What games are you playing now?

Playing Spacebourne 2 and really enjoying it. It's hard to believe one guy put so many ideas in this game. It's still rough but I hope he can finish his vision.

Spaceflight combat, ground combat, raids with npcs you hire on stations, planets, systems, etc. Has a main story and lots of side quests with a lot more to come hopefully.
For 20 bucks I feel I'm really getting more then my money's worth and the developer is dropping updates constantly.

Im enjoying Weird West, 30h in it. Im surprised this game went under the radar at release, it has a ton of good gameplay elements that make it really fun. Its also a bit clunky with the UI management but you can get used to it. You play with 5 chars in 5 different acts, almost finished the 3rd now.
download.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Just started playing the Diablo IV Beta. Level 5 right now with a Druid. I'm enjoying it well enough but not sure how long I'll play for. Elden Ring is calling me to come back.

I have been playing Battletech again after Phantom Brigade got my battle mech itch going.

Such a fun game for me. I enjoy building up Mechs and I find the battles really fun too.
I love the HBS game and wanted to get back into it recently too. But I've played the vanilla game enough, and only really want to play with the 3062 mod or Roguetech at this point, and my computer isn't good enough to run them effectively. So I ended up getting Mechwarrior 5 instead. I miss the control over my lance and tactical combat in general, but the gameplay loop is very, very similar and I've been having fun with it.

I love the HBS game and wanted to get back into it recently too. But I've played the vanilla game enough, and only really want to play with the 3062 mod or Roguetech at this point, and my computer isn't good enough to run them effectively. So I ended up getting Mechwarrior 5 instead. I miss the control over my lance and tactical combat in general, but the gameplay loop is very, very similar and I've been having fun with it.
Yeah, I am playing BTA 3062. They've added many more things to this mod since I last played it. Also, it seems to be running slightly better somehow. I've implemented almost all performance tricks they put on the wiki.

I was thinking of giving Mechwarrior a go, but I am really not a fan of real-time combat anymore. I might give it a go at some point, but it's not a priority for me.
I understand why it would be fun though. A big part of the fun is the mech building part and moving up the mech ranks so to speak.

Currently waiting on last of us on pc, to prebuild shaders. it is insane how long just this is taking. 30% in 10 min now. on the clock.

This is also the first game where if I max out all video optiona it’s explicitly saying it will take more than the 12 gigs of vram my 3080 ti has. It’s kind of insane.

now at 32% of building shaders, just as I started typing this X(

Oh and my card has been at 70C with fans at 70-80% capacity since I started. and nothing ingame has been seen yet :D

edit: the shader compilation is really gonna take more than 30 min? that is insane.

edit2: ok it only took 20 min :D

Last edited:
Im enjoying Weird West, 30h in it. Im surprised this game went under the radar at release, it has a ton of good gameplay elements that make it really fun. Its also a bit clunky with the UI management but you can get used to it. You play with 5 chars in 5 different acts, almost finished the 3rd now.
Have you tried out the First Person mod at all?

Ok, I played it for more than 30 mins, and it seems to be pretty stable. But it's a beast in terms of requirements. I've had to lower some sliders from ultra to high to stay under the 12gigs of vram my card can handle.
But even so it's looking very good. Still not up to what I saw in Part 2, but still very good.

I had one crash and that was, I think, because I ignored the 12 gig vram limit they recommend me to be under. Just making sure I'm under that is making the whole thing a lot more stable, in both framerate and load on the gpu.
But it's still very demanding. And it's obviously not a very optimized game, if my 3080ti can't handle everything at 3840x1600, at a constant 60 fps. I'm usually between 50-60.
Hopefully they can optimize and improve it more, but I'm not holding my breath. It is Iron Galaxy, the studio handling the port. And I'm not sure how and if they managed to improve Uncharted 4.

Have you tried out the First Person mod at all?
Yes but the game is fugly in first person and i had some glitches; imo iso mode was good enough and i really enjoyed the shooting from above. Game was good overall, 30-40h content, definitely worth a buy on sale.

Hm, nevermind. Just had my second crash in Last of us Part 1 on PC. I just skimmed the steam reviews and it seems crashing is what's most frequently reported. Damn, was hoping for at least a stable game.
The framerate has somehow gotten very good, but if it keeps crashing on me it will be annoying. I'll have to look up how Uncharted 4 fared, to see if we can expect any fixes.

Hm, nevermind. Just had my second crash in Last of us Part 1 on PC. I just skimmed the steam reviews and it seems crashing is what's most frequently reported. Damn, was hoping for at least a stable game.
The framerate has somehow gotten very good, but if it keeps crashing on me it will be annoying. I'll have to look up how Uncharted 4 fared, to see if we can expect any fixes.
It's not really encouraging, and the reviews on Steam confirm the performance issues (and as you said, the crashes). Does the high settings include ray tracing, or some other hungry feature?

It's not really encouraging, and the reviews on Steam confirm the performance issues (and as you said, the crashes). Does the high settings include ray tracing, or some other hungry feature?
It's got graphics options up the wazoo. I didn't see anything related to raytracing, but even so the game is absolutely beautiful. Amazing lighting. Great vegetation. And it has solid ultrawide support. It's a sight to see.
If they can at least stabilize the crashes. I've not had a third crash for some time, but it's still very annoying to always have that in the back of the mind, that you might just lose progress to the last checkpoint/save. Especially since I'm playing on harder difficulty.
Otherwise, it's a gorgeous game. Damn shame, and I hope they can iron out at least the crashes. It being a resource hog, I don't think they can fix that.

Ouch...only 36% positive reviews for TLoU right now. I'm sure that will go up significantly though. People always overreact over glitches at release. Most of the negative reviews have less than 2 hours of playtime. I'm definitely still getting it, but I'm glad I didn't preorder.

One of the reviews made me laugh out loud. The person simply wrote "The Crash of Us™ Part I" :)

I am playing TLOU also, though mostly watching a little circle in the centre of the screen. I have a 2070 super. I haven't crashed to desktop, just getting long pauses, long enough to annoy me but not long enough for me to give up. It's been doing something called building shaders for ages. My feet do feel very warm.
In between the pauses, it runs fine, looks OK and the combat fails are me being rubbish, not the game stuttering out on me.
Beginning bit had sad moments in, so hopefully that's the very emotional bits done with. Why is it always Zombie games that make me tearful (Walking Dead, Days Gone)

I've reached Pittsburgh, and have had another 2 or 3 crashes, totaling around 5-6. It's really annoying.
It's also kind of killing my mood for exploration, since if I just slowing explore, as I like to, I do not progress to the next checkpoint and if it crashes in the meantime I have to at least collect everything all over again, since the previous checkpoint.
I'm seriously considering putting it on hold, and seeing if they maybe patch it up. Though I have a sneaking suspicion that this sort of crash is hard/impossible for them to track down in whatever humongous codebase they have, otherwise they would've found and fixed it. Man, such a shame.

Man what a frustrating game. I reached the Hotel Lobby, where Joel needs to get the keycard, power the generator and run from a bunch of stalkers and a bloater.
This was the first encounter where it was easier on the console version. On the console version, somehow, I always managed to run past everything, use the keycard to unlock the door and escape, without killing almost anyone.
I tried the same approach here, and 100% of the time the game would crash if I tried the door (which then changes the game state to allow you to use the keycard; otherwise you can't use the keycard before) with monsters around. I think I tried it 4-5 times, and it would 100% always crash.

So I show managed to kill everything, by kiting that bloater and finally killing it. What a pain in the ass. I almost quit the game then and there. It does worry me about what else am I gonna stumble upon.
What a shitshow of a port of game. I was still very enamoured and refused to let the crashes ruin my experience too much, but it's getting seriously annoying if this keeps up.
And they knew the state of the game, and they launched it like this. I'm getting more and more certain they can't patch this. It's likely they don't know how. Otherwise they would've delayed it more.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom