My Time At Portia - All News
Sunday - May 05, 2019
My Time At Portia - Video Review @ Indie-Credible
Indie-Credible checked out My Time At Portia:
REVIEW / My Time At Portialoading...
Join Lewis as he shares his opinion on Pathea Games and Team 17's new life adventure game sim My Time At Portia, available now on PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch and PC.
Wednesday - April 24, 2019
My Time At Portia - Review @ Wccftech
Wccftech checked out My Time At Portia:
My Time at Portia Review – Don’t Make Me Leave
The setting of My Time at Portia really surprised me. While I was expecting another delightfully colourful and relaxing game like Stardew Valley, I wasn’t expecting to see the ruins of skyscrapers looming over the horizon. My Time at Portia is a lovely game that feels capable of competing even with the titans of the genre.
If I had to try and find a comparison for My Time at Portia, I would probably say that it was the unlikely lovechild of Stardew Valley and Horizon: Zero Dawn. There was an apocalypse in this world, but what remains is a pleasant and peaceful existence in the shadows of the ruins. I’ve got to say it wasn’t a setting that I thought would work when so much media is dedicated to showing us how bad the world would look after we’ve gone, but My Time at Portia’s simple lifestyle simulation and hopeful message almost immediately won me over.
My Time at Portia is a beautiful, relaxing experience. With the charming art style and plenty of activities to go through, players will easily lose themselves in the game's pleasant setting for hours and hours.
- Looks amazing
- Feels delightfully charming
- Something for everyone
- So much to do and see
- Bugs of every shape and size occasionally burrow up
- Some farming products are almost completely pointless
- Timed assignments can add stress to this most unstressful of games
Tuesday - January 15, 2019
My Time At Portia - Released
The open world RPG My Time At Portia has been released:
My Time At Portia
Start a new life in the enchanting town of Portia! Restore your Pa's neglected workshop to its former glory, grow crops, raise animals, befriend the towns quirky inhabitants and uncover the mysteries this charming post-apocalyptic land has forgotten!
Armed with your Pa's workshop handbook and old workbench, you must gather, mine and craft your way to being crowned the number one workshop in the whole of Portia. Be prepared though…it won't be easy!
Inspired by the magic of Studio Ghibli, My Time at Portia whisks you away to a world of wonder that you won't forget. How will you spend your time at Portia?
The town of Portia is full of unique characters for you to get to know. They will go to school, do their jobs, workout, and have fun. They also have unique stories for the player to experience. The player will be able to get into relationships with other townsfolk; whether they are looking for friendships, romances or even marriage.
Each player is free to make their own mark on Portia and immerse themselves in a warm, welcoming little town full of experiences.
BUILD YOUR WORKSHOP: Build your Pa's derelict workshop into the best in Portia! Gather resources and craft your way into the hearts of the local community, as you work through daily commissions and villager requests.
RUN YOUR OWN FARM: Grow and nurture your own crops, as you convert the empty woodland surrounding your home into a quaint little farm! My Time at Portia offers an innovative approach to farming, allowing you to take advantage of planter boxes and semi-automatic irrigation systems.
GET CREATIVE: Make your house a home! Apply your personal touch with an exciting range of craftable furniture, decorations and room upgrades!
JOIN THE COMMUNITY: Become a part of Portia's extraordinary community! Filled with a vibrant cast of unforgettable faces all with exciting stories to share, energetic personalities and individual behaviors. Make sure you take the time to get to know them all - who knows, maybe romance could be in the air?
EXPLORE AND BATTLE: Delve deep into the ancient ruins and dungeons of Portia. Mine for resources and uncover what lurks beneath the seemingly peaceful land. It’s dangerous to go unprepared… Make sure you're equipped to face fearsome monsters and deadly bosses that stand between you and the secrets of Portia.
SKILL UP: Level up your character with a variety of skills to aid you in your adventures, in true RPG fashion!
AND THEN THE REST: Portia is an enriching and vivid experience, jam-packed with activities for your enjoyment! How will you spend your time? Fancy trying your hand at cooking? You could challenge your new friends to Rock-Paper-Scissors, or for the more daring how about a little bit of sparring? Take your pick! There's also tonnes of mini-games, animal riding, and festivals to enjoy. Or maybe you just want to kick-back and spend the afternoon fishing? Its up to you how you spend your time at Portia!
Sunday - January 13, 2019
My Time At Portia - Release Date Trailer
My Time At Portia is soon to leave Early Access with a January 15th release date for Steam.
My Time At Portia is a whimsical life-sim crafting RPG from China based indie developers Pathea Games. Start a new life and help rebuild the enchanting town of Portia from your newly inherited workshop. You’ll be able to craft and build, mine for materials and relics, farm crops and keep livestock, loot dungeons and fight monsters, and even go on dates, build relationships and get married!
If you’d like to know more about what you can get up to in My Time At Portia since it launched into early access, check out our ’10 things to do’ post, here or download the free demo on Steam today!
The full release of My Time At Portia will be available for PC on Steam and the Epic Games store, priced at £24.99 / $29.99 / €29.99, and will contain brand new content!
Tuesday - April 03, 2018
My Time At Portia - Content Update
My Time At Portia has received a fairly substantial content update that has added a musuem, animals, desert area and more.
LIVESTOCK UPDATE OUT NOW! Animals, museum, desert area and more!
The end of the month is here and that means only one thing… New content for My Time At Portia!
The developers at Pathea have been working extra hard to get this content to you in time so that you all have something extra to play over the Easter break and have even included some extra features that weren’t even planned for this update!
Check out some of the biggest additions here or scroll down for the full change list!LIVESTOCK & HORSE RIDING!
From today onwards you’ll be able to keep and look after your own animals, including sheep, chicken, ducks and cows! Look after them well and they’ll reward you with milk and eggs, and you’ll even be able to breed them! What’s more, we’ve also added horse riding to the game! Head to MacDonald’s farm and you’ll be able to enjoy a horse ride alone or with that special someone if you’ve been lucky enough to find a romantic partner.
Portia’s brand-new museum is nearly open for business! Starting with this update, there’s a new story mission to help build the museum. Once you’ve done that, you can then start adding your donations!
Any relics you’ve discovered can be donated here, to be displayed for future Portian generations to enjoy, and you’ll even get paid for your trouble!
The Portia Museum also believes in credit where it’s due, so if you’re the first resident to donate an item then your name will be listed as the donator when checking the relics at the Museum.
What wonders will you add to the exhibitions? Make sure to share your screenshots with us on Steam and on social media so we can see what you’ve found!
A NEW DUNGEON IN THE DESERT
Head out to Portia’s new desert area and you’ll find lots of new gameplay to discover. There’s a brand new dungeon to explore, with enemies to fight and relics to be found, as well as several new crafting quests!
We’ve made a few improvements to the relationship system in this update, including the option to kiss or hug your significant other anywhere in Portia.
We’ve also added a new mini-game based around star gazing. Look to the skies at night and you and your partner can draw constellations among the stars and enjoy the romantic moment.FULL CHANGE LIST
As well as the above features, the new update includes a host of other additions and improvements…
- Desert story mission
- Windbreak mission
- Museum building mission
- Four kinds of animals which can be raised on your farm
- Horse riding has been added. You can rent a horse in this update. The ability to keep, raise and ride your own horses will be added in a later update.
- New machines: recycling machine and recovery machine
- New dating feature: Chatting in the meadow
- New dating feature: Stargazing
- New mini game: Snowball fight
- New interactions: Hug and kiss
- Cat bed for Pinky
- The Museum: Assembled relics can be displayed in the museum, and relic pieces can be exchanged here
Wednesday - February 14, 2018
My Time At Portia - Winter Festival Part 1
New content has arrived for My Time At Portia called 'The Winter Festival'.
New Content Available Now - Winter Festival Part 1Greetings, Portians!
Just last week we teased the first content update for My Time At Portia, dubbed the Winter Festival update, with a release date of early March. Surprise! We’re actually releasing some of this update today!
The new update is available right now, and brings a lot of new content, adjustments and fixes to the game. Bear in mind that this is not the full Winter Festival update. There’s lots more to come in March!
So, what will you be able to experience in My Time At Portia starting today? Check the full patch notes below!
- Six new missions.
- The first Winter Solstice mini-game - Hotpot!
- New house decoration items.
- Wallpapers and floorings now available in the A & G Construction store.
- Players may now change the wallpaper and flooring of their house.
- A new story quest to use Ack as a helper around the workshop.
- One additional hairstyle for both male and female characters.
- A recovery machine in the Research Centre to recover relics by using data discs.
- New character! Siwa, and his house in the desert.
- New toy! The Bubble Wand.Other additions
- Added level 20 equipment models.
- Added the ability for players to get a discount on acupuncture when you have high relationship points with Phyllis.
- Added the ability for players to get a discount in store when you have high relationship points with Gust.
- Added the ability for players to increase critical damage values when you have high relationship points with Arlo.
- Added an in-game guide that is triggered the first time players find relic pieces.
- Added the ability to add more than one piece of raw material into the fire powered generator at the same time.
- Added the ability to interact with Mint, who will leave after the player fixes the bridge. He will be back, though!
- Added feedback from the dummy when Arlo takes the fighting exercise with him.
- Added one additional background music track in Hazardous Ruins.
- Added the ability for players to use consumable items in the shortcut bar by pressing the numeric keys.
- Added the Holiday Guide.
- Added a DeeDee stop near the Portia Bridge.
- Ability to interact with the slot machines using a controller.
- Added Chinese voice acting for Remington.Adjustments
- Adjusted the drop rate of relic pieces.
- Adjusted the reaction of NPCs after interacting with them (they'll pause before they turn to leave).
- Optimised attack animations
- An overloaded fire powered generator will no longer power off, but reduce the production speed instead.
- Concealed NPC name and all mission-related icons when they're sleeping.
- Changed the walking path of Emily when she has items that she helped collect; she will wander around in front of the house.
- Changed the frequency of NPCs who travel to Portia town.
- Changed the available time period for Day of the Bright Sun to 10 AM - 2 PM.
- Players can now date or otherwise interact with Ginger near her house.
- Removed all Madcrabs around the rest stop.
- Adjusted the damage output of the Rat King’s continuous attack.
- Adjusted the distance of Chemical Dropout’s continuous attack.
- The desert will now be uncovered after building the bridge.
- Adjusted McDonald’s attack.
- Adjusted how relationship points are calculated when gifting items during festivals and birthdays.
- The game will now properly check the ability to create a save file upon starting a new game.
- Adjusted the visible border of the Abandoned Ruins.
- Befriended NPCs will now attend wedding ceremonies.
- Adjusted rain visuals for low end hardware configurations.
- The player’s headwear (if equipped) will automatically be hidden when getting a haircut at the Barber shop.Fixes
As always, should you encounter any issues, please report these in our Report a Problem forum, and for any general discussions, head on over to the discussions forum. Be sure to join the conversation on Discord[discordapp.com], Twitter or Facebook as well.
- Players can no longer be killed by enemies during conversations.
- Fish should no longer starve to death when fed properly.
- Fixed the crash caused by the ‘The Bassanio Lift’ mission.
- Fixed the conversation error with Addit after the ‘Saving the Tree Farm’ mission.
- Fixed an issue related to the ‘Bassanio Lift’ mission.
- Fixed an issue where followers would be pulled into sparring.
- Fixed some bugs related to the Day of Bright Sun.
- Fixed a potential issue when the player is holding three newly caught fish.
- Fixed an issue where players were unable to properly move around the
- Barber Shop.
- Fixed textures in Hazardous Ruins level 4 rooms.
- Fixed issues relating to Hazardous Ruins.
- Fixed an issue that could occur when meeting a new NPC for the first time.
- Fixed an issue that could occur when entering the Abandoned Ruins.
- Fixed an issue that could prevent loading of save files.
- Fixed an issue that might prevent players from initiating the fishing mini-game.
- Fixed an issue with the display of grass.
- Fixed issues with certain trees around Dr. Xu’s clinic.
- Fixed an issue related to the Portia Bridge mission.
- Fixed an issue related to fishing thread toughness skill not functioning properly.
- Fixed an issue related to written letters appearing incorrectly.
We want to thank you for your continued support for My Time At Portia, and can’t wait to hear what you think of the update!
Tuesday - January 23, 2018
My Time At Portia - Early Access Release
My Time At Portia has been released onto Steam Early Access.
My Time At Portia - Available Now On Steam Early Access
It’s here, My Time At Portia is now available on Steam Early Access!
We’re incredibly excited for you all to begin your adventures in Portia, and wanted to share a little more info on what you can expect to see in the game…
Crafting: From machines, to furniture, to clothing – gather materials to craft a range of items, and prove your building skills by taking on commissions from the town’s Commerce Guild.
Farming, fishing and cooking: Expand your workshop and cultivate your crops, or land that big catch and cook up a tasty meal.
Relationships: Make new friends and fall in love. Maintain your relationships to avoid jealousy and break-ups.
Explore the Land of Portia: Explore all the locations throughout Portia. Will you wander the desert or seek out the Highlands?
Character Customisation: Create your builder. Choose from a variety of faces, hairstyles, and features.
Battle: Explore abandoned ruins and dungeons, and build your skills to take on even the meanest of foes.
And much more: Whilst the game is in Early Access, we’ll be adding tons more content with regular updates, including:
• New story missions, including the Marriage Life storyline!
• New locations, including ruins, dungeons, and shops!
• New items - including projectile weapons
• New buildings
• New features – keep, raise and ride animals, photo mode and birthday parties!
• New mini games and pub games!
• New seasonal events!
We want to hear from you!
We’d like to hear your thoughts. Join the chat and tell us about your experiences in Portia.
Join the Team17 Discord[discord.gg]
Join the My Time at Portia Discord[discord.gg]
Launch Day Activities
To celebrate today’s launch into Early Access, we’ll be hosting a launch day livestream, where we’ll be playing My Time At Portia for an hour, and answering any questions you might have about the game.
Join us on the official Facebook page from 8:30pm GMT/12:30pm PST
Follow the game on Steam and keep up to date with the latest news and updates.
You can also…
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Join us on Reddit
For the full Alpha 4.00 patch notes, go here.
Monday - July 03, 2017
My Time at Portia - Simulation RPG Game
My Time at Portia is a Simulation RPG game in the vein of Stardew Valley. Download the demo here.
This is the trailer for My Time At Portia's first alpha build release. The build can be downloaded on our website at http://portia.pathea.net. My Time At Portia is a simulation RPG game that takes place in a world far into the future where humans are few and relics are everywhere. The player receives a broken down workshop and goes from there. Enjoy!
Information aboutMy Time At Portia
Developer: Pathea Games
Play-time: 20-40 hours
Regions & platforms
· Platform: PC
· Released: 2019-01-15
· Publisher: Team17