Why I Am Quitting MMORPGs & Playing Single-Player Forever

I played World of Warcraft the most.

I had a look at Space Rangers 2, but it looks alot like a blend between ELITE and StarCraft. Are there any RPG in it at all?

I guess you are thinking Starcraft because of the real time missions, but one of many great features of the game is, you are not forced to do the most stuff, so if you don't like the real time battles, skip'em, if you find the text adventuring too hard, skip it.
RPG ? Yes, you are gaining xp usable for 6 skills like leadership (get more wingmen)
or maintenance (cheaper ship repairs) or higher weapon efficiency...

maybe you should try "Warhammer: Mark of Chaos" its a quite cool game but it could use like a ton of new maps. hopefully a mapeditor will be released soon.

oops, EDIT ---

Okey today someone at GDC (game developers conference) asked someone else about Darkfall and they said Darkfall is very likely not coming out this year 2008 and is most very likely coming out in 2009. This information is pretty reliable.

GOD DAMNIT !!!

I have waited SEVEN YEARS for a damned Darkfall game to play and the freaken game doesnt come out for another year and a half, PISSES ME OFF. And I dont even know if its a good freaken game or not? They only hired 30-40 developers on it, why cant they hire more to get it done? WHAT THE HELL! THIS IS THE LAST STRAW.

I am FINISHED with MMOs, good riddance. DAMNIT.

I have been waiting TOO LONG for Darkfall. Seven years is TOO LONG playing other MMOs waiting for an MMO that might or might not be decent. SCREW IT! IM GONNA PLAY SINGLE PLAYER !!! I miss out on so many good games just waiting for one damn game that 1) might be cancelled, 2) developers dont care about community and they hardly ever give us information about the actual game, 3) probably will NEVER be the game I want it to be because of all the damn years of waiting in high expectation for my dream game always with the uncertainty of disappointment.

ITS NOT WORTH IT! TO HELL WITH IT!

IM PLAYING SINGLE PLAYER AND YOU CANT STOP ME !!!

:)

Last edited:
Maybe you slightly misunderstood the "don´t tell anybody" part. ;) Don´t you think you should phrase it in a way that it´s not so easy for an informed party to identify the source?

Last edited:
Oh crap! Thanks Gorath, I editted it.

Gorath, maybe you should edit your post now, too ?

Why? I´m not revealing anything. ;)

Well, I thought about a tiny word ...

Last edited:
I feel for you Ammon ... this long roller-coaster ride isn't a great time ...

Okey today someone at GDC (game developers conference) asked someone else about Darkfall and they said Darkfall is very likely not coming out this year 2008 and is most very likely coming out in 2009. This information is pretty reliable.
:)

Well now theres a supprize lolz. I still consider myself an idiot for waiting for shadowbane. What a fool I was.

I play each mmog for only 1-2 months now and it works just fine. I dont see why anyone should play a single game for years on. I sure dont. Any game will get boring if you play it that much.

I dont see why anyone should play a single game for years on. I sure dont. Any game will get boring if you play it that much.

I just gave Gothic 2 + NotR another run, so you have at least one person that plays games for more then 1 year. When I buy a game, it's usualy the intention to finish the game more then one time. I have never finished oblivion, but I finished the BfME 1 and 2 about 4 times each (I do mean the whole game).

I just gave Gothic 2 + NotR another run, so you have at least one person that plays games for more then 1 year. When I buy a game, it's usualy the intention to finish the game more then one time. I have never finished oblivion, but I finished the BfME 1 and 2 about 4 times each (I do mean the whole game).

There is a definite difference between finishing a game repeated times and playing *one* game to the exclusion of all else for dozens of hours a week for years.

Ok so just TODAY there was a video released for Darkfall Online. Thats freaking stupid coincidence that the first day after I give up on Darkfall, they release a nice video.

HOWEVER, I have been playing some single-player games last night, I had the time of my life. It was actually fun as hell. I also bookmarked 200 upcoming purchases / releases, almost 200 freaken cool games that are single-player.

So even though Darkfall might come out after all, and even though they had a nice video come out today, I have decided once and for all that I would rather play many, many cool games for months and enjoy my time in them, than to play very few cool MMO games for years. Therefore I really am finished with MMOs.

Its all about having different experiences. Previous to yesterday I was playing 2 games: EVE Online and World of Warcraft. I had been playing those two games for MONTHS... No wait, I have actually played WoW (and little else) for almost THREE YEARS now. And actually I was having days that I enjoyed it, and other days it was getting old, drab, boring, and I would just drive myself to do it hoping to get to the part where it would be fun (namely, the PvP endgame).

Now I am playing Titan Quest, Oblivion, X3 Reunion 3.0, Galactic Civilizations 2, GTA San Andreas, Children of the Nile, Boiling Point ----- ALL varied, different and FUN AWESOME experiences! And I am just getting started! I have 150 dollars available each and every month to buy single-player games.

So even though a momentous thing happened today: Darkfall released their 2nd video (which is indeed a very nice video, the graphics have improved remarkably) -- even though that happened, I was not deterred this time, I am staying single-player forever. I think my MMO days are over. I only had 1 friend in World of Warcraft and usually I didnt even wanna talk to him. Other players are nice to have around so I dont feel lonely, and they are nice to kill in PvP.... Yes, however, I could just as well play Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare and have fun killing people, without the monthly fee and drudgery forever stuck in 1 game trying to get good enough gear to kill you with.

No thanks. Single-player is my new life now. Goodbye MMO. You are all the same.

Oh and I dont mean to abandon online games. I am intending to play Call of Duty 4 online, and I will play Battlefield 2142 online... but everyone knows those are no the same thing as MMOs... Thanks for reading.

I believe that we've had this exact conversation before, my friend.

Never say ne'er. Unless you're feeling poetic ='.'=

I know. However, once I get a few RPGs that feel similar to MMO play (action RPGs or any 3-d RPG), I will be single-player for good. And unlike MMOs, single-player RPGs actually have ADVENTURE !!!

Back
Top Bottom