Tyranny - Release Date Confirmed

Aubrielle

Noveliste
Paradox and Obsidian have announced that Tyranny will release November 10.

Edit: Corrected Steam link. Thanks, Joxer!

You can now pre-order the title on Steam, on GOG or directly from Paradox. The basic version of the game costs €41.99/$44.99/£34.99, a version with a few bonuses - such as a digital map and the game's soundtrack - called the Archon Edition costs €54.99/$59.99/£44.99, while finally, those of you who are willing to share more cash will be able to also get an Artbook and a Collector's Book (similar to the backer reward for Pillars of Eternity, I assume) for a whooping €73.99/$79.99/£60.99. A breakdown of the bonus content can be found at this link.

Finally, it's worth noting, if nothing else then for the sake of completion, that the game will also include a couple of items as pre-order bonuses. I hope they won't offer too much of a bonus, otherwise the balance of the game will be affected for a relatively small minority of players. Here's the description for the items:

Fatebinder's Seal
  • The seal of a Fatebinder is used to stamp documents with Tunon's sigil. Though modest in appearance, the seal is a representation of Kyros' legal approval. Merely holding it impresses upon the wielder a sense of authority.
  • Accessory
  • Grants +2 Resolve
Commander’s Will
  • These boots have been passed down the ranks of Northern soldiers who distinguish themselves as promising leaders.
  • Leather Boots
  • Trigger on Party Kill: Remove a hostile effect from each active party member
    (Only usable by Player)
More information.

Last edited:
I'm willing to Kickstart something for around 30 dollars, but I'm not going to pay that price for a new game. Good luck to Obsidian on this one. I hope its a good game and does well, and I'll buy it once it goes on sale.

Released one day before Dishonored 2.
This is the first time ever it happened to me, I never had game release conflict before. This is kinda weird.

I look forward to reading some reviews / impressions from people here but considering that I never finished PoE I'm in no rush to get it.

This is the first time ever it happened to me, I never had game release conflict before. This is kinda weird.

I will just get both. I will just have to go without Starbucks for the month.

Did they not announce this game like 6 months ago? Seem awfully fast release...

Not in a hurry to buy it as well since I wasn't too pleased with POE.

Did they not announce this game like 6 months ago? Seem awfully fast release…

Not in a hurry to buy it as well since I wasn't too pleased with POE.

Yes it was announced back in March but I assume they've been working on it for many months before that. It's supposed to be a shortish game and since they're using the Pillars engine that obviously saves a lot of time.

Wishing the release Date was one month later when I start Christmas holidays.

It's not weird but Paradox evolved into smug and lazy publisher who doesn't care about what's happening at the market.
Would it hurt them so much to release the game a week before or after Dishonored 2? I bet because of the date sales won't go nearly as good as expected.

I'll buy both games, but there is no way I'll play them at the same time so I'll grab the one that has a highest discount first. The second one won't enter the "first week sales" statistics.

EDIT:
Steam link in the news is incomplete, here's the correct one:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/362960/

It's evil! Don't touch it! :p

I'm pretty much waiting on the reviews before deciding to play it. It's a hard sell for me to play an evil character, but I'm keeping an open mind. I do like the imaginative nature of the background thus far.

Wishing the release Date was one month later when I start Christmas holidays.

Well just wait until the Christmas holidays to play then. By that time the game will have been patched a few times and probably be in a better playing state than at launch anyway.

Woah, the Overlord edition's price is a little bit out of proportion

Does seem here a lot faster than I anticipated. Not too interested myself but I hope it's a success in that it allows Obsidian to produce larger and !onger RPGs in the long run.

Surely you can play a good character?!? Working to make the place better within a bad situation?

If not, I just can't play it. I squirm too much at doing "evil" stuff! Just can't enjoy a game like that.

Also, I note the effects look a little bit too overdone! When effects are so great, they loose their specialness / charm. They also overwrite the other graphics. Very flashy, but looks too much. Guess we won't know til release, and reviews.

They have strongly suggested that you can be a "good guy" and maybe even support the rebels to overthrow the overlord. You just can't do so openly as you are working from within.

I'm looking forward to this game. While PoE wasn't perfect, I did enjoy it, and this game appears to be addressing several of the things I didn't like about PoE.

Hmmm I had no idea this was so close.

This is sure to light a fire under them grognards asses. :p
Hope that fairy queen from Codex will write up a review.

Released just in time for everyone to get trained up for living under a real Tyranny after November 8

Back
Top Bottom