Divinity: Original Sin II - Kickstarter Starts Aug 26th

I don't typically show support to a business by voluntarily paying them several times more than the going rate for their products.

No, I understand that. Not sure how pledging extra has to mean several times more than the going rate, but whatever.

I'm just trying to point out that there could be a point in doing exactly that.

Obviously, you don't think the game is worth that level of support and that's cool.

I was just curious.

Personally, I think D:OS is worthy of several times the price of an average game - and I wish I'd known that when it was pitched.

It has certainly created enough good will in me to support the sequel with more than just a basic pledge.

That said, I don't really care about money as much as I care about great games. I'd gladly pay ten times the price for a truly great game and stop wasting money on so many mediocre titles - but that's not how the market works.

No doubt. But the game can, and probably will, be a great success as loads of people just buy the game at a standard price. I can see the argument for 'pledging' to a game that probably couldn't be made without achieving their funding total, I'm just a bit more skeptical when studio is in a position to invest in their own project.

I don't think it will become a "great" success unless people are willing to support it. I hope that enough people will, though, and that your support won't be needed.

I don't know what you mean by the studio being in a position to invest in their own project?

I'm a very sceptical person myself, but once a developer has been proven - it takes a misstep for me to get back to my scepticism.

Truly great games are so very rare in my experience, and I think it makes a whole lot of sense to support them with extra funding when they're finally within reach.

I gave a ton to the first game, so I'm going cheap this time. Somebody else can step up :)

Was so happy when I got the email from Larian about this!
Great game and awesome company so insta pledge. Just hope they won't be done with the game anytime soon so I have time to fully explore the enhanced edition without stress.

I will back it but not for the $300 I did for the first one. I only played a couple hours of the first one and now I'm waiting for the Enhanced edition. I wouldn't play the second one right away either as I would be waiting for the inevitable enhanced edition.

2 concerns of mine. First I assume it will have the same silliness as the first game? Such as turning in to a rock or whatever it was for sneaking. I really don't care for that kind of thing but I could tolerate it if the rest of the game is worth it.

Second, they didn't complete all their stretch goals that they took money for. I understand that they did above and beyond in other areas that they thought were more important. That's fine I guess, unless the stretch goal they decide to axe in favor of something else is something your really looking forward to.

Now I didn't really care about day, night cycles but had I, I would have felt a bit cheated on my $300 pledge.

So I'll probably still pledge at a low tier but I'm not as hung ho as I was for the first one.

I'm excited to see what new elements are planned. I hope it isn't just minor tweaks and basically the same game as the first one, but like, cool new features and major additions and graphic enhancements. I will be pledging for sure though, Larian is a great rpg company.

For those who are like me (I noticed a comment up above basically saying this) and want a less silly and more serious and darker world for Divinity 2, vote for this option:

Darker and more brutal world with black humor, violence and psychological thriller story

I voted for it, and it is on the second page of the voting options so far. Need to get more votes for it, and push it to the front page!

Last edited:
Couch and Internet co-op for up to 4 players and D:OS2 knocks it out of the park as a true Diablo 3 contender... and we all get to live happily ever after.. especially Sven.
Is it that much to ask? Can they even provide interactions across the 4 PCs and NPCs?... please... pretty please...

How can it be a diablo 3 contender when it is turn based and the other an action rpg....I mean they are totally different games here...

I will back this, but note the first one was mostly complete when they kickstarted it last time....the kickstarter just added to the game.

D:Os was for me the best kickstarter i supported and one of the best rpg ive played - i will insta pledge - expecting Larians " RPG that will dwarf em all"

2nd that! Larian and CDPR are my two favorite studios. I try to support them as much as possible.

I'm excited to see what new elements are planned. I hope it isn't just minor tweaks and basically the same game as the first one, but like, cool new features and major additions and graphic enhancements. I will be pledging for sure though, Larian is a great rpg company.

For those who are like me (I noticed a comment up above basically saying this) and want a less silly and more serious and darker world for Divinity 2, vote for this option:

Swen said this would be like how Baldur's Gate II was to Baldur's Gate. That is an encouraging statement!

4 player coop is getting way more votes than deeper roleplaying options. *dies*

Yes, it's really weird that people prefer to play together as friends, instead of roleplaying alone ;)

I guess it's alright then that people want to play an RPG with 4 people but don't care how much of an RPG it is :p

Back
Top Bottom