Couchpotato's Random RPG News

Does Anyone Read This Thread for News?

• Yes

Votes: 53 89.8%
  • No

Votes: 6 10.2%

• Total voters
Warm up your teats, fans, THQ Nordic is coming to suckle.
That's been their agenda ever since they were called Nordic Games. They buy old IPs and cast off developers for cheap, then milk the IPs for more money. It's working for them.

They are now actually under the Embracer Group label.

Last edited:
Superfuse Game Trailer - PC Gaming Show 2023 Preview

An alien threat looms in a new comic book inspired Early Access Action RPG! Take on waves of grotesque minions with up to 4 friends in co-op, or go it alone and uncover a vast conspiracy that endangers all of humanity. Become a hero in a world where superpowers are controlled by society’s elite!
Cygnus Game Trailer - PC Gaming Show 2023 Preview

Cygnus Enterprises is a top-down, shooter ARPG, a positive sci-fi game. Cygnus depicts a bright future, with beautiful environments and a positive setting.
Solium Infernum Game Trailer - PC Gaming Show 2023 Preview

Take the Infernal Throne in this hellish turn-based grand strategy game. The Prince of Darkness has vanished, leaving Archfiends to conspire: muster your legions while intoning dark sorceries, devilish schemes, and machiavellian plots. Who will be the new ruler of Hell and ascend the Throne?

WH40k: Rogue Trader - New Gameplay Trailer & Details Revealed

Owlcat recently unveiled their new gameplay trailer showing off new improvements and progress as well as new details! Here we go over what those were in addition to questions I still have.
Darkest Dungeon II: Obsession's Gaze - Red Hook Studios

A new Confession has been added, and with it, Ordainment modifiers, a new Mountain Boss and associated narrative content.
Marvel’s Midnight Suns: A Deadly Game Of The Year Contender? - WePc
If Marvel’s Midnight Suns can continue to keep up the energy that it exudes, the quality that it so wonderfully has, then it has the potential to be a late entrant to the Game Of The Year discussion. It’s so much fun to play, it’s a joy to talk to these characters and it’s a devilishly stylish game. Not even the Mother Of All Demons can bring this game down.
How Exoplanet Changed Within A Year - Steam
Hello, friends! Before the Major Update 0.70 we would like to talk about the way we've made and remember how it all started.
Josh Sawyer would be open to working on the series again - VGC
He described New Vegas as “a crazy development because it was only 18 months” but one that was “super fulfilling and super fantastic”.

“I love Fallout, I love the setting, I could see myself working in it again, but you know, we’ll see where the future takes me.”

Sawyer was also asked what his dream setting for a new series entry.

“I’m not really sure,” he responded. “I haven’t thought about it in quite a while because again, it kind of came into my life and then floated away. In the past, I’ve said you know people have talked about New Orleans. I do think California or the Midwest would also be very interesting.
Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy has reached 8 million players - Gamedeveloper
During Embracer Group's recent earnings call, Crystal Dynamics CEO Phil Rogers revealed that Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy reached over 8 million players. That milestone comes shortly after the game's one-year anniversary, and can be attributed to the game being added to Xbox Game Pass and PlayStation Plus' Extra tier respectively in February and July.

Cygnus Enterprises a Single-player Sci-fi Action/RPG Announced
This game bursts so much will colourfulness and with positivity that people will hate it and will want it to die. You know, currently, anything positive and colourful is hated a lot these days, at least that's my impression. Especially Gamersgate people will hate this game a lot.

Fallout 76 - Nuka-World on Tour Update Preview - Betshseda

Welcome back to Inside the Vault! This week, we sat down with some members of our development team to talk about all the things coming to Appalachia with our Nuka-World on Tour update, coming December 6. Additionally, in case you missed it last week we’re reminding you how to join in the Call to Axe-ion in-game event.
Atomic Heart: The Smash, Loot, Smash Cycle of Robot Destruction

Get a look at Atomic Heart's unique damage and looting systems. Learn all about the upcoming chaotic FPS from developer Mundfish throughout November, and stick around for more exclusive news, videos, and coverage on the game.
Fextralife's Top RPG News of the Week

Forspoken Activities and Tasks, Hogwarts Legacy Gameplay Update, The Witcher 3 Next Gen Update, Baldur's Gate 3 2023 Launch, The Game Awards 2022 Nomination, Crimson Desert Delayed, Monster Hunter Rise Sunbreak Update 3, ArcheAge 2 MMORPG for PC and Consoles.
Monster Hunter: Rise Sunbreak Free Title Update 3 Trailer - Steam

Prepare to jump headfirst into the chaos with the brave denizens of Kamura and Elgado. Chaotic Gore Magala and two Risen Elder Dragons headline a host of additions coming in Sunbreak Free Title Update, available Nov. 24!

MythForce Elements Update Available - Beamdog
Greetings, friends, Project Director Luke here. Hopefully most of you will have already noticed the PTR and have had a chance to play a little bit, and give us some feedback on our feature experiments there. If you haven’t, I recommend giving it a look! It’s chock-full of in-progress features that we’d love to share with you in the “safety” of the unstable PTR branch - separate from the main branch. If you already have MythForce, you’ll automatically have access to the PTR, so give it a try!
EverQuest: Night of the Shadows Expansion Beta and Pre-orders
Norrathians have ended the conflict between Mayong Mistmoore and Luclin herself, but can they relax their vigilance? The recent attention of Luclin has emboldened the Akheva, and they continue their plans to conquer the moon!
Assassin's Creed Valhalla Last Update in December - PCGamer
After nearly two years in post-release development, Assassin's Creed: Valhalla (opens in new tab) will launch its last update on December 6th, 2022. The final update will include The Last Chapter , which Ubisoft describes as "a touching and intimate conclusion to Eivor's saga." "This epilogue will tie up some of the storylines developed throughout the game and offer closure to your time among the Raven Clan," says the announcement.
Cavill's Witcher Exit Addressed By Geralt Video Game Actor - ScreenRant
Well I think it's really sad. And there's a lot of people speculating on the reasons why he's decided to leave, but whatever the reason is, I think it is sad, because Henry, he did a fabulous job as Geralt of Rivia.

Mortismal Gaming Gothic - First Impressions

Mortismal Gaming Evil West - First Impressions

Ravenbound Announced a New Open World Action Roguelite - Steam

Fear everything and nothing for death brings you closer to victory in this challenging open world action-roguelite. As the Vessel of an ancient power you must use steel and skill to complete your mission in a dangerous fantasy world inspired by Scandinavian folklore.

Black Geyser: Couriers of Darkness Upcoming Update Preview - Steam
A major update for Black Geyser is coming next week with long-awaited features and improvements:
  • Create up to 5 characters for your party during character creation if you prefer
  • Charisma, Focus and Dexterity attributes now enable more enjoyable and versatile character builds
  • Balance: improved early-game and end-game difficulty for smoother gameplay
  • Full Spanish translation
  • Lots of bugfixes
If you like our work, you can support the project by posting a review on Steam.
Star Wars Jedi Survivor Release Date at Game Awards 2022? - PSU
The Game Awards 2022 will play host to a ton of new Star Wars Jedi: Survivor details, including a release date and new trailer. That’s at least according to sources at Insider-Gaming, which claim that the Star Wars Jedi: Survivor info drop will take place about 30 minutes into packed showcase. To be fair, a release date during TGA would make sense, as it’s rumoured the game will be released in March 2023, so it’s not too far off.
If Everyone Hates Encumbrance, Why Is It Still a Thing? - HalfGlassGaming
If you’ve played a lot of open-world fantasy RPGs over the past 20 years, you’ve almost certainly encountered the encumbrance game mechanic. You know the one, where you’re looting a dungeon and you pick up one too many items, and all of a sudden your character feels like they’re walking through molasses.
It's Still Baffling That Bloodborne Isn't On PC Yet - Gamespot
Hey, did you know that Bloodborne is still a PlayStation exclusive? Of course you do--the internet will never let you forget. Recently, Sony deleted a Bloodborne-related tweet after a legion of fans dogpiled it in the vain hope that an announcement was in the works. Indeed, it doesn't take much for the 2015 game to trend on popular social media sites like Twitter. Even a pointed tweet from a noted figure in the Souls community like Lance McDonald can stir up the hornet's nest.
Why The Elder Scrolls 6 is Likely to Be Simpler Than Skyrim - Gamerant
There is a certain element of the longstanding fantastical RPG series that will likely carry forward into The Elder Scrolls 6. The Elder Scrolls franchise has become known for becoming simpler in its complexity and overall difficulty with each subsequent mainline release, and the same may eventually be said about TES 6 when compared to the massively successful Skyrim.

RPGSite News Roundup of Today - Easier then posting each article. :biggrin:

Last edited:
Dark Envoy Gameplay Trailer

Dark Envoy is a love letter to classic tactical RPGs with a modern approach to combat. The gameplay trailer recalls the studio’s legendary genre inspirations, showcases battle tactics, skill variety, and introduces the dark force that all players must face in this tale of destiny, set in a conflict-torn Guns N’ Sorcery world. The game is being developed and will be published by Event Horizon, the creators of an independent RPG gem, Tower of Time.
DSOGaming Article Roundup

Infested Fortress From the developer of The Storm Guard: Darkness is Coming
The Iron Oath Autumn Sale & Update Preview
Vagrus The Riven Realms Optimization, Accessibility, and Controller Support

Given how simple and poorly conceived Skyrim mechanics and skill set are implemented; how could they make it simpler; are they going to take brain dead and make it brain deader ?
Same thought I had. Any more dumbed-down, and those games are toeing the line of even being appropriate to be called RPGs.

Same thought I had. Any more dumbed-down, and those games are toeing the line of even being appropriate to be called RPGs.
I see you both forgotten BioWare saying press a button something awesome happens.

As for Bethesda we'll have to wait for Starfield. :biggrin:

Your correct about Elder Scrolls they have been simplified every new release.

Back
Top Bottom