Does Anyone Read This Thread for News?

• Yes

Votes: 53 89.8%
  • No

Votes: 6 10.2%

• Total voters
Some new TechRaptor Articles this week.

Honor of Kings: World - Official Gameplay Reveal Trailer

Honor of Kings: World is a new open-world action RPG developed by Timi Studio of Tencent. Experience new wonders, encounter a colorful cast of characters and leave your mark on long-lost ruins.
Hogwarts Legacy: 20 Minutes of Touring Hogwarts School

As we already know, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry is massive. So ride along with some of the developers of Hogwarts Legacy as they give you a gully guided tour of some of the places you'll get to visit in the game.
Hogwarts Legacy: Guided Combat Gameplay

Curious about the combat in Hogwarts Legacy? Well look no further! Ride along with a few of the developers of Hogwarts Legacy as they show you wants in store for players when the wands start shooting!
Hogwarts Legacy - Character Creator Gameplay Overview

Hogwarts Legacy held a livestream where they showed off a bunch of brand new gameplay. In this video, the developers run through the fairly expansive character creator you'll get to play with when first booting up the game.

Final Fantasy XVI Will Feature A Second Playable Character - FFU
Ever since being announced, Square Enix has made it very clear that Clive Rosfield will be the playable character featured within Final Fantasy XVI. However, in a recent interview, it’s now been revealed that for a small segment of the game, players will take control of another character.
Assassin's Creed Valhalla Spotted With Game Pass Tag - Exputer
Microsoft has been making an effort to make its gaming subsidiary, Xbox, on par with Sony’s PlayStation. Increasing the user base for Xbox Game Pass to compete with PlayStation Plus is part of those efforts. They have been adding more popular games in Game Pass to boost their subscriptions. Now it appears that the next big title to be included will be Ubisoft‘s Assassin’s Creed Valhalla. As, apparently, the game has been spotted on the Polish version of the Xbox Store with a Game Pass tag. The discovery was made by a Polish site XGP.PL. The game only appeared there briefly, before vanishing after the discoverer refreshed the site a few times.
Atomic Heart Development A Mess,Game Possibly Leaked - Exputer
Atomic Heart has been having its fair share of troubles. Although the game was a much-anticipated title because all gameplay presentations and showcases looked quite impressive, new facts regarding the game and its development came to light recently in a report on DTF.ru which has caused many to question the reliability of said showcases.

The DTF.ru report showed clearly how mismanaged Atomic Heart’s development was and still is, and how it is the victim of overambition.

Now more oil has been added to the fire in the shape of the risk of the game being leaked online. Reddit user CamurAtes created a post stating that they possess the game’s files, while asking fellow Redditors what to do with the files, and many suggesting to leak them.
Mass Effect 4 Needs to Make One Change with the Protagonist - Gamerant
Something that the Mass Effect franchise hasn't given players in the fifteen years since the first game released is a playable alien protagonist. While the multiplayer of Mass Effect 3 made alien races playable, these weren't fully fleshed-out characters which means that a lot of players still feel the need to have a non-human protagonist in the series. Of course, this doesn't mean that humans should be disregarded in Mass Effect 4, but considering the intricately designed aliens that exist in BioWare's sci-fi universe, it seems strange none of them have been available as the protagonist.

Elex 2 After 8 Months - What Happened to This RPG?

Mortismal Gaming Valkyrie Elysium - First Impressions

Talking a bit about my initial impressions of Valkyrie Elysium following it's recent steam release as I move to review the title!
Genshin-Like RPG Wuthering Waves Gameplay & Dev Commentary

A series where we give you an insight into Wuthering Waves' development and some glances behind the scenes. Our first episode will include a General Introduction of Wuthering Waves, its Development Process, and our future Plans, to help our players learn and understand Wuthering Waves from various perspectives.
Microsoft almost made Genshin Impact an Xbox exclusive - USA Today
Sony, however, did reach an agreement with HoYoverse and secured Genshin Impact as a console exclusive on PlayStation. Whether that has any bearing on the missing-in-action Genshin Impact Switch port or not, Reuters’ sources said Genshin Impact’s subsequent success – and billions of dollars in profit – made Xbox realize it needed to prioritize development partnerships in China.
The Elder Scrolls 6's Biggest Struggle - Gamerant
The Elder Scrolls has been a pioneer in open-world games since its first entry all the way back in 1994, no game made as resounding an impact as The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim. Whether critics agree if it was successful or not, the game attempted to combine aspects of existing open-world games at a scale that had not been seen before. Storytelling, map exploration, RPG features, HUD design, world-building, and the overarching lore, among many others, blend together in a way that still brings fans back to the game more than a decade later.
Zodiac Legion Tacticon Dev Talk Video - Steam
Greetings commanders, Let’s talk about the way support and flanking work in the game, and about our plans for the future regarding the basics of combat.

Solasta: Crown of the Magister Inner Strength DLC Released - Steam & GOG

Complete your roster with the Inner Strength DLC!

Buying this DLC unlocks three new Classes (for a total of 9 new subclasses, plus 3 additional ones if you own Lost Valley) and one new Ancestry
  • The Warlock Class, with its 4 subclasses: The Fiend (SRD), The Hive (Solasta), The Timekeeper (Community), The Tree (Lost Valley)
  • The Barred-mean-knowing-what-success-looks-like-and-the-importance-of-d Class, with its 4 subclasses: College of Lore (SRD), College of Hope (Solasta), College of Heroism (Community), College of Tradition (Lost Valley)
  • The Monk Class, with its 4 subclasses: Way of the Open Hand (SRD), Way of Survival (Solasta), Way of Light (Community), Way of Freedom (Lost Valley)
  • The Dragonborn Ancestry
Archaelund Development Update #6 - Steam
Greetings everyone! No pretty pictures on this update I am afraid, since we have already revealed too many environments and we want all the rest to be a surprise.

Archaelund internal testing revealed that some core mechanics that sounded like great ideas on paper, turned out to be more hassle than fun.

For instance, I implemented Stamina and Fatigue as a limiting resource for the adventuring party capabilities, and in particular magic. I wanted magic to "take a toll" on spellcasters, making them more frail and exhausted when they cast spells instead of using other well-known systems such as spell slots, "mana", etc. My idea was that spellcasters fell sicker and more vulnerable the more they cast.

But testing revealed that this idea, which can be interesting from a narrative or "realistic" point of view, did not work well in a combat-oriented roleplaying game such as Archaelund, where you explore huge dungeons and large wild regions, while involved in many fights. "Stamina" and "Fatigue" mechanics were quickly becoming a burden, instead of providing interesting choices.
Valkyrie Elysium - Review After 100%

Talking about my experiences with Valkyrie Elysium's steam release after doing all of the things!
Warren Spector What does "player powered" mean? - Gamedeveloper
People ask me all the time why I make games or, more precisely, why I make the games I do. That’s summed up in the motto and mission of OtherSide Entertainment – “Player Powered.” Paul Neurath of Looking Glass fame founded the studio with that game style in mind. In other words, he wanted to make what are commonly referred to as “Immersive Simulation” games - you know, games like Underworld, System Shock, Thief, Deus Ex and more – I’m looking at you, Arkane!

I love that kind of game. I have no interest in making any other kind of game. I believe Immersive Sims are… well… important. How could I not join him when he asked me to? I signed on as a partner around the time the studio was created specifically because I wanted to make “Player Powered” games. I wasn’t about to miss the opportunity to make the kind of game I love. So here I am.

Last edited:
Pentiment: The First 16 Minutes of Gameplay

Check out the first 16 minutes of gameplay from Pentiment, the new 2D mystery game from Obsidian inspired by classic literature!
Atomic Heart: 4 Robots That Will Try to Kill You

Atomic Heart is set in an alternate Soviet history world full of robots. They are each cleverly grounded in the lore of Atomic Heart - built by Facility 3826 to provide day-to-day help for the population - and definitely not going to try and kill you. Here, we’ll be taking a closer look at four of the many unique designs that developer Mundfish has created for Atomic Heart.

More TechRaptor Articles this week.

Also if we you want more data to show the game industry is in trouble. :biggrin:
Maybe being too pessimistic but I worry a little bit that all the big games pushed off to 2023 will now feel compelled to release in 2023 no matter what, even if not ready ... even with the lessons from C2077. Guess we will see. If they are ready then 2023 could be a good gaming year for those of us left with power, a home, and money to spend.

Maybe being too pessimistic but I worry a little bit that all the big games pushed off to 2023 will now feel compelled to release in 2023 no matter what, even if not ready ... even with the lessons from C2077. Guess we will see. If they are ready then 2023 could be a good gaming year for those of us left with power, a home, and money to spend.
At this point, should we still wonder if a game releases when it's really finished? It's so rare they can nail everything down, so I just take for granted that it's not perfect and check whether it's fine or needs a little more time. Depends if you prefer to avoid any disappointment of course. :)

CP2077 was pushing it though.

We Who Are About To Die Official Launch Trailer - Steam

Fight & strategize your way through spectacles and arenas -- rise from lowly slave to Grand Champion and earn your freedom. Or... die trying. This Gladiator RPG Roguelite features in-depth career management and a unique physics simulated combat system. To those who are about to die, I salute you!
Open-world Adventure/ARPG Kandria Releasing January 11th - Steam

Explore a ruined open world of caverns and settlements. Hack and slash your way through missions: patrol, repair, scavenge - choose your quests and dialogue. Or go fishing, forage mushrooms, and race the clock! The old world is gone - the future is up to you.
Project LLL Revealed A Sci-fi Shooter MMO - NCSoft

Making NC games and sharing the journey of discovery together. Check out the gameplay footage for Project LLL, now in development.
Pentiment Review Roundup

Imprisoned Hyperion Released - Steam
Imprisoned hyperion is an imersive sim, first-person rpg. Explore the dark and dangerous dungeons of a world that has survived its end. Survive by finding safe resting places and cooking food. Help different creatures and learn the dark history of this world and your own.
Gamedec Additional playable skins available now FOR FREE - Kickstarter
Detectives!We're glad to inform you the latest branch of free skins is now available on Steam, GOG and Epic Games Store!
The Last Oricru Czech & Slovak Games Week Streams - Steam
The time has come again and Czech & Slovak Games Week is here for the third time. With it come a host of live streams. We are part of it and you can watch our CM Roxy Clark (SexyBiscuit) as she will try to make her way through the game and make some friends on Wardenia with a sword in one hand and magic stuff in the other.

Atomic Heart: When a Game Doesn’t Know What It Wants to Be - Noobfeed
Game development is a difficult thing, but there are constant stories about games that lack a coherent creative vision throughout their development, and many of these games then release to underwhelming reception. What do we do, as an audience, when a game is overhyped around mechanics that are either poorly implemented in the final release or entirely absent?

There have been recent rumors about the development of Atomic Heart that first appeared on DTF.ru, and how the game was poorly managed with lead developers who would constantly add in new mechanics on a whim, forced the staff to work gruelingly long crunch sessions for months on end, and, from an organizationally unethical standpoint, produced vertical footage of their games rather than genuine gameplay captured in-engine; effectively meaning that they lied about what the game looked like and how it played.
Elden Ring Becomes Fastest Selling Multi-Platform Japanese Game - Exputer
Bandai Namco reported sales of the action role-playing game Elden Ring by FromSoftware have topped 17.5 million units. The information is provided in the publisher’s report for the third quarter of the current fiscal year, and it is current as of September 30.
How Starfield is Utilizing the Kardashev Scale - Gamerant
Starfield will be exploring many science fiction ideas, including space travel and the terraforming of alien planets. The game will also explore how humans may go about conquering new solar systems and extending their reach across the galaxy. This has gotten gamers eager to see just how advanced humans have become in Starfield's societies. To gauge this, it is a good idea to use make use of the Kardashev Scale.
Epic says half of all announced games are made on Unreal - TheVerge
Over half of all announced games for next-gen game consoles are being developed using Epic Games’ Unreal Engine suite of developer tools, Epic VP of engineering Nick Penwarden said in an interview with The Verge.
Everything We Know About Marvel's Midnight Suns - Fortress
Although the release date has been pushed back to the beginning of December, Marvel fans are looking forward to Marvel’s Midnight Suns, the latest tactical RPG game coming out of the creators of the XCOM series. The game is said to be a completely new combat style, something the developers (Firaxis Games) have never before attempted, so it is looking extremely promising. With the Marvel title currently on preorder, here is everything we know about Midnight Suns so you can make an educated decision about whether you want to buy the game or preorder it.

Pentiment - First Impressions Mortismal Gaming

Taking a look at Obsidian's newly released historical narrative game as I move to review the title!
Marvel's Midnight Suns - Official "Welcome to the Abbey" Trailer

Welcome to the Abbey, your home to live among the legends. But like most things, there's more to this place than meets the eye...
Dying Light 2 - Bloody Ties Expansion Review - The Final Verdict

If Bloody Ties is supposed to set expectations for what you can expect from the series of expansion releases Dying Light 2 Stay Human can see down the line, be prepared for some sore disappointment. Nothing in the expansion is going to be outright bad.
Steelrising Cagliostro’s Secrets DLC Overview Impressions

In this Steelrising Cagliostro’s Secrets DLC Overview Impressions, I’m going to dive into what the expansion has to offer in terms of the weapons you can acquire, the different types of automatons you will encounter, and the dark secrets of the maestro Comte de Cagliostro and King Louis XVI. So far, it is the only planned DLC, which will be released today, November 10th. If you are curious to know what we think of the base game, you can check out our Steelrising Review here!

Curse of Eternity launches for PC on December 1st - Steam

Curse of Eternity is a stylized Action RPG with intricate class customization, fierce stamina-based combat, and a beautiful world with loot in every corner. Curse of Eternity features a unique feats-based multiclassing system that allows players to mix and match proficiencies to shape their character just the way they want to.
A Letter From Ocean Drive Studio: One-Month Recap

It’s been a bit over a month since Lost Eidolons’ release. It’s hard to believe that a month has gone by already, as the team has been busy working on patches and additional development work. To find more information on our previous updates, please find earlier letters on launch day, at the one-week mark, and at the two-week mark, as well as previous patch notes (like here and here). We strongly believe that Lost Eidolons is becoming a better game with each update, thanks to your feedback and support.

As we just passed the one-month mark after launch, we’d like to share what we have planned for the future. On the development side, we have two major elements we’re working on.

First is the New Game+ mode. We would like to share what we are planning and preparing for the New Game+ mode below. For those who have been following us on our Discord server or other channels, you may find information you are familiar with already.
Draw Distance is working with Paradox on a licensed RPG -RPG Codex
Draw Distance and Paradox Interactive Cooperate on a New RPG

Draw Distance will develop another game in cooperation with Paradox Interactive. It's codename is Project Cardinal and it's said to be bigger than the previous two games by the team, namely Coteries of New York and Shadows of New York.

As we read on StockWatch.pl [in polish], Project Cardinal will be an RPG based on the license of one of the franchises owned by Paradox Interactive. The IP was not specified, but it's possible that it will be Vampire: The Masquerade again.

It was emphasized, however, that the upcoming title will be much larger and more expansive than Vampire: The Masquerade - Coteries of New York and Vampire: The Masquerade - Shadows of New York, which were focused primarily on storytelling, with gameplay in the background.
Is the Witcher 3 the New Skyrim? - Noobfeed
It has finally come to pass. The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt will release on current-generation consoles more than seven years after its initial release back on the PS4/Xbox One generation. This is a remastered version with all the usual bits and pieces one would expect from something like this, such as the addition of all the DLC and general performance upgrades, but it may also indicate the beginning of something. We must ask ourselves: is the Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt going to be the next Skyrim?

What Final Fantasy XVI Can Learn From Its Predecessor - CBR
Final Fantasy XVI will not be requiring this. Currently, no spinoff games or cross-media promotions have been announced, so players will be able to enjoy FFXVI's story by itself with all the required knowledge obtainable in-game. With the game appearing to be a fantasy epic in the vein of Game of Thrones, a strong narrative will be critical to enjoying the adventure. Not only are the developers streamlining the methods of story delivery, they are ensuring its focus by restricting the world to keep players on the right path.
What Can We Expect from 'Elden Ring’s' DLC? - GoombaStomp
Elden Ring is one of the biggest games to release this year, both in terms of the scale of its world and the scope of its ambition, but if the rumours are true, it’s set to get even bigger. Rumours surrounding what form Elden Ring’s DLC could take have been circling ever since the game first released, but thanks to dataminers, cut content, and unfinished lore, we have more insight into what might be in store than ever before.
Looks like Ubisoft is returning to Steam - Eurogamer
Steam versions of various recent Ubisoft games appear to be on the way, according to datamined store details which have popped up online.

Earlier this month, a Steam version of Assassin's Creed Valhalla was spotted in Ubisoft Connect's database, prompting speculation the smash hit Viking adventure would finally arrive on Valve's PC storefront. To date, PC players have only been able to access Valhalla via Ubisoft's own launcher or the Epic Games Store.
Perseus: Titan Slayer Free Trial - Steam
Defeat the Titans as you battle your way into Tartarus to stop Hades from conquering Olympus and destroying the world. In this rogue-like dungeon crawler adventure, you will play as Perseus, a demigod tasked with one mission; stop Hades and the evil forces that surround him.

Plague Tale: Requiem: PC Analysis - Eurogamer
We've already established that A Plague Tale: Requiem is a graphically demanding game - hence the move to a 30fps/40fps target for Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5, despite running at a native 1440p with temporal upscaling for a 4K output and often failing to maintain its performance target. In search of answers as to how heavy this game is, we can look to the PC version for answers - just as we did with Gotham Knights.
Starfield delay was 'the right thing to do' says Phil Spencer - PCGamer
"We have experience shipping games too early, but in hindsight when you look at a game like Starfield, which has taken so long and so much investment in new IP from the team, the decision to give the team the time to build the game that they feel they should be building is just the right thing to do."
Marvel's Midnight Suns - Our Big Firaxis Interview - Ausgamers
We had a chance to get geeky and in-depth with Firaxis' Jacob Solomon, Creative Director, and Joe Weinhoffer, Designer, to talk about the studio's forthcoming tactical Marvel jaunt, Midnight Suns. Read on for what they had to say..

2009 ARPG Risen to Re-release for Consoles - RPGSite

THQ Nordic has announced that Risen will launch for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch on January 24, 2023. The Piranha Bytes developed action RPG originally released in 2009 for Xbox 360 and PC (Steam). The PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch versions will receive retail releases in North America, exclusive to GameStop. The PC version will also receive a gamepad support update. An announcement trailer, details, and screenshots can be found below, via THQ Nordic.
Cygnus Enterprises a Single-player Sci-fi Action/RPG Announced - Steam

Cygnus Enterprises takes place in positive future, where mankind has put aside its differences to peacefully expand to new worlds. This expansion was once limited by technology, but the titular Cygnus Enterprises has created a faster-than-light drive, allowing humanity to travel across the universe and discover new worlds. Not all of these worlds are welcoming to humans, as there are powerful alien monsters that roam the wilderness and present a threat to settlers. Cygnus Enterprises put players as hired troubleshooters in a wild space frontier, where they must restore derelict outposts and turn them into bustling new settlements that will attract people from around the universe.
Path of Exile: The Forbidden Sanctum Next Month - Grinding Gear Games

Path of Exile 3.20 Expansion Livestream
The details of our fourth expansion of this year will be revealed at 11AM December 1st (PST) at twitch.tv/pathofexile!

In the livestream you'll learn all about the new challenge league and other content of the expansion. As usual, after the livestream, Chris Wilson will answer your burning questions live in a Q&A session with ZiggyD.

Twitch Drops will be enabled for the livestream. We'll announce the reward in a few days. Co-streaming is welcomed!

Path of Exile's Expansion Launch Date
You'll be able to play The Forbidden Sanctum expansion for free on December 9th (PST) on PC and Mac and on December 14th (PST) on Xbox and PlayStation.

We are very excited to show you what we've been working on!

Marvel’s Midnight Suns Hero History: Ghost Rider

From his time in East LA to his devilish days, Ghost Rider has been on a HELL of a ride.
Midnight Suns Gameplay Impressions - Not What I Expected At All

In this Marvel's Midnight Suns Impressions, I’m going to break down the first 15 hours of the game and let you guys know what I think about the game, what I like and don't like, and give you insights into whether you want to get this game day 1 or wait for a sale. If you are unsure about tactical turn-based RPG and you are curious to see how the game feels as a whole, then this video is for you!
Marvel's Midnight Suns has great combat. The rest...I'm not so sure

10 hours in, Marvel's Midnight Suns is two games. One is a brilliant tactical game, the likes of which Firaxis are known for. The other is an awkward spin on the Fire Emblem formula, with flat writing that fails to deliver a compelling rendition of these heroes.

Dead Island 2 Delayed Again
Volition Becoming Part of Gearbox - BluesNews
More Gearbox news is found in the Embracer Group Interim Report Q2 with the latest financials of its parent company. Word is that due to the performance of the Saints Row reboot, developer Volition is becoming part of Gearbox. Despite noting the new Saints Row game was the primary driver of growth for the quarter and its financial performance met expectations, the company says the change is due to how the game turned out.
Dark Crystal Games Shut Down Permanently - RPG Codex
Dark Crystal Games, developer behind Encased role-playing game, has closed its doors. This was announced by journalist and developer Peter Salnikov in the latest issue of 'The House of The Dev' podcast.

Dark Crystal Games was founded by former developers of the St. Petersburg division of Larian Studios. Encased became the studio's debut project, which the developers planned to develop through Steam Early Access, but over time the RPG found a publisher in the person of Koch Media and its label Prime Matter. Together with the new partner, developers were planning to release the game on consoles with fully voiced dialogues, but it will never happen.

A year after the deal was announced, the PC version of Encased has left early access, and received mixed reviews from the press and the RPG genre fan community. Several months after the release, the developers continued to release updates with free content and improvements.

Gothic 3: Forsaken Gods is Absolutely Horrible - C4G Retrospective

Still want to get Forsaken Gods for some reason?
Hunting RPG WILD HEARTS New Gameplay Trailer

Harness nature’s energy to power the ancient Karakuri technology in WILD HEARTS™. Both weapons and tools, the Karakuri can be shaped into many forms. With them, you can set traps, react to attackers, and deliver devastating damage to the mighty Kemono.

But you can build as well as destroy. Gathering resources, training, and swift travel are just a few of the Karakuri’s many constructive uses. Master ancient tech to hunt down giant beasts. WILD HEARTS is a unique twist on the hunting genre where technology gives you a fighting chance against fearsome beasts infused with the ferocious power of nature itself. Take on these creatures alone or hunt with friends in seamless co-op.

Developed by Omega Force, the Japanese studio behind the DYNASTY WARRIORS franchise and in partnership with EA Originals, WILD HEARTS takes you on an epic adventure set in a fantasy world inspired by feudal Japan.
Edge Of Eternity New Game + Update - Steam
This time it's the right one! After several weeks of development, iteration and testing, we are pleased to announce that the New Game + update is now available.
Stormrite - Development Update #8
Hello everyone! Thank you all for your continued support of the project! We’re back, and we’ve got another dev update for you.

This month, we’ve been mostly working on optimisation, so we don’t have much new stuff to show as far as features go, but since optimisation is very important for the game, and we usually don’t share the specifics of what’s going on behind the scenes, we’ll switch it up a bit this month, so this dev update is going to get a little more technical than usual!

After the momentum we had in August, September has been a very busy period for the team outside of Stormrite, but we’re back & ready to get back to the same pace we were at last month!

Back
Top Bottom