Yo-ho-ho and a bottle of rum!

Corwin

On The Razorblade of Life
Staff Member
Jedi Drinking Song (clickme to listen) (from thebards.net)

:sing: I had one pint of beer, and one shot of scotch, :sing:
I had one bottle of wine, and bourbon on the rocks
I had one lassie on me right, another on the left,
I looked that puppet in the eye and said give me the test

:ahoy: :clap: :boogie:

Actually, in Australia, VB is a popular brand of Beer!! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually, I think it's an inferior beer, though not as bad as anything with Gold in its title!! Perhaps we need a thread discussing beer!! :)

why bother? belgian beer is the best Cristal and Jupiler

This one also passed at the NFG and I will respond in the same manner. Brittish people don't know how to brew beer so they get you some dirty dishwater instead. The most different kinds(and I mean a real difference and not some other kind of pils) of beer you will still find in Belgium. The US is a very good second and will take over if they haven't already. This due to the fact that many family brewers closed sadly enough. A compagny needs to make a profit, but in most cases it was rather not enough profit then no profit.

Sorry, but American beer is the second WORST in the world, after Italian and I've drunk beer all over Europe, North America, and Australia!! :) Austrian is the best, followed very closely by most German beers. Belgian was a cut above French, but the last lot I had was quite mediocre. We get a great deal of imported beer here, and I've tried a lot of it as well. I find the Dutch beer very enjoyable too!! :)

Corwin there are 150 different kinds of beer in Belgium and I'm talking about a real difference. And yeah I know Fosters and 'Bitte ein Bit'. It's not because you've tasted one beer that you got them all, neither in Belgium, nor in the USA.
Your last sentence says it all -> If you like that Heineken pee, well, you can't possibly know what beer is. If you mean there's another Dutch beer you've tasted and liked, it can be ok. The problem with the Belgian beer is that we're not nearly as good as our neighbours at marketing.

also a joke (it's a translated one):

A 60y old woman stands just before bedtime in front of the mirror. She sees many rimples and weak skin, her breasts practicly on her belly and that she has a huge ass. She turns around to her husband and speaks: "I'm feeling very old. Please say something positive about me, so I'll feel better."
The husband looks at her and thinks for a few seconds. Then he answers: "Your eyesight is still very good!"

My favorite Belgian Gueuze is Morte Subite. Fine stuff. Delirium Tremens is a nice brew, too. I also like Singha, this Thai beer is one of my more recent favorites. My favorite British bitter used to be Bombardier, my favorite American beer Miller's, but hey... you can drink both like water, without any effect whatsoever, great when it's sunny. The beer I drink most of the time is, of course, our local Karlsberg Urpils. And if there's a beer I can't stand at all, then that's Guinness.

Joke:
Patient: "Doctor, I have diarrhoea. Can I take a bath with this?"
Doctor: "If it's enough to fill a tub..."

Stella is awfull
the best belgian normal beers are Jupiler and Cristal
I know I live there ;)

stella artois is just afwfull beer, I rather drink primus than stella

You amateurs should leave the discussion about good beer to people from Germany or the Czech Republic. :mwahaha: :gorath: :greengrin:

You amateurs should leave the discussion about good beer to people from Germany or the Czech Republic. :mwahaha: :gorath: :greengrin:

Agree with Gorath. Belgian beer = horse piss with sugar :biggrin: .

then you have never tasted jupiler or cristal, Have you?

I just can't get the thought out of my mind that you prefer lesser known beers because the others are more mediatised (sp?), so you're supporting the underdog and loudly mocking the alpha wolf, regardless of the actual quality of the beer... Sorry if I offended anyone in any way. :)

Why, do they leave out the sugar!! :biggrin:

I just can't get the thought out of my mind that you prefer lesser known beers because the others are more mediatised (sp?), so you're supporting the underdog and loudly mocking the alpha wolf, regardless of the actual quality of the beer... Sorry if I offended anyone in any way. :)

Nope Khass, Jupiler, is the alpha wolf of inbev. Our soccer competition is called Jupiler league. Stella is in this case the smaler one, though you're correct when you say that Heineken is the real alpha wolf. The beers that Jaz mentioned are the more stronger beers (higher level of alcohol). These are the beers you can enjoy, pils (jupiler, cristal, bitt, Karlsberg,) are the beers you drink either to go out on or when you're thirsty.

Btw, Pils comes from Pilzen, a town in Czechia. So a large part of the credit for beer should go to that country too.

I drank one glass of beer in my whole life and I didn't like it. :kitty:

Back
Top Bottom