Fallout 4 - Codex Review

Nice to see nothing ever changes on this site. Anyway Bethesda is probably rolling their eyes at user reviews as Fallout 4 will sell a million more copies in the years ahead.:rolleyes:

At best, the review is serviceable. Some parts read like a lame smear campaign.
All one needs to do is scroll down to the bottom and read the final hate-filled paragraph. To say that the review wasn't neutral is a huge understatement, but it's about what I'd expect from the Codex.

Wait! You also missed the sarcasm?

Bubbles actually presented a balanced and objective review. Indeed Bubbles loved Fallout 4!

__

Anyway Bethesda is probably rolling their eyes at user reviews as Fallout 4 will sell a million more copies in the years ahead.:rolleyes:
I'm sure they are, because the sort of hardcore RPG'ers that mostly frequent RPGWatch or similar sites like the Codex aren't their audience. No need for them to care about these reviews. But it's still interesting to review their games nonetheless.

Copies sold is irrelevant, though - no reason to even bring it into the discussion. To borrow an analogy from an earlier poster (kopija), McDonalds has sold over 300 billion burgers. Doesn't mean any of them were very good, as burgers go.

Could everyone stop knocking McDonald's burgers?
It's making me sad. :)

mcdonalds_hamburger_03.jpg

Vs

BABurgers_BurgerBar_0279.jpg

At best, the review is serviceable. Some parts read like a lame smear campaign.
All one needs to do is scroll down to the bottom and read the final hate-filled paragraph. To say that the review wasn't neutral is a huge understatement, but it's about what I'd expect from the Codex.

He very succintly explains and demonstrates, with actual examples and screenshots, things that are wrong with the game. Objectively terrible. Sure there is some hate, but it is hard to refrain from hate when so much stuff in such a huge expensive game is so bad.

He very succintly explains and demonstrates, with actual examples and screenshots, things that are wrong with the game. Objectively terrible. Sure there is some hate, but it is hard to refrain from hate when so much stuff in such a huge expensive game is so bad.

Clearly a "very succinct" (17,626 words 103,438 characters -- https://wordcounter.net)/) review. Or did I miss the sarcasm again?

__

Things that are, in his opinion, wrong. Yes, I can see that. :)

Clearly a "very succinct" (17,626 words 103,438 characters -- https://wordcounter.net)/) review. Or did I miss the sarcasm again?

Doesn't Bubbles know that to be read, your review needs to fit into 120 characters or less? How is such an in-depth analysis ever going to make it into the afternoon's meme you link to your friends on Facebook as you spend your time perusing such brainteasing trending topics as the latest Kardashian butt picture?

Hey, every RPG forum needs a troll.
This already has one. Me.
:evilgrin:

Nice to see nothing ever changes on this site. Anyway Bethesda is probably rolling their eyes at user reviews as Fallout 4 will sell a million more copies in the years ahead.:rolleyes:
Errrrr what never changes?

If Bethesda is rolling their eyes over something it's people refusing to stay in or even try their MMO garbage. They expected everyone will sell even their house just to play that crap.
Count me crazy but I bet they'll earn more $ from FO4.

Probably wouldn't have bought F4 anyway since I prefer fantasy settings... but the part of the codex review that puts the final nail in the no-buy coffin for me is the part about the UI. Sounds horrible and terribly cumbersome. As they say on Shark Tank, for that reason, I'm out.

UI's not really any different then FO3 or FO:NV, as far as I recall (other than the ugly power armor UI skin). Granted, the always-been-mediocre UI is now more annoying than ever, because of the game changes that encourage packratting/hoarding and the names on equipment changing dynamically based on mods.

UI's not really any different then FO3 or FO:NV, as far as I recall (other than the ugly power armor UI skin).

And the absolutely maddening town-building interface.

True, that entire part of the game is pretty much pointless though, so I didn't consider it a huge deal.

Testing Fallout 4 as a computer role playing game is like testing a rally car for formula one. What did Bubbles expect?

Fallout 4 is an open world sandbox adventure with some CRPG and shooter elements, not a full fledged CRPG.

Back
Top Bottom