Forum Bug Reports and Feature Requests - XenForo 2.2

I didn't even notice that the post count had been added back until you mentioned it. I don't think post count and join date need to be visible all the time. Perhaps move those back to only being seen when you click on the member's avatar?
I like it being there personally, lets you see at a glance if you're seeing a post from some old poster who's just re-appeared, or a person who just joined, etc.

Also, I guess @myrthos got his name upgraded to all lowercase? :LOL:

I didn't even notice that the post count had been added back until you mentioned it. I don't think post count and join date need to be visible all the time. Perhaps move those back to only being seen when you click on the member's avatar?
Nah, I think at least the join date and post count should be visible in posts. If anything, location would be optional, but then it only shows for those people who've entered it and that's probably less than half as it is. So it might as well show too.

Any option to hide that stuff on the right side with who is online, latest stuff and so on? other sites have that option to make it disappear

You could use the legacy style, although that comes also with a smaller font.

That style doesnt fill the forums on all page width so its a no-no
Isnt that thing on by default, pretty much every forum i use has it

Attachments

• (1).jpg
    (1).jpg
    19 KB · Views: 8
An they are all using Xenforo?

I've made a change to redirect www.rpgwatch.com to rpgwatch.com.
As a result the cookie you had and which was set on www.rpgwatch.com is not 'visible' anymore, so everybody needs to login again and if you have 2FA enabled that is needed again also. Next to that you also get the question on push notifications again.
Once the new cookie is set with the relevant information you are good to go again.

Any option to hide that stuff on the right side with who is online, latest stuff and so on? other sites have that option to make it disappear
That is not a default option on XenForo... so either they're using some other forum software, or have custom modded it. Just curious what's bothering you about it, since this is the first I've heard anyone would want to hide what is really useful info and only appears on a single page?

I've made a change to redirect www.rpgwatch.com to rpgwatch.com.
As a result the cookie you had and which was set on www.rpgwatch.com is not 'visible' anymore, so everybody needs to login again and if you have 2FA enabled that is needed again also. Next to that you also get the question on push notifications again.
Once the new cookie is set with the relevant information you are good to go again.
I fixed the internal XF links to be consistent with the new scheme.

That is not a default option on XenForo... so either they're using some other forum software, or have custom modded it. Just curious what's bothering you about it, since this is the first I've heard anyone would want to hide what is really useful info and only appears on a single page?
I don't even see what would be gained by removing them. Even when using non-fluid styles, if you could somehow get rid of that right-side stuff and expand out the rest of that page to fill where they were, what are you gaining? A bit of extra space to see more of the subject line of the newest post in each forum?

edit: actually even when using fluid styles, the amount of the subject line, of the newest post from each forum, that's displayed is still the same. So you wouldn't even gain that.

Last edited:
Dont know what happened yesterday but the font on the site is much smaller than on the forum since then.

It has always been smaller since we moved. 12pt on the news site, 15pt on the forum.
Using the legacy skin, gives the forums the same 12pt font size.

True, though "Expected:" might be even better and more in line with "Platform:" and "Publisher:" above and below. This would need to be a global change across all the templates and for "Released:" as well though, so that's @Myrthos 's domain.

Also, funny that he's using the US date format there, given our recent discussion. :sneaky: Wouldn't hurt to change the date format to match the joined date display under avatars here.

Last edited:
Static text is in the language file and not in the template, so that is easy enough to change.
The dates are different, that is how they are in the database. It will be more work to change as the texts for the months need to go in the language file and a conversion has to be added in each of the controllers delivering dates to the templates.

On a side note, it has been like that for 16 years, first complaint/suggestion we get :)

Last edited:
Oh, that sounds like a PITA to change. It would be easier to read for people outside the US, though. Maybe put it on the to-do for when there's absolutely nothing else left to do and you feel like it then. :biggrin:

Back
Top Bottom