The Video Game Trivia Thread

That looks familiar now that I see it ... isn't it funny that I can recall obscure voice actors but not major boss names ... guess I'm just too busy killin' stuff ;)

There is nothing obscure about Jennifer Hale. With a voice like that I would marry her on the spot no matter what she looks like or how old she is :smitten:

Finally there was a question I could answer and then I miss it by a mile. Typical.

Anyway, regarding the current question I would say that on a general note it would be best to counter Siege Tanks with aerial units since the tanks could only target ground units.

Yehaw!!! ... errm, I never really expected to get one right, so I haven't really got a good question at hand :embarrassed:

Oh wait :idea:, I got one though it may be a bit easy. Oh well, here goes:

In at least 3 games a rather famous Forgotten Realms personality makes an appearance. Who is it and in which 2 games do you actually get to play/control said person?

I'm betting one of those two is Demon Stone.

In at least 3 games a rather famous Forgotten Realms personality makes an appearance. Who is it and in which 2 games do you actually get to play/control said person?

My guess is Drizzt ... I know he was around in BG, BG2 and Demon Stone.

I think it was Drizzt... he was in Menzoberranzen, BG1, BG2, and Demon Stone I believe.

I think you were able to play him in Menzoberranzen, and Demon Stone.

Just a guess

All 3 of you are correct but it was narpet who got the missing Menzoberranzen game as well.

Though I seemed to remember Drizzt showing up in both of the Baldur's Gate games, I was not entirely certain so I just said "at least 3".

In case anyone is wondering, Menzoberranzen was one of 3 games from the mid 90'ies built on the same engine (the others were 2 Ravenloft games: Strahd's Possession and Stone Prophet). In Menzoberranzen you got the chance to include Drizzt in your party for a while, including his cool Astral Panther Guenhwyvar.

In Demon Stone there was a castle defense level where you also got the chance to control Drizzt.

It took less than an hour to guess, so I guess it was indeed too easy :oops:

Take it away narpet :lol:

*** I loved Menzoberranzen by the way... it was a great game that didn't get enough credit. ***

Okay, next. This may be an easy one as well...

There was a CRPG from long ago that had a very different end game. Where most CRPGs require you to finish the game with a huge battle against the big bad guy, this CRPG ended without a fight. There was a big bad guy, but you had to imprison (actually re-imprison) him.

Clues - This was a fantasy CRPG. The main character was named Lukas (though you could rename him). The big bad guy's name was Dreax.

What was the game, and how did you (re)imprison Dreax?

I know this one, one of the few rpgs I had on my commodore. Magic Candle.

He was imprisoned in a candle. I never beet it, so I am going with magic candle?

I know this one, one of the few rpgs I had on my commodore. Magic Candle.

He was imprisoned in a candle. I never beet it, so I am going with magic candle?

I played it on the Amiga... it was a great game.

Roqua has it... the game, The Magic Candle. You had to imprison Dreax within the Magic Candle before it melted all the way down and freed him.

You're up Roqua...

Alright: There was a SSI rpg that didn't use D&D, it was a single character game. In that game in order to progress you needed to bring a specific drink to someone. But, there was a problem with that causing the person needing the drink not to accept it, or recognize what you were saying. What was the drink and how did you get around the bug?

Bonus question for the action game fans from when I played them: What was the cheat code for the nes's Contra?

Sheesh, I remember that problem, but I can't remember the game or anything else about it!! I always remember frustrations, but rarely the solutions.

I forget the name of the game also, checking all the games SSI made I think its Prophecy of Shadow but I could only find one screen shot on underdogs so I'm only 98% or so.

The problem was that you had to give someone a bottle of white zinfandel. You had to type it in but it wouldn't take if you spelled it correctly, so you had to spell it wrong (as I probably did above).

Disclaimer: there is a small chance that you had to spell it right, but it was spelled wrong in the dialogue/quest log.

Bonus question: up down up down left right left right b a b a start.

New question: How did Donkey Kong get it's name. Who is Mario named after?

I assume King Kong!! Which Mario? Andretti??

Mario of Mario brothers then? Did YOU really play this game!!??!! :)

Mario of Mario brothers then? Did YOU really play this game!!??!! :)

Apparently you didn't :D. No one referred to the franchise as "Mario Brothers" until Super Mario Brothers came out on the NES. Luigi wasn't even around until the first Mario Brothers.

On a side note, what annoys me most in the States is that kids call him Mahr-ee-oh, the Spanish pronunciation, and not Mare-ee-oh the Italian pronunciation like we do in Canada.

Anyways, roqua, I had heard as a kid Donkey Kong meant "Stupid Ape" in Japanese. I'm not sure where Mario came from. I always thought that kids made it up and it spread by word of mouth as the the story was taken from the movie.

Let me add to this question roques. What is the name of girl that Mario is trying to save from Donkey Kong, only to later dump her for the Mushroom Princess?

Puala or Pauline, or something like that. A play on king kong and stuborn animal, donkey kong. And Mario was named after the italian janitor of the building who kept giving whats his name a hard time as a slight.

New question: No one has really liked mine so I'll go for one that is educational that I also got from a history of video games show. Why was the sound card created specifically?

Back
Top Bottom