The Video Game Trivia Thread

Since you said Scooby Doo I was going to say Casey Casem but then you said it was the movie..then you said it was a woman..so I'll say Linda Carter. heh.

I'm never going to win one of these things.

The voice actor I'm thinking of played:
- Dynaheir in Baldur's Gate
- Fall from Grace in PS: T
- Mazzy in BG2
- Jaden Korr in Jedi Academy
- Bastila in KotOR

The answer is ... Jennifer Hale.

Her acting in Jedi Academy made the female character the only real choice.

OK, I'll go again:

- Name the RPG in which you play as a guy named Jack who is sucked from his home through a portal to save a whole world.

Optional bonus - what voice actor played the villain in Soldier of Fortune 2.

Ultima?

optional bonus: Paul Rueubens?

You know way too much about voice actors.

Is that who to blame? Geez, I hated her voice.

I don't recall your character being given a name in Ultima.

Jack...hmmm

The Sword in the Stone?

NOX?.......

Nox is right, we have a winner!

The bonus question answer was Mark Hammill (Luke Skywalker fame, also voices the cartoon version of the Joker in the Batman series and many other roles)

You're up, Shagnak!

Okey dokey, here goes...

A certain developer hit it big with action games that had a small peppering of RPG tropes. The games they had a hand in included Hexen and Heretic. (I'll leave out the developer's name to make it not so easy, but they teamed up with Id for the aforementioned two titles)

What was this developer's first game title (hint: it was an EoB/DM clone).

Bonus: what platforms was it developed for?

So it was a first person party based-dungeon hack. I pretty sure I played them all, and the only ones that weren't part of a series and not made by ssi that I can think of is Lands of Lore, but that was bullfrog I think. I would say anvil of dawn since hexen was an fps, but you specifically said eob/dm clone and I think hexen came out before it. Legends of Valor didn't have a praty and is more of a UU clone. So I am going with Hex-Wizard Heresy or something like that since it seems to have the same naming scheme and fits the clone requirment.

Raven's first title was Black Crypt; it came out for Amiga and (much, much later I think) for PC. No idea if it was released for other platforms, sorry about that!

So I am going with Hex-Wizard Heresy or something like that since it seems to have the same naming scheme and fits the clone requirment.
:lol: Good try.
Jaz said:
Raven's first title was Black Crypt; it came out for Amiga and (much, much later I think) for PC. No idea if it was released for other platforms, sorry about that!
Correct!
It was only released commercially for the Amiga, and many years later as a two-level demo for PC (by a third party/fan, I think?).
More info here: http://www.ravengames.com/blackcrypt/blackcrypt.php
And here: http://www.ravensoft.com/GamesDetail/tabid/76/XMID/3/Default.aspx
narpet said:
That was a great game! I remember playing it on the Amiga 500 when it first game out.
Yeah, it is one of my all-time faves. Mainly due to fun and fond memories - it certainly is nothing original as far as gameplay goes. There is a heap of medium-size hits listed by Raven in the second link above; it's a pity that they never returned to "traditional" RPG matter and gravitated toward the all-out action route.
Also a pity that a complete PC version of Black Crypt was never made. I think it would have done well - it got some acclaim at the time on the Amiga.

Anyway...Jaz's turn!

Ooooookay... let's stay with Raven for the time being. Which episode end boss from Heretic 1 returned as (sort of) an ally in Hexen 1, and under which name?

Ooooookay... let's stay with Raven for the time being. Which episode end boss from Heretic 1 returned as (sort of) an ally in Hexen 1, and under which name?

The only thing I can think of from both games are Serpent Riders ... no names come to me.

D'sparil is the only name from Heretic I can remember. One of my all time favorite shooters.

D'sparil is the only name from Heretic I can remember. One of my all time favorite shooters.

That looks familiar now that I see it ... isn't it funny that I can recall obscure voice actors but not major boss names ... guess I'm just too busy killin' stuff ;)

D'sparil was the Serpent Rider and end boss (episode 3 boss if you count Shadow of the Serpent Rider) of Heretic 1. The other Serpent Riders were Korax (of Hexen 1) and Eidolon (of Hexen 2).
I didn't mean D'sparil or any other Serpent Rider, however... the episode boss I mean is not unique (i.e., there are more instances than just one in the game).

Oh ... I was thinking boss ... is it the Minotaur guys with hammers? (I just replayed some a year or so ago on the Mac ... should have paid more attention ... )

D'sparil was the Serpent Rider and end boss (episode 3 boss if you count Shadow of the Serpent Rider) of Heretic 1. The other Serpent Riders were Korax (of Hexen 1) and Eidolon (of Hexen 2).
I didn't mean D'sparil or any other Serpent Rider, however... the episode boss I mean is not unique (i.e., there are more instances than just one in the game).

Do you mean the Maulotaurs?? "Dark servants" in Hexen I believe they were called.

Last edited:
The Maulotaur/s was/were the episode boss/es* of Heretic's episode 2. They were big Minotaur guys with hammers, and they reappeared in Hexen 1 as Dark Servants, iventory items to be used at leisure. I had my servants win many a battle for me :).

Icefire's turn!

In "Starcraft". if you were being attacked by "Siege Tanks", what would be the best unit to counter with and why?

Back
Top Bottom