Things you don't need to know...

While I've tried several MMO's over the years, the only one I've stuck with is DDO and that because we have an RPGWatch Guild and a group of us having been playing together (once a week) for over 10 years. At least the base game is Free. I still prefer a really good SP game though.

On a personal note, since I stuck for the next 5-6 weeks with no right arm I've started to fully take in the option of doing everything onehanded.
The keyboard is especially tiring since my arm now travels a whole lot more, and my shoulder especially is taking a beating.

I've also moved my logitech mx 3s on the left side of the keyboard, and switched the left and right mouse buttons, and let me tell you, it's a mental trip. But surprisingly it's easier than without switching. At least for the left click (now the right). The right is still asking me for dedicated concentration.

I also took a min test, since I was curious. Pretty bad. But I now understand and am thankful for the other pair of shift/ctrl buttons :D
1704464838593.png

On a personal note, since I stuck for the next 5-6 weeks with no right arm I've started to fully take in the option of doing everything onehanded.
The keyboard is especially tiring since my arm now travels a whole lot more, and my shoulder especially is taking a beating.

I've also moved my logitech mx 3s on the left side of the keyboard, and switched the left and right mouse buttons, and let me tell you, it's a mental trip. But surprisingly it's easier than without switching. At least for the left click (now the right). The right is still asking me for dedicated concentration.
Ouch, that's a pretty long time...

It's always amazing to see how the body can (fortunately) adapt.

g7ZOXSE.png

In case you haven't decided where to go for your (northern hemisphere) summer holiday: https://web.archive.org/web/2015052...om/2014/05/02/extreme-tourism-would-you-dare/

pibbuR who since he supposes you've already made your arrangements, chooses to post it in thei thread. But assumes it may be an option for next year.

PS. Or you could of course go the the huge landmass (for some reason not mentioned) down below, which should provide similar excitement. DS

Last edited:
PS. Or you could of course go the the huge landmass (for some reason not mentioned) down below, which should provide similar excitement. DS
Why wouldn't you want to mention Antarctica? Everybody knows that you mean that, anyways, because there is nothing else of interest down under. :cool:

In case you haven't decided where to go for your (northern hemisphere) summer holiday: https://web.archive.org/web/2015052...om/2014/05/02/extreme-tourism-would-you-dare/

pibbuR who since he supposes you've already made your arrangements, chooses to post it in thei thread. But assumes it may be an option for next year.
There's just the right hotel to chill after all those activities. ;)

Why wouldn't you want to mention Antarctica? Everybody knows that you mean that, anyways, because there is nothing else of interest down under. :cool:
No. I meant that other island (where they speak weird English). Given acceptable temperatures and no animals wanting to kill you, I don't consider going to the ultimate south particularly extreme.

pibbuR

PS. The first one visiting the pole was Norwegian. After that there have been lots of (Norwegian) firsts: The first one going there all alone, the first one going from one end to the other, the first one going there without arms (Cato Zahl Pedersen). The first lawyer. I'm dreaming of being the first one going there without any form of preparations. DS

Last edited:
This is pretty sick. NeverKnowsBest analyzed what happened with Emil Pagliarulo, the lead story writer at Bethesda who got a lot of hate for years because of a few dishonest people on reddit and Youtube. It got quite intense in late December.

NKB does a very good job at showing how groundless this whole bubble is, and how people outbid one another because they're not even bothering to check simple facts. It's really frightening to see how irresponsible some people can be.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-4qdjV41NU

Hey, don't destroy what I write with facts.

pibbuR who, if he decides to be honest (for once) admits he would last longer (and like it more, he might even go there) down under than down down under.

PS. I have experienced close to -30 once, driving through northen Sweden (in winter), and having to take a break peeing outside (nobody else close by and no toilets in sight). Ouch. DS.

Last edited:
Hey, don't destroy what I write with facts.

pibbuR who, if he decides to be honest (for once) admits he would last longer (and like it more, he might even go there) down under than down down under.

PS. I have experienced close to -30 once, driving through northen Sweden (in winter), and having to take a break peeing outside (nobody else close by and no toilets in sight). Ouch. DS.
I once had to fill up the gas in a rental car while it was -25 C (-13 F) and very windy. I went outside of the car in a t-shirt since I was like 22 years old and thought I was invincible, and it took me a few minutes before I had finished. I don't think I've ever shaken as much from cold in my life.

Now if it gets that cold I mostly dress properly for the occasion. I even keep warm clothes on in the car often. :D

PS. A friend of mine claimed that if it is below -37 C, if you pee from just a slight height, it will be frozen before it hits the ground. I doubt it is true, but it would be cool both in a literal and metaphorical sense.

The worst I had here was about -23°C. That's the day I had to climb on my roof to install a tube in the chimney for the central heating (yes, because we didn't have one yet). At one point, I was wondering whether I'd still be able to climb down.

Fond memories. ;)

PS: Having to remove snow from the car or ice from the windshield, then having red, numb / burning hands after is a classic, even with more reasonable temperatures. Brr.

PS: Having to remove snow from the car or ice from the windshield, then having red, numb / burning hands after is a classic, even with more reasonable temperatures. Brr.
I always chuckle when I pass those poor souls. For me it's getting onto my bike and I'm off to work or wherever. 🚴‍♂️ Luckily for the cyclist in me, up here in the north of Germany we seldom have snow and ice, thanks to the north sea's warming influence.

Hardly had any snow this winter in CT. We're getting autumn weather instead with rain. I often have to ask myself if it's winter, but the nights always remind me.

We recently had a nice layer of 30 cm, which lasted a few days. It was beautiful.
Now, the snow is gone and it's back to storms all the time.

I always chuckle when I pass those poor souls. For me it's getting onto my bike and I'm off to work or wherever. 🚴‍♂️ Luckily for the cyclist in me, up here in the north of Germany we seldom have snow and ice, thanks to the north sea's warming influence.
You wouldn't like to use a bike here when it snows, unless you're in an area where they can afford to remove it from the road. In my neighbourhood, they didn't do anything. But I'm not complaining; it was the perfect opportunity to do a few donuts. ;)

The biking conditions here in middle Sweden is currently awful, with several weeks of very cold weather (-10 to -25 C) with lots of snow, followed by the weather hovering just above freezing and lots of rain and slush coming down. The streets have been covered in uneven ice with water on top. Luckily I decided to get winter tires a few weeks ago, so I still ride my bike to work. It works, but takes a lot longer...

PS. Riding a bike in -25 C is not very comfortable, even with good winter clothes, but it beats standing around and waiting for a bus that is late or removing ice from the windows of one's car. :D

@Redglyph Why not use gloves when removing the ice/frost from the car?

Back
Top Bottom