The TV Series discussion thread

I've started it too, I wasn't sure to like it at first, but now I'm already at season 3 :)

Looking forward to it :D
I'm just finishing The Last Kingdom this weekend.

Is your impression still the same?

I wanted to watch again the bit you talked about earlier.
There are some behaviours like that which are designed to steer the plot, and sometimes it's more obvious. But I'm not really shocked or upset by it, here Vibeke is completely lost in her own bubble - look at how she walks oblivious in the middle of a battle looking up at trinkets. Kids are often hiding in silly places so why not out of reach on a roof?

But I agree, the whole scene looks silly and it actually made me laugh, which can't be the intention in the first place. Well, sometimes we're acting silly IRL too. :)

It seems this last season puts a lot of pressure on several characters and is too eager to show they're at the end of their tether. Maybe they wanted to justify that it was time to end the series?

The fort catching fire is such an example, but thankfully it's miraculously extinguished.

I have this whole mental theory now about Kim Wexler....now, let me be clear, I think she dies when all is said and done. I mean we can tell from this series that the raid on Goodman's abode obviously is happening during the Breaking Bad timeline, and not the Better Call Saul one. There is no sign of Kim, and yet does that mean she's dead? Listen to what Mike had to say about her, and the man is spot-on, she's savvy, flexible, and cunning.

Sooo....if she does survive, could she be one of the big players behind the scenes during the entire Breaking Bad run? Certainly. A bigger question might be why Kim is going to the lengths she is against Howard. The answer to that is pretty obvious: Howard himself. He treats subordinates very different from one another, never two quite the same, and a huge portion of that is obvious in how he treats Jim/Kim.

I also suspect Gene is dead or will die soon. Coming out of the Cinnabon life is quite likely going to lead to his demise, imo. There is at least one person that's already recognized him from the past, and where there's one, there can always be more. Gosh, how I enjoy a show that actually makes you think!!~

So, I watched the new Trek show, Strange New Worlds. While I do have lots of issues with the way all the current Star Trek shows seem to venture, this one might be the best of the bunch to date. Granted it's only one episode in, yet the potential is there for an acceptable show. I'm a huge fan of Mount, so I'm really trying to be optimistic with this one!

It's pretty obvious that Jonah pulled the trigger, but I like that they didn't show it.

It's obvious that Jonah pulled the trigger, but it's not obvious to me who he was aiming at when he did so. His mom? Mel? Himself because he'd had enough? Up in the air right before he told everyone there to quit fucking around? Some of these are more likely than others, but as I said in my earlier post, it doesn't make sense to shoot Mel at that point.

It's obvious that Jonah pulled the trigger, but it's not obvious to me who he was aiming at when he did so. His mom? Mel? Himself because he'd had enough? Up in the air right before he told everyone there to quit fucking around? Some of these are more likely than others, but as I said in my earlier post, it doesn't make sense to shoot Mel at that point.

I didn't think it was that ambiguous.

He either shot Mel or he shot the Urn. Anything else would have made far less sense.

It's interesting though how that ending had been foreshadowed. They must have conceived part of it early on or even from the start. There were multiple instances throughout the series where Jonah had a rifle aimed at someone. That's obviously not coincidence.

I started to watch Netflix's Clark, a biography of the swedish criminal Clark Olofsson, whose crimes helped coin the term "Stockholm Syndrome". I'm still in the third chapter and the series has less action (and more comedy) than you'd expect. Not that I'm not enjoying it, because I am.

As the series advertises itself, it is "based on the truths and lies" from the real Olofsson's life.

Last night I finished off Carnival Row, I really enjoyed this interpretation of the fairie realms. If there's a second show I'll be watching it for sure. The casting was solid and the ending was pretty good, didn't leave many threads undone.

Oh boy, the most recent episode of Better Call Saul, where to start? Howard is on to the dynamic duo, and goads Jim into a boxing match, which is pretty horrific to watch and ends about how you'd expect. Afterwards we find out that Kim and Jim obviously planned for Howard to suss out the details at some point, so....yeah. This whole thing is going to get very ugly before it's over.

And Lalo showed up! So like, I was thinking that if you'd tricked people into believing you were dead, the last thing you would do would be to charge them head-on, you might do some research and check for vulnerabilities/weaknesses first. I thought Lalo might head to Chile or other cartels interests to plot against Fring, yet the last thing I expected was for him to follow Werner's trail back to Germany!!! This has all sorts of implications, obviously he doesn't destroy the underground dwelling as we know it exists in Breaking Bad, yet maybe Lalo is interred in the concrete, lol? Once again, fantastic story-telling, this show simply gets better every episode.

Started watching Walking Dead again.

I stopped around season 4 sometime the last time, and now I'm up to Season 5 (started over).

I like it quite a bit for the most part, but there's no denying it's a little repetitive. It seems to go in circles - and I struggle to imagine how they're going to switch it up sufficiently for so many seasons.

We'll see if I can stand it all the way.

Also tried hard to get into Batman - The Animated Series - as I keep hearing it's the best Batman ever and what not.

It definitely is NOT that - but it might have been if I'd been a kid. I can see the appeal and the execution is decent for what it is. There are a few gems here and there (the Mr. Freeze episode being my favorite) - but it's mostly quite forgettable.

They released a trailer for the Resident Evil Netflix show today. I was initially excited when they announced an RE series. It seemed like something that could be pretty cool if done right.

After watching the trailer, I realize I should have known better. It looks like the typical woke garbage that Netflix is becoming known for. :-/

I've been sticking with Outer Range, though at times it goes off in some tangents that make it difficult to track. I've got a pretty good idea on who Autumn really is, and with one episode left to watch I'm wondering if they'll do a big reveal or perhaps leave it for the next series. I'm hoping the show surprises me and finishes strong.

Also tried hard to get into Batman - The Animated Series - as I keep hearing it's the best Batman ever and what not.

It definitely is NOT that - but it might have been if I'd been a kid. I can see the appeal and the execution is decent for what it is. There are a few gems here and there (the Mr. Freeze episode being my favorite) - but it's mostly quite forgettable.

I loved it when it first came out and I was somewhere in my teens. But it also didn't have a lot of competition, especially in network tv. Just the idea of a relatively mature cartoon was still fairly novel to me then. I still have very fond memories of it, but it's not something I'd necessarily recommend to an adult now for anything other than nostalgia.

I watched most of the Batman animated series back when my son was young, really enjoyed watching the show and he did as well. I'm not sure I'd enjoy it as much these days, might have to give a try.

Last night after years of thinking about it, I finally watched the first episode of Good Omens. I couldn't tell you how many people suggested this show to me over time, and all of them were right, I quite like it. At least the first one so far, and I'll be watching more for sure!!

Last night after years of thinking about it, I finally watched the first episode of Good Omens. I couldn't tell you how many people suggested this show to me over time, and all of them were right, I quite like it. At least the first one so far, and I'll be watching more for sure!!

Good to know, I'll give it a try when I'm finished with Ozark. :)

I really enjoyed Good Omens. The final episode wasn't great, but neither was the finale of the actual book, so I am willing to give them a pass.

There is talk about a sequel, which would be more questionable given that there would be no book to base it on. But I'd still give a chance.

I finished watching Outer Range, this one I'm not sure about, as it really didn't answer a whole lot, save for who Autumn really is, which was quite obvious a while back. Honestly I was expecting much better with Brolin in the lead.

Back
Top Bottom