What games are you playing now?

Playing Fallout 4 on Survival and loving it.

It's so ridiculously rich - and BIG.

I've just spent an hour trying to get to a quest location - but I keep getting killed on the way there - because I'm not being cautious enough. But, instead of being frustrated - I just sit there with a smile on my face, because I know it's my own fault for being too cocky!

Also, it's pretty unsettling, in a good way, to see the screen light up and realise someone just got hit with a mini-nuke. Just now, I was going about my business - and I saw that flash of light. A few seconds later, I saw a car land right in front of me - and I had to sprint away to survive the explosion - only to get savaged by a bunch of raiders and their dogs a few moments later ;)

Next time, I'll wait for nightfall - and pray my sneaking skills will keep me out of trouble.

Playing Fallout 4 on Survival and loving it.

It's so ridiculously rich - and BIG.

I've just spent an hour trying to get to a quest location - but I keep getting killed on the way there - because I'm not being cautious enough. But, instead of being frustrated - I just sit there with a smile on my face, because I know it's my own fault for being too cocky!

Also, it's pretty unsettling, in a good way, to see the screen light up and realise someone just got hit with a mini-nuke. Just now, I was going about my business - and I saw that flash of light. A few seconds later, I saw a car land right in front of me - and I had to sprint away to survive the explosion - only to get savaged by a bunch of raiders and their dogs a few moments later ;)

Next time, I'll wait for nightfall - and pray my sneaking skills will keep me out of trouble.

After trying this game near release I decided it was terrible and never looked back. However the inclusion of the survival mode intrigues me. Thanks for the post, will go look it up.

After trying this game near release I decided it was terrible and never looked back. However the inclusion of the survival mode intrigues me. Thanks for the post, will go look it up.

I don't know what you found terrible - so I can't say if much has changed.

Like all Bethsoft games, it improves tremendously with the right mods - so there is that.

You MUST play with the big Radio mods, for one ;)

I will look into mods. I played it clean on release. Didn't hit any bugs or anything but overall absolutely nothing grabbed me about it. Most likely my fault for expecting an experience similar to Fallout New Vegas and it didn't come anywhere close.

I will look into mods. I played it clean on release. Didn't hit any bugs or anything but overall absolutely nothing grabbed me about it. Most likely my fault for expecting an experience similar to Fallout New Vegas and it didn't come anywhere close.

Well, I found New Vegas dreary and dull - so I guess I can't help you there :)

Haha! Wow I can't believe we seen that one so different! I admit when you enter the 'New World' expansion it totally stalled me out. But everything else about it I found pretty good.

Haha! Wow I can't believe we seen that one so different! I admit when you enter the 'New World' expansion it totally stalled me out. But everything else about it I found pretty good.

I hated the atmosphere, for one. Also, I was entirely put off by the sloppy execution of world building and the many, many technical issues I had with it. I couldn't move 10 feet without some rock floating above ground - or whatever.

I got that they were trying for a more serious tone, but I guess it just failed with me. That whole Western "sarsaparilla" thing was both overdone and undercooked.

I do think the mechanics and the "Hardcore" mode was superior to Fallout 3, though - but that was easily solved with the right mods.

In terms of the things I most enjoy about Bethsoft games, Fallout 3 was head and shoulders above New Vegas.

Are they done with Fallout 4?
As in is there any more expansions planned or Executive Year End Final Game of the Platinum Edition?

Are they done with Fallout 4?
As in is there any more expansions planned or Executive Year End Final Game of the Platinum Edition?

Well, they're working on a very extensive VR version of it. But, I'm pretty sure they're not working on an expansion or any more DLC for it.

But it's not like I can predict the future :)

BTW, if you're going to play Fallout 4 - be sure to reduce "Shadow Distance" to medium (or tweak it yourself in the .ini file).

If you don't, then Boston can slow to a crawl on most hardware.

I cannot confirm this issue.
However I bought and finished everything only in the vanilla game with only 3 mods installed, none of those three touches graphics.

Started (re)playing Grow Home again, bought it last year and it was such an awesome surprise for me, i was so bored with games at the time and this one was so refreshing. It even got me to buy a 3D Vision set and a projector for the game room because i quickly realized that was how i wanted to experience it, on a 100" screen and in stereoscopic 3D. I've bought the follow up too and will play it after finishing this again (which is going way faster than the first time).

Still enjoying MarioKart on Switch. Many great levels, though missing a few of the old favorites too. one thing we noticed in 2player; if you just leave the controller unused the kart will actually do a decent job of itself, it did fairly well (ended up as position 6).. i've noticed a few times how the game seems to correct me automatically. Not a fan of this "self-playing" part and so rather typical of new games to do this kind of thing to not annoy the young generation who are probably used to this type of derpification in games.

The Fallout 4 free weekend got us. I could still wait a while longer to pick it up
(backlog), but it is a perfect game for my son. He isn't really into questing or character, it's all about open world shooter with crafting for him - without MMO crap. Why does it take up 99.7 GB ?? Even ESO is only 56.

The Fallout 4 free weekend got us. I could still wait a while longer to pick it up
(backlog), but it is a perfect game for my son. He isn't really into questing or character, it's all about open world shooter with crafting for him - without MMO crap. Why does it take up 99.7 GB ?? Even ESO is only 56.

The size is primarily due to the High Res texture pack. The textures are VERY detailed - and quite beautiful - if you ask me.

Well I finished D:OS 2 (act 1) so I think now i'll play dying light.

Dying Light is really good. I'm not much into games that use the GTA paradigm, but that one is an exception. The atmosphere is superb, and the exploration is pretty good as well.

DisastrousPitifulEmu.gif

It's that recent port from consoles that makes you damaged more if your frames per second are set higher than 30.
And should have been titled: Smoke and Mirrors.

btw, the next clip is not a game but from series about games, also smoke and mirrors:
x9ulzcW.gif

It's a gif from Vanquish.

And joxer's gif is from the Chinese anime King's Avatar/Master of Skills.

Back
Top Bottom