What games are you playing now?

That being said, and coming back to Stalker, I've kind of had enough jank with Stalker. So I don't think I'm in the mood right now to even try Call of Prypiat.
Clear Sky I'll probably not even continue, since I watched a few reviews and it was mentioned that this one has constant gunplay, unlike the original. That certainly is not what I appreciated most in the original.
I think you might be burning yourself out. Space out your gaming sessions a little more, and try turning the difficulty down a notch.

I used to always play on the hardest difficulty too, because I enjoy the challenge, but then I realized that, with most games, it doesn't actually make the game more challenging in any meaningful way, it just makes it tedious. So now I go with whatever the second-hardest difficulty is and usually find that to be a good balance.

I haven't played Starfield because I'd need a new computer to do that, but from what I saw, it didn't feel jank at all. It's actually more ambitious, so much so that they couldn't quite make it. Space exploration is one of the most demanding type of games because you must make many worlds available, and they mustn't feel empty or copy-pasted. Bethesda isn't the first one failing (if that's what they did, but it sounds like it).
Starfield is definitely their most polished game. I had fun with it, but ran out of steam before the end. I still put 158 hours into it though. I might go back and finish it.

I think it's much better than user-reviews would have people believe, but it's not their best best game for me or even close.

I think you might be burning yourself out. Space out your gaming sessions a little more, and try turning the difficulty down a notch.

I used to always play on the hardest difficulty too, because I enjoy the challenge, but then I realized that, with most games, it doesn't actually make the game more challenging in any meaningful way, it just makes it tedious. So now I go with whatever the second-hardest difficulty is and usually find that to be a good balance.
There's something about Stalker. I'm either masochistic or there's something to it, but I keep wanting to best it. I think I need to run away from my current predicament and just regroup. I kind of sprinted ahead of all my comrades when assaulting the current base. So I think I'm not done with Clear Sky.

Yeah, I lowered the difficulty from Veteran to Stalker (second after the easiest). And even so I got myself into a swamp truck predicament I'm sure I would not have gotten out of otherwise.
The AI is sometimes very impressive. After I cleared some bandits from around a truck in the swamp, I noticed 4 more were en-route to the truck. First I tried sprinting to them, to ambush them from behind a boulder but they had smgs and just tore into me. I then decide to retreat back to the truck where I thought I would pick them out from afar. No chance. While I was busy with two of them, taking pot shots, the other two went around the truck on the other side and flanked me. God damn, some times it's really impressive. Not sure if it's accidental, but it's nice to see.

On the camp assault, seems I had indeed rushed ahead for no reason. I was supposed to wait for 3-4 of my dudes to help in the assault. So, I officially done with the swamp. I can now go to Cordon, and start exploring the areas I walked in SoC. That'll be interesting to see, the areas before they ended as they did.

I finally tested the demo of Swordhaven. Their dialogue style is easily recognizable. ;)

I liked what I saw, especially the fact you could learn skills by watching people doing something.

I've reached level 10 in CP2077. The golden level.
The one where I get my sandevistan, so I can slow-motion my way to their throats with my blade.
And I also get my favorite double jump leg implants. Now I just need my air-dash and I'm truly golden.

Honestly, it's also a lot of fun abusing the ability to block bullets, as long as I have stamina, and even aim them back at their heads. Can't count how many I've taken out that way. That is also extremely abuse-able against the cyberpsychos.
Wish there was a way I could somehow link the bullet blocking with the cooldowns on the sandevistan. That would be amazing.

My one big annoyance with the melee system, is that they didn't integrate chopping heads off while in stealth. You always just strangle them.
I'd would've also appreciated a fall on top of them animation using the blade. The fall-on-them-and-knock-their-head-to-the-ground animation is really getting old.
But apparently, there's one interesting skill I will want to checkout. Apparently you can lunge at enemies, even while in mid-air, and the height difference also plays a role in amplifying damage. That'll be interesting.

After a lot of deaths and retries, I got past Royce. I kind of needed to constantly hide, and only attack him when my slow-time augmentation cooled down.
Also interestingly, since I attacked the Maelstrom turrets upon entering their base and skipped the whole dialogue with Royce and his boys, and just went directly to attacking them all, at the end I was left with the militech datashard with the 10k credits I was supposed to give them. And apparently you can crack the datashard and get to keep the 10k. Nice.

Played a little of Manor Lords, and I have to say it looks solid. And you can also play it without any enemies, just simulating the economic systems.
If the dudes build on it, especially if they actually manage to build a little narrative campaign around it, it has a lot of potential.

Played a little of Manor Lords, and I have to say it looks solid. And you can also play it without any enemies, just simulating the economic systems.
If the dudes build on it, especially if they actually manage to build a little narrative campaign around it, it has a lot of potential.
Oh cool - I saw it and was thinking about grabbing it for my Steam Deck (it is listed currently as 'playable' so good enough)

Back
Top Bottom