Things you don't need to know...

Yep an those laws are causing international and national problems as well.

Battle over pork reaches Supreme Court
Good because the crazy California law would hike up pork prices even more.

Who thought a candy cannon was a good idea.:oops:

The candy rained down like little pebbles of hail on the poor kids.

Did you know that dead whales can explode? Well, now you know...

I remotely know these people. Apparently the wife of that guy did not let him in after the incident because he smelled so bad even though he showered and changed his clothes before heading home. He had to sleep in a shed for some nights :rolleyes:

I'll gladly pay more for food to ensure better animal welfare.
Sure but not with inflation at all time high and this law raising already high prices.

Anyway there's more to the bill then better treatment.

Also one state law should not affect the entire supply chain it's the current ruling by the 1970's supreme court. So more then likely that bill will be altered or fail in the end.
The industry groups have argued that Proposition 12 violates a provision of the U.S. Constitution, entitled the Commerce Clause, which allows Congress to regulate interstate commerce. A legal doctrine, the Dormant Commerce Clause, bans states from passing laws discriminating against commerce in other states.
However, the Biden administration supports the pork producers, claiming, in a Supreme Court brief, that states cannot ban products "that pose no threat to public health or safety based on philosophical objections."
I'm starting to get political and this isn't the sub-forum.

Last edited:
Now I'm confused: was that picture photoshopped or were they sending a message that I don't understand because I'm too young? :unsure:

EDIT: Ouch, the answer is pretty obvious... :wall:

Now I'm confused: was that picture photoshopped or were they sending a message that I don't understand because I'm too young? :unsure:

EDIT: Ouch, the answer is pretty obvious... :wall:
We could open a new thread: Things you wish you hadn't said... :)

View: https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1581306858987352065

Fantastic. Lovely economic system we're having. A game that makes hundreds of millions, can only afford to pay the leading voice actress 4k dollars flat.

And I hear they got Jennifer Hale as a replacement? Which begs the question. Did they pay Hale the same or less? I'd be surprised, considering her portfolio. Or maybe she did take less. Which is even worse. But if they're paying Hale a lot more, then again, it looks awful. Just more proof that you're not payed based on your contribution, but on how little they can get away with. Which is just common sense in the system we have. It's shocking when you hear people deny this.

Similar to how some IT companies are trying to get you to take a pay cut just because you're working from home? Or because you can now work from a cheaper city? Again, you're not payed on the worth of your work, but on how much someone higher up thinks you need to just survive and do your work.

That's how you make the big big profits. Squeeze everyone down the chain. :(

Last edited:
Fantastic. Lovely economic system we're having. A game that makes hundreds of millions, can only afford to pay the leading voice actress 4k dollars flat.
Unfortunately, this has happened with music and with movies/films as well in several decades.

A pole of inaccesibility "with respect to a geographical criterion of inaccessibility marks a location that is the most challenging to reach according to that criterion" (Wikipedia). One type is the location at sea most distant from any piece of dry land. The record holder is Point Nemo (named after, you know), 2,688 km from the nearest Pacific islands (Pandora, Motu Nuy and Maher Island). Quite a distance to swim if you happened to fall over board there.

That distance means that sometimes the nearest humans are astronauts at the international space station, 400 km above earth. (This is of course shared by any point on earth more than 400km from the nearest on-earth human habitation).

You don't find land there, not much life either. But you do find a lot of wrecked spacecraft/satellites (hundreds and hundreds of'em). That's because space agencies tends to guide has-beens leaving orbit in that general direction, assuming they're less likely to collide with humans there. Nice.

It's also the location of R'lyeh.

pbbuR who has not yet decided whether he want wants to decide whether to go there or not (may do so after possibly deciding about Australia).

Last edited:

Such a shame. So it's dead on PS, unless you have have a PS3 and a disk.
If this doesn't make them consider a remaster/remake, nothing will.
I guess, again, they have no pride or respect for their game. If they can't milk it, it's gonna die.

Such a shame. So it's dead on PS, unless you have have a PS3 and a disk.
If this doesn't make them consider a remaster/remake, nothing will.
I guess, again, they have no pride or respect for their game. If they can't milk it, it's gonna die.
That's pretty surprising given the popularity of RDR. I wonder what the rationale was for the decision.

PS3 emulation is still improving though, and hopefully it'll get to a point where RDR is perfectly playable someday via that method.

That's pretty surprising given the popularity of RDR. I wonder what the rationale was for the decision.

PS3 emulation is still improving though, and hopefully it'll get to a point where RDR is perfectly playable someday via that method.
I recently tried to emulate it, using a controller to keyboard adapter. And technically it ran. But it's such an annoying experience. The input adapter isn't good really, but I guess you can get used to that. But then you have to find workarounds for locking your cursor to the context of the emulation window, so that you can control character orientation, but not also operate whatever you have on your pc's desktop. And it also runs kind of iffy, even on my hardware. Doesn't really look very good. Even worse than I remember it on console. You really have to want to play it, to endure all of that.

Well performance, bad coding, and the engine were all cited why Rockstar never ported the game to the PC. So I'm not really surprised the emulated PC version is a mess as well.

Back
Top Bottom