Pantheon - Crowd MMO Development
Visionary Realms released a new press release that talks about a new version of crowd-funding they are using after the failed Kickstarter for Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen.
Crowd MMO Development - A New Way to Make Games
Crowdsourcing turns to crowdfunding. And now crowdfunding becomes crowd-developing. Visionary Realms is taking a new look at how games are designed and developed from the ground up by deeply involving the community.
Funding for Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen, a classic take on epic MMO adventure, is taking place on VR's website at PantheonRotF.com but the team is taking things a big step further by involving the community in the very design and development of the game.
Through the website, the community is able to:
- Build a wiki for the game
- Participate in design discussions with the developers through the forums and chat channel
- Present and vote on ideas through a Think Tank
- Create their own guilds and recruit members
- Write their own blogs
- Participate in weekly roundtable discussions with the developers
And a whole lot more! Visionary Realms is taking ideas directly from the feedback and suggestions the community has been offering and working those ideas and concepts directly into the game.
Release: In development