Ubisoft - Calls The Division an RPG

Thanks flower I love you too <3

Well, the only thing I could add now to prove that you are the hipster doing whatever, was to ask you something along the lines: which are your favourite authors or books or movies and directors, but that would be horribly pretentious of me, and it would most certainly be embarassing for you, so I will quit now, before I start being a cunt.

Come on mark !

Ask me!

Wanna bet you never heard of them ? Lets take director, I love classic films

Come on mark !

Ask me!

Wanna bet you never heard of them ? Lets take director, I love classic films.

I am asking, go ahead. Star Wars does not count as classic films!

Alright…. he's [considered to be] the second greatest dead Russian director… but no looking!

Again opinions, this is no contest about your movie culture...

Cmon markey…. you can do it… Ill help…. If you take Mihalkov as the greatest living Russian director, and Eisenstein as the greatest Russian director who ever lived, who is the third major figure in then-soviet, now Russian cinematography? But no googley!

Alright…. he's [considered to be] the second greatest dead Russian director… but no looking!

But, hey, let's take your bait, it's Tarkovsky. Though I really doubt he's your favourite director, unless you are russian.

I suggest you read about The Division skill/passives selection before saying Fallout 4 has more options.

Ah you misunderstood. Either that or you think RP games are only about how many skills/perks/etc. you can pick on level up. When I say more options I am speaking generally as far as what I consider options for role playing and developing a character. The game just isn't my style of game. As to whether or not The Division is an RPG - well that depends heavily on ones definition of an RPG which tends to be a vague and hazy thing to define at best.

EDIT: Oh meant to add that is a cool list though for The Division. It it were a bit more my style/setting I might look into it more. And certainly I admit I still prefer how the level up mechanics in older games work; i.e. I prefer Morrowind in that regard to Skyrim. But there is more to a game then just the level up options.

Last edited:
But if it is, you must rethink your gaming tastes man, Tarkovsky and also Eisenstein are bloody damn iconical directors. And you have an awful bad taste in games. I would put you in the Peter Jackson department based only on games.

But, hey, let's take your bait, it's Tarkovsky. Though I really doubt he's your favourite director, unless you are russian.

hahahha that's cute. All jokes aside, I'm not Russian I'm Italian! I'll be generous and give you 2/10 for the show cause you cheated…. you left a time stamp on my profile hahahah

hahahha that's cute. All jokes aside, I'm not Russian I'm Italian! I'll be generous and give you 2/10 for the show cause you cheated…. you left a time stamp on my profile hahahah

Well, that's not really cheating, I just checked if I was right, but I was betting on him from the beginning, based on Stalker.

Oh ok, if you were just checking then it isn't really cheating is it :)

fun fact: you can only like Russian directors if you're Russian. The 101 of movies.

Oh ok, if you were just checking then it isn't really cheating is it :)

Something like that. Aside from Eisenstein it would still be my best bet. Anyway, it just proves that bad taste in games (for europeans) doesn't mean thay don't read and don't watch real cinema. It's just bad taste ;) I thought you were american... Sorry about that!

It's alright…. you learn new things every day… like that Brian Fargo is the Peter Jackson of gaming , or that Todd Halfward is the industry's Eisenstein. :)

It's alright…. you learn new things every day… like that Brian Fargo is the Peter Jackson of gaming , or that Todd Halfward is the industry's Eisenstein. :)

I would never compare game developers with directors, it would always be insulting for the directors. Unless the comparison is being made to Uwe Boll or the Farelly brothers. Or maybe Tarantino.

The more I look at this game, the more interested I get, too. It looks like it could be really good.

Too bad it's Ubisoft. :(

Back
Top Bottom