually be ready with the new group, and if the next update is out.

CM - [trap monkey fo sho]
JM - ????
Corwin - Soulstone
Alrik - Lost Soul
I figure we've got about 4 sessions before we get everyone to 30. Basically a level a week for our two non-VIPs. So that's roughly how long everyone's got to get positioned. If CM is planning to trap monkey again, then we're only minus one on that role. That means you don't have to re-spec your bard if you don't want to. We can poll JM, Alrik, and Corwin for their plans in a few days if they don't pop in sooner. For now, it looks like we've got 2 front line, 1 nuker, 1 trapper, and 3 mysteries.

I'd say 1 front line; Aerie's Bard build is a Stormsinger, not Swashbuckler or Warchanter. Frying things and then singing about it is her specialty. So support/light nukage. If I go into the Ranger build, then that'll be a front liner/trapper, but we'll see what's up Friday and can get JM, Alrik, and Corwin to start thinking then.

I'm stuill thinking about the class I'll do ... The only thing which is relatively certain is that I might TR Alrih.
Alrih is the only one high enough level apart from Bany; nd Bany I'd like to keep in the 30s for a while.
The only other one is Senha (fire Sorc), but that one is at level 20 or 21.
The only other ones I have in that level range are Iconics.

My current thought is to TR my Ranger into a Druid since no-one else is planning to run one.

So corwin is an Evil Druid, and Peter's a Sorc. So we're actually leaning caster-heavy right now.

JM - Stabbity Death
Corwin - EVIL Druid Soulstone
Alrik - Dire Kobold

I usually play my Druids as a pointy stick waver for about 10 levels before I begin to focus on spells. None of that shape changing stuff for me!! :)

We do need to get these toons to level 32 before banking the xp goes away. And everyone remember you can do an epic tr then turn right around and do the heroic tr but you will need to get both hearts.

Well, that wasn't that much funny for me, especially in the beginning, but in the end, it was okay for me. It's just been on my side, I was more slowly than normal, and sometimes was only barely able to catch up.

Everything went quite smoothly, though. I have level 28 now.

We ran an entire saga of content in a single session, plus it was older content the entire group (even you) is very familiar with. We did run fast.

Those that have 29 can take it. Probably best not to take 30 yet since that introduces the legendary-only limitation and we've still got most of the group with distance to go before they hit that cap.

Don't forget that we've got 2 sagas qualified in Eveningstar. Not sure when it makes sense to cash those in, but we've got them.

Corwin and Alrik should use the Sagas for XP as soon as they can, since they're behind perpetually. We're probably going to have to run holding 29 for a bit to get them to 30.

It's also probably time to hit Ravenloft, Feywild, or Sharn; the gear is at level, and there is a Saga along with a ton of XP (and useful gear). By the time we're done with that chain, Corwin and Alrik may even be 29, between the quests and the sagas. Rest of us should be knocking on 30, except Peter who will be nearing 32. Unless U58 comes out and the cap is raised to 34, then he'll be knocking on 34.

Since we're running E/L stuff, we should also see if we can hit some of the newer raids. Like Riding The Storm Out, which was the Dragonborn chain's raid. Not sure whats there that'd be useful, but I doubt many of us have run it much.

Last edited:
Corwin and Alrik should use the Sagas for XP as soon as they can, since they're behind perpetually. We're probably going to have to run holding 29 for a bit to get them to 30.
I got 2 levels, then, and I assume I got them because I had used an experience potion on my main.
I have several kinds of xp potions, that's why I don't think that it will be that difficult.
Being behind in terms of xp is a new experience for me, because as a first-lifer I was so often ahead of you.

We ran an entire saga of content in a single session, plus it was older content the entire group (even you) is very familiar with. We did run fast.

Those that have 29 can take it. Probably best not to take 30 yet since that introduces the legendary-only limitation and we've still got most of the group with distance to go before they hit that cap.

Don't forget that we've got 2 sagas qualified in Eveningstar. Not sure when it makes sense to cash those in, but we've got them.
If I recally correctly you can still run epic content when at 30 and get XP. It's when you take 31 you stop getting XP
Even if you don't get epic quest level XP at 30 you can still take it if you're at the wall since you can then use more enhancement points and get another tier in the epic destiny tree and reaper tree. Remember that if you're holding level 30 at 29 you won't earn XP towards 31 since XP from 30 and above are considered legendary.

You start the XP counter back to 0 when you take 30. Since we're running level 26+ content it doesn't matter whether you're 29 or 30. So holding 30 doesn't accomplish anything in my opinion. It's only if we were running level 25 content on elite or reaper that holding 29 would benefit the others. As far as I know we aren't doing that. Raids are run for loot and not XP and we will run Fall of Truth and Caught in the Web on normal (hard maximum).

There is no point taking 31 until we're into only legendary quests because you can hold level and earn XP towards 32 anyway. You get a level 31 feat, but can probably live with not having that immediately.

It's also probably time to hit Ravenloft, Feywild, or Sharn; the gear is at level, and there is a Saga along with a ton of XP (and useful gear). By the time we're done with that chain, Corwin and Alrik may even be 29, between the quests and the sagas. Rest of us should be knocking on 30, except Peter who will be nearing 32. Unless U58 comes out and the cap is raised to 34, then he'll be knocking on 34.
I'm thinking Sharn outdoor walk-ups to start. Fairly quick as long as I put a tour guide in each group to get us to them, OK XP, decent gear (armors in particular), and a saga to collect. Should be able to knock out all 8 (or 7 if we skip Smash) in a single session.

I'm not particular in what to run; I was mostly looking at what gives modern-ish L28 and L29 gear.

Friday I will be iffy, at best. I just had my appendix removed earlier today, so depending on how I feel I may not be able to make the session, or it will be a short run. As it is I'm having trouble sitting at my desk right now to type this. I do have pain meds, but the type they gave me will put me on my ass for the night so definitely would be out then.

Appendix removed ? Oh, you should rather stay quiet for a while, I guess. Sitting at a desk isn't going to speed up your healing anyway. That's my very personal opinion, but I believe that you should just lie on your bed most of the time until it is fully healed. Operations like that just need some time to heal, seriously. You could, perhaps, help youself a little bit more by putting something warm onto your belly, too. Warm not hot (a colleague of mine used rather "hot" on her foot and had to stay home for a few days afterwards because her foot got kinda "burned" from it).
And, only eat "easy" food. Not something your stomach has to put force on it to digest it.

As we're on the topic : I had some work at my dentist today. He's going to repair a broken tooth, and made some prototype cover it until the real shebang comes.
Thankfully I had bought myself a few Aspirin anti-pain medicine a few weeks ago, so I could just take that and sleep for a few hours afterwards. I had already told at work that I might not come to work, because i had anticipated this. It's not my first time. Regarding my teeth, I feel as if I'm getting old. and that with a grandmother whho had had so fine teeth that a nurse had mistaken them for being a full replacement ! Seriously ! I still have her voice in my head, she telling me that the nurse had pulled on her teeth, believing they were an replacement ! And my grandmöther getting slightly annoyed by this ! :beam:
Oh, that's about 20 years ago ...

Friday looks good for me, though.

I'm beginning to think of an Arti as class for Alrih now. this would have 2 benefits . I could play a ranged character (which I'm always most comfortable with, and which imho makes most sense as well, since I'm always trailing behing you all :biggrin: ) , plus, i could be a backup trapper ( although only "backup", because, again, I'm mostly trailing behind you all ... ) Plus, I could throw a heal every now and then ( but, of course, not be a full healer, because the Articlass was never designed for that ).

I wasn't given bed rest instruction, so I am purposely ignoring it :D. Though I was also told I'll be off work for three weeks, so I should have gone completely insane by the end of that. I'm already babbling to myself incoherently and it's been three days. I've been subsisting on chips and ice cream, though the ice cream is to ensure nothing gets too hard to push out. Lactose Intolerance for the win. I haven't had anything normal, like Ghost Pepper chips though.

Honestly, Artificer (and Alchemist) are better healers at low levels than Clerics due to the AOE Curative Admixtures. Evil Ranger, amusingly, also gets those. Clerics outpace them quickly, once they get burst and eventually get into their own mass cures, but Alchemists can be a solid support character very early. Not sure how they're built anymore beyond the basics though, I guess INT build? Inquisitor? There was a Mega Man inspired Artificer build at one time too, though that was ages ago. Honestly we're probably not having anyone in the healer slot, so we'll be leaning on hires more this time around. But, between myself, Corwin, and you having limited healing backup we should be fine.

If Alrik is taking the #2 Trapper spot (we'll help with gear and you'll pick it up quickly, no worries. Except when you play with Peter and he runs through the traps), then that leaves me as electric death bard. Leaves JM as the only one who hasn't claimed anything.

Dte - Small Pointy Sticks or Big Point Sticks
Azrael - Electric Death Bard
JM - Stabbity Death
Corwin - EVIL Druid Soulstone
Alrik - Artificer

Back
Top Bottom