Tyranny - Release Date Confirmed

The last good thing Obsidian made was Fallout New Vegas and that was because someone else built the engine. I'm not paying them $50 for anything they built themselves. When it hits $20-25, sure. I thought PoE was atrocious. Alpha Protocol was a nice game with horrible saves. ToEE was a combat engine without a game to support it. Arcanum was a mess, etc. These guys have indie skills with AAA prices.

I do like the way they dream, just not the way they implement. I'll wait for the inevitable 50 patches and DLC.

Since Tyranny gives us 8 days to finish the scenario and we don't know just how long gameday is we will just have to wait and see.

I'll wait for some reviews - I hate timed quests as I tend to explore the world quite thoroughly and slowly. I also expect a fairly complete experience on my first play-through, since I don't replay games quickly. Missing a lot of content - unless I play multiple runs - would make me unhappy This is sounding more like a second tier purchase for me, but will see what reviews say.

The last good thing Obsidian made was Fallout New Vegas and that was because someone else built the engine.
Sorry but I have to disagree. After FO:NV they made a masterpiece called South Park The Stick of Truth and then a superb RPG Eternity known later as "pillars of" although on Kickstarter it was just Eternity.

The last good thing Obsidian made was Fallout New Vegas and that was because someone else built the engine. I'm not paying them $50 for anything they built themselves. When it hits $20-25, sure. I thought PoE was atrocious. Alpha Protocol was a nice game with horrible saves. ToEE was a combat engine without a game to support it. Arcanum was a mess, etc. These guys have indie skills with AAA prices.

I do like the way they dream, just not the way they implement. I'll wait for the inevitable 50 patches and DLC.
It is unfair to blame Obsidian for Troika games...

The last good thing Obsidian made was Fallout New Vegas and that was because someone else built the engine. I'm not paying them $50 for anything they built themselves.

Seriously, no jabs or insults intended, but that's one of the silliest things I've heard in a long, long while.
New Vegas was great despite the Engine (and testing)...everything positive there was of their own making ( not saying the game is without issues in that regard as well).

Seriously, no jabs or insults intended, but that's one of the silliest things I've heard in a long, long while.
New Vegas was great despite the Engine (and testing)…everything positive there was of their own making ( not saying the game is without issues in that regard as well).

Ah yes, but you hate all things Bethesda, so hard to take you seriously when it deals with their stuff. The rest of the time you're okay. FNV is the lowest selling of the 3 modern Fallouts. That is all on Obsidian.

I like Troika/Obsidian, just not as an AAA developer. More like an ego-tripping indie. I've always thought the whole group was over-rated.

Ah yes, but you hate all things Bethesda, so hard to take you seriously when it deals with their stuff. The rest of the time you're okay. FNV is the lowest selling of the 3 modern Fallouts. That is all on Obsidian.

I like Troika/Obsidian, just not as an AAA developer. More like an ego-tripping indie. I've always thought the whole group was over-rated.
Actually F3 sold less than FNV from what I read and got worse reception amongst the players.

But engine is terrible in both games, I could not play FNV or F3 because of that terrible engine. If FNV was made in Fo4 engine that would have been awesome.

Bad analogy is bad
At least it is something you can discuss about. Tautology is no argument, but repeating the same thing until you believe it or get dizzy. Like a cat chasing its own tail.

Actually F3 sold less than FNV from what I read and got worse reception amongst the players.

But engine is terrible in both games, I could not play FNV or F3 because of that terrible engine. If FNV was made in Fo4 engine that would have been awesome.

It is the same engine........

It is the same engine……..
Somethings are same but Fo4 is way way improved version. The gameplay itself is actually fun in Fo4 and it does not look terrible.
Now if Fo4 has FNV level writing it would be awesome game.

FO4 is based on the Creation Engine, that is an heavily improved version of the Gamebryo engine in FO3. Bethesda claims, they rewrote most of the code from Gamebryo.

Back
Top Bottom