Things you don't need to know...

Given the size and specs of that ship it's not surprising it blew up twice. Anyway these launches are to test out the new technology, and like said above it was still a success.

Last time it blew up on launch this time it almost made it to space.

I assume this also applies to tfypos.

pibbuR who realizes the only solution now is to recommend (require?) native UK English speakers to leave the watch (Americans and ozzies can stay of course). Or to ban the others.
I once was on a business trip to Japan with a colleague from the UK. One of our Japanese hosts proudly explained his English skills (which were not that convincing): He regularly trained English with an English teacher from Australia. My colleague and I tried to hold it back but broke in laughter simultaneously...

I once was on a business trip to Japan with a colleague from the UK. One of our Japanese hosts proudly explained his English skills (which were not that convincing): He regularly trained English with an English teacher from Australia. My colleague and I tried to hold it back but broke in laughter simultaneously...
Gasp was it Engrish instead?:biggrin: I've seen the same in Korea on a past trip. I try not to laugh or get bothered as their language sounds funny from foreigners as well.

Deer-teeth.jpg

Some of them gets a bit old…

This is Jonathan, the oldest land animal known in the world, he just turned 191.
Hatched c. 1832, he survived World War I and World War II, the Russian Revolution, seven monarchs on the British throne, and 39 US presidents.

~ EuroNews, Smithsonian Magazine, Earthly Mission

”They don’t make grass like they used to.”

Jonathan.jpg

I did watch a little, but I almost fell asleep. It's best to take it one bite at a time.

I think he's overthinking it, at least for the first game. We played that for the fun, back then, and we didn't care one bit about the ridiculous story they slapped on it at the last minute. It even felt quite elaborate in comparison to Space Invaders and Pacman.

American McGee's levels were great in DM. :)

Yeah, not being aware of any of the other id people, I was surprised to hear American McGee among them. And damn, what a name.
I knew of the Alice series, but though American McGee must've been some pen-name of some writer or something, that wrote some spinoff books off the original Carol Lewis book.
Never in 100 years did I imagine that was the game a level designer that made his name in Quake and Doom.

Yeah, not being aware of any of the other id people, I was surprised to hear American McGee among them. And damn, what a name.
I knew of the Alice series, but though American McGee must've been some pen-name of some writer or something, that wrote some spinoff books off the original Carol Lewis book.
Never in 100 years did I imagine that was the game a level designer that made his name in Quake and Doom.
That's funny because I had the opposite experience. I first knew him because of the maps, then I heard about the Alice game and wondered how the hell he ended up doing something so different. :D

I don't remember much about that game, except it wasn't really my cup of tea.

Back
Top Bottom