The TV Series discussion thread

Twin Peaks mounted its own expedition last night, and who would have ever thought Dep. Brennan would turn out to be the wizard/prophet of the group?!?!

And I totally called the Diane thing like a month ago. Now, only time will tell if it is actually true or not!

Oh....and Sarah would be the Balrog of the game, for sure. Damn, now that was a razor nick!

Last GoT episode was probably my favorite so far - of this season. No unnecessary spectacle and decent writing. Some strong moments of acting, too.

Pretty good.

Last edited:
Oh, and I watched around 5 episodes of The Expanse. So far, there's nothing too interesting about it - but it's also not scaring me away.

I really need a character to care about, and I'm finding all three main protagonists dreadfully dull.

Not sure I'll stick with it - but at least it's something.

Friday is The Defenders, right? I expect to be mildly entertained by that.

I have enjoyed this season a lot more than the past two seasons. I felt like each and every episode showed something new and moved the storyline forward.

In the past two seasons, I felt like they dragged out the storyline for no reason other than to make a quick buck.

H8SGVTZ.jpg

Anyone here watch season 2 of Wynonna Earp? I thought it's been better than season 1.

Anyone here watch season 2 of Wynonna Earp? I thought it's been better than season 1.

I had to google to see if that was a real thing. :biggrin:

Watched The Defenders and was just as underwhelmed as I was with Iron Fist. Worse, actually - because that one at least had some compelling characters.

I honestly couldn't tell you why I bother to watch these - or how I manage to finish them.

I guess I'm that bored.

Another very good episode of GoT last night. This season so far has exceeded my expectations.

I loved the scene with the undead bear. GoT has always had excellent visual effects, but it still manages to surprise me with how good they are.

Another very good episode of GoT last night. This season so far has exceeded my expectations.

I loved the scene with the undead bear. GoT has always had excellent visual effects, but it still manages to surprise me with how good they are.

They are rushing the story and its starting to annoy me!

1. Aray seems stupid and lets hope there is more to this than whats happening between her and Sansa.

2. Uncle Ben to the rescue.... c'mon.

3. the whole plan to capture the wright seems stupid from the get go. It also seems to put hole in the lore. The whole point of the wall is so that WW cannot cross it not because its big but it has magical property which prevents the WW. But if the wrights can then why not send an army of wrights?

Good episode but i hope they didn't have to rush things.

Also anyone taking bets on Jon and Dany doing the dirty next episode? :lol: My theory will be that she will be pregnant with a child since they talked about successions and one of her dragons died...

Emilia Clarke is such as good actress and I am really enjoying her acting this season. I think she is the best so far followed by Jaime Lannister.

Exciting news for Judge Dredd fans - a new TV show apparently confirmed AND Karl Urban in talks to return from the movie. I'd absolutely love to see this happen!
http://www.denofgeek.com/uk/tv/dred...series-karl-urban-officially-in-talks-to-star

Loved the Dredd movie with him :)

One of the few 3D movie experiences I've had that was actually worth it.

I have no experience with the comics, though.

Not sure how much such a show could offer in terms of story and variety. I mean, isn't Dredd essentially Batman without the alter-ego?

I wonder what it would be beyond a lot of bad guys getting their asses kicked.

They are rushing the story and its starting to annoy me!

1. Aray seems stupid and lets hope there is more to this than whats happening between her and Sansa.

2. Uncle Ben to the rescue…. c'mon.

3. the whole plan to capture the wright seems stupid from the get go. It also seems to put hole in the lore. The whole point of the wall is so that WW cannot cross it not because its big but it has magical property which prevents the WW. But if the wrights can then why not send an army of wrights?

Good episode but i hope they didn't have to rush things.

Also anyone taking bets on Jon and Dany doing the dirty next episode? :lol: My theory will be that she will be pregnant with a child since they talked about successions and one of her dragons died…

Emilia Clarke is such as good actress and I am really enjoying her acting this season. I think she is the best so far followed by Jaime Lannister.
Yes, I didn't like yesterday's GoT episode either…
Yes, from Godfrey's impossibly fast run to the wall, to the ravens going from the wall to Dragonstone (sort of like flying from Scotland to the Mediterranean) and then Danny flying her dragons to the North, and then searching and finding them, all in about one night. To Jon Snow surviving for minutes under freezing waters to then miraculously be rescued by Uncle Ben who happened to be around… I've always defended GoT because, even though it's a fantasy based show, it managed to make things belieavable, things made sense, but not yesterday.

Loved the Dredd movie with him :)

One of the few 3D movie experiences I've had that was actually worth it.

I have no experience with the comics, though.

Not sure how much such a show could offer in terms of story and variety. I mean, isn't Dredd essentially Batman without the alter-ego?

I wonder what it would be beyond a lot of bad guys getting their asses kicked.

He's a complex anti-hero enforcing the law in a distopian society where sugar and coffee are banned as drugs and he has the right to execute people on the spot for crimes. Very dark, and loads of potential from the comic, which has been running for 30 years. There's a great story called Democracy where protesrors try to bring democracy into the governemt and Dredd is charged with stopping them. Very dark. He definitely isn't a superhero as such.

He's a complex anti-hero enforcing the law in a distopian society where sugar and coffee are banned as drugs and he has the right to execute people on the spot for crimes. Very dark, and loads of potential from the comic, which has been running for 30 years. There's a great story called Democracy where protesrors try to bring democracy into the governemt and Dredd is charged with stopping them. Very dark. He definitely isn't a superhero as such.

I'm no comic book expert - but I think Batman is also supposed to be a "normal" man only with gadgets and a ton of money ;)

But I guess it could be refreshing with an anti-hero that's actually going to kill on purpose instead of the constant and predictable moralising.

Will keep an eye out.

You have to finish the series at some point. You want to take 3 episodes for the ravens to reach Dragonstone? I wish GoT would last 5 more seasons but you have to move the story along.

You have to finish the series at some point. You want to take 3 episodes for the ravens to reach Dragonstone? I wish GoT would last 5 more seasons but you have to move the story along.

This is what I mean, they are rushing and it shows. I am not writer but may be they could have written things differently? Maybe get Dany to go with them in the first place since she very quickly and easily went after seeing just one message. We know that she has the hots for Jon so it won't be too much out of place for her to go with them? I don't know but I am sure a better writer than me could have come up with better way to tell the story!

Agree with your sentiment Lost, about it being rushed and all the incongruities and the deus ex machina moments.

That said, it was the most intense episode and affecting episode for me yet.

I could see the stuff with Arya coming seasons ago, but I hope there is a twist.

Back
Top Bottom