Divinity: Original Sin II - Kickstarter Starts Aug 26th

The first one was the only one of the big kickstarter RPGs (SR, WL2, PoE, D:OS) that impressed me, so I will back this one on a relatively high tier.

Also is there going to be RPGWatch fund like last time?

Wonderful news indeed, I was starting to be afraid D:OS-EE was the only news from Larian until next year. And for the few people who commented on a different game, remember they are already working on 2 different projects. Given the success, D:OS 2 was a given.

I'm keen to see the game, but I struggle to justify pledging to a game that is virtually guaranteed to be made. I wouldn't mind doing a basic pledge, essentially just a preorder, but I don't really see the point in giving them extra money at this stage.

I'm keen to see the game, but I struggle to justify pledging to a game that is virtually guaranteed to be made. I wouldn't mind doing a basic pledge, essentially just a preorder, but I don't really see the point in giving them extra money at this stage.

You mean the point beyond showing your support and contributing to a game that you're keen on playing? :)

The greater the success of the campaign, the more features we can expect to see, and the more likely another sequel is going to be.

Also in. I love their attitude.

I really want a Divinity: Original World Idea.

But hey OS2 will probably be another good RPG.

Backed

...because people LOVE those. I mean, Arcanum sold a billion copies, so did Planescape:Torment... oh, wait...

…because people LOVE those. I mean, Arcanum sold a billion copies, so did Planescape:Torment… oh, wait…

Arcanum now that is something i would pledge for, at a high tier that is.

But DOS II will do just fine.

You mean the point beyond showing your support and contributing to a game that you're keen on playing? :)

I don't typically show support to a business by voluntarily paying them several times more than the going rate for their products.

The greater the success of the campaign, the more features we can expect to see, and the more likely another sequel is going to be.

No doubt. But the game can, and probably will, be a great success as loads of people just buy the game at a standard price. I can see the argument for 'pledging' to a game that probably couldn't be made without achieving their funding total, I'm just a bit more skeptical when studio is in a position to invest in their own project.

Please vote!
More Role-Playing Options

More role-playing options and skill / stat checks.
Chance to avoid combat with other skills (bribing, smooth-talking, etc.).
More dialog options in general.
More factions. More choices with consequences. Hard choices.

I would prefer a direct sequel to Divine Divinity, an isometic action RPG. D:OS was a good RPG, but writing wasn't top notch. I hope they learn some lessons from Witcher 3 about quest and dialogue design.

Great news! Can't wait!

Cool, looking forward to playing the first one once EE releases.

I put hundreds of hours into Dragon Knight Saga, and that was before the Director's Cut. I never got Original Sin since I figured the same final version would come out, and of course it did. Plus my backlog of games is still huge. I'll have to see if they have a low enough tier that includes the first game before deciding on kickstarting this or not.

You will, of course, begin in a prison with no memory of how you got there or who you are....

You will, of course, begin in a prison with no memory of how you got there or who you are….

No, you begin as a pig farmers assistant. It takes about 20 hours in game to be able to lift a sword, you then spend 450hours practicing and killing local wildlife. By the time you are able to do anything noteworthy, your game will have 2000 hours on it.

As much as the "no memory" crap is cliche, there aren't many options that allow humble beginnings to greatness so easily.

A pig farmer's assistant? Given the choice, I'd rather be in prison....

It might be entertaining to start out polymorphed into an acrobatic sheep though. Baah.

Back
Top Bottom