what was it worth...??????????

Off the top of my head i can only think of DArt and HHR, they made threads before they left though.

It's just me or someone else noticed CouchPotato is MIA ?

It's just me or someone else noticed CouchPotato is MIA ?

A bit early to say, perhaps, his latest post was on september 22.

But the point is relevant. While we easily detect when some of the more profiled watchers leave (and especially if they leave a goodbye thread), others missing may be missed, which is a bit sad.

Nobody noticed that I didn't post at all in 2015.

pibbur who thinks he's lying.

A bit early to say, perhaps, his latest post was on september 22.

Sorry. My bad, then. I must say I don't dare to enter P&R forums so I don't know if the post you're referring to comes from this forum.
I always read the game news and, while I don't closely follow most of them, I always noticed that Couch commented a lot about the news, but then I must have overlooked some of his posts.

Sorry. My bad, then. I must say I don't dare to enter P&R forums so I don't know if the post you're referring to comes from this forum.
I always read the game news and, while I don't closely follow most of them, I always noticed that Couch commented a lot about the news, but then I must have overlooked some of his posts.

The Potato Man posts a lot of great news in my Google+ group.

I haven't been that active lately but it's mainly because I'm not that interested in RPG gaming much right now. I mean, I will always love RPGs, but I haven't played one in a few months and have been spending time doing other hobbies. I still check the various RPG sites and read stuff, etc., but I go in cycles like this. With NBA season upcoming, music making and other things, the RPG itch might not be back for me for several months. But it always comes back. :)

Nobody noticed that I didn't post at all in 2015.

pibbur who thinks he's lying.

FWIW, I for one, would miss your crazy-funny "pibbur who" lines so you're not allowed to leave. EVER. :biggrin:

DTE left? FFS..
Is ANYONE from the old (pre2010) P&R posters still active? Jemy, Prime, Sam, DArt, Mike, BN and everyone but Corwin (who's ironically too Zen) has jumped ship.

I think I was just bored the other night .... There really hasn't been any back and forth..

Maybe just a lack of new games anyone is really interested.

Plenty of games being released...

And if you have the opinion that not much has been released recently then that likely shows a greater symptom with this community than any other point anyone cares to make.

It's been what, a couple of weeks since Deus Ex was released? Avadon 3 a couple of days ago? And already you're lamenting a 'quiet spell'? Like you need a triple A big-brand RPG to be released every month or you deteriorate into 'bored' forum nonsense? I know it's a well worn cliche that doesn't mean anything any more... but... are you... like... 10 years old?

Plenty of games being released…

And if you have the opinion that not much has been released recently then that likely shows a greater symptom with this community than any other point anyone cares to make.

It's been what, a couple of weeks since Deus Ex was released? Avadon 3 a couple of days ago? And already you're lamenting a 'quiet spell'? Like you need a triple A big-brand RPG to be released every month or you deteriorate into 'bored' forum nonsense? I know it's a well worn cliche that doesn't mean anything any more… but… are you… like… 10 years old?

No need to be antagonistic lackblogger. :(

Statistical analysis of the data shows the following:
Posts.jpg
In the 2016 data I removed the weeks that we lost (which were all 0).
The posts column indicates the average number of posts per week and the posters column the average number of unique posters making those posts per week
Excluding the first year (we only have 11 weeks of relevant data), the averages over all years are:
- 1158 posts per week
- 165 active posters per week

For this year , we are close to the all time yearly average.
As far as number of posts per week goes, this year is in fourth place.
As far as the number of unique active posters go, 2016 is in 6th place.

Statistical analysis of the data shows the following:
View attachment 2832
In the 2016 data I removed the weeks that we lost (which were all 0).
The posts column indicates the average number of posts per week and the posters column the average number of unique posters making those posts per week
Excluding the first year (we only have 11 weeks of relevant data), the averages over all years are:
- 1158 posts per week
- 165 active posters per week

For this year , we are close to the all time yearly average.
As far as number of posts per week goes, this year is in fourth place.
As far as the number of unique active posters go, 2016 is in 6th place.

Well done, Myrthos.

I am a firm believer of statistics instead of guess argumenting, would it be possible to get those stats before and after that TOS change? this would give us a clear picture of what impact it had or didn't have.....

A chart with the number of posts per week for this and the previous 3 years.
This year has a gap for the weeks we lost and the incomplete week before and after that.
Posts2013-2016.jpg
Week 11 was the first week when the new TOS was in place.

And the chart for the unique number of posters in the same period and with the same disclaimers.
posters2013-2016.jpg

I don't see any seasonal influences, so my guess is that it is more related to releases, but I'll leave it to others to map this out.
From memory I know that the number of posts and posters before we went dark was increasing again above what we had before week 11, but that proof has been lost.

Anyway, 2016 will not be the best of years, that is 2015, but it is also not the worst of years in the history of RPGWatch.

And finally here is the unique vistors chart for 2016. It is only up to July, as I just noticed that I accidentally disabled gathering of analytics on the main site near the end of July.
The TOS change was in March.

visitors.jpg

Eh, how about that restructure Myrthos? Seriously, that's the biggest issue..lot of topics that should go in related subforums end up buried under News section.

DTE left? FFS..
Is ANYONE from the old (pre2010) P&R posters still active? Jemy, Prime, Sam, DArt, Mike, BN and everyone but Corwin (who's ironically too Zen) has jumped ship.

I'm here. Still waiting for you to restart the pnp forum RPG ...

Back
Top Bottom