Obsidian Entertainment - Game Reveal Soon

It doesn't have to be ESO level detailed ;) Just Skyrim mod detailed :p

No, I mean the type we had in NWN2, or Expeditions: Viking, where you have to build something little by little, but which ultimately feels artificial. I don't mind at all the options to customize the characters or the house they live in, in fact I rather like it. :)

Yeah I was more talking about customising appearance of home.

I heard FO76 customisable housing as well but I could be wrong?

You can build your campsite up to be pretty elaborate: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwd8sP5he_M

But it is FO so its not going to look pretty and modern. Very rustic style. Now in FO4 you can do massive building once you toss in mods. I could show you some of the most beautiful homes I have seen in a game from people who build with mods.

A friend of mine only plays FO to build homes. She loves it and spends days building complex homes and settlements.

Mods let you do a lot but if you also get into the CK you can really build some amazing stuff, like my friend Cormell: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/images/235692

2714787-1654455108.png

I hated settlements and found it a huge waste of time in FO4. So yeah thanks to mods like sim settlements it was streamlined and made easier. Bethesda takes notes.

I'm quite looking forward to Avowed. I don't know if I should, considering TOW was so mediocre, but I feel Obsidian do have a lot of talent and potential to turn it around and come up with something pretty great.

Mods let you do a lot but if you also get into the CK you can really build some amazing stuff, like my friend Cormell: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/images/235692

2714787-1654455108.png

I would never have guessed that was Fallout from the screenshot. Some of these mods are impressive.

As for settlements, I don't mind them as long as there's no mandatory busywork. I don't really enjoy building stuff in RPGs, but I know that many people do.

Is Obsidian so large now that they can develop three AAA titles simultaneously?

Since they've been bought by Microsoft, I'd say "yes" …

Anyway, from Obsidian I only expect dark games ...

The beginning of POE I shocked me so much that I've basically given up hope. I couldn't even pull myself into playing POE II ...

Anyway, from Obsidian I only expect dark games …

The beginning of POE I shocked me so much that I've basically given up hope. I couldn't even pull myself into playing POE II …

Have you tried The Outer Worlds? It's more colorful and has a less serious atmosphere compared to their other titles.

As for settlements, I don't mind them as long as there's no mandatory busywork. I don't really enjoy building stuff in RPGs, but I know that many people do.

Yeah, I don't like busywork, or stronghold management, or any of that jazz. But I do think people like to customize things and tinker around. I'd just put in some optional gameplay almost along the lines of Stardew Valley, that people could engage with or ignore as they chose. I reckon quite a lot of people would enjoy that in a TES style game. Pretty much what they already did with mining and crafting and so on, but just make it richer.

No, I mean the type we had in NWN2, or Expeditions: Viking, where you have to build something little by little, but which ultimately feels artificial. I don't mind at all the options to customize the characters or the house they live in, in fact I rather like it. :)

I'm not a fan of these type of strongholds. With Viking, its required to win the game in peaceful route and that was all - no graphical change of your homestead at all, IIRC. With NWN2, it was too much of a money sink and not enough advantage - I'm pretty sure I finished the game without fully restoring it. I don't remember if there was any graphical change to your keep... if there was, probably minimal change.

I prefer BG2 stronghold with just extra quests to do for your faction type deal.

A friend of mine only plays FO to build homes. She loves it and spends days building complex homes and settlements.

Can totally relate to this LOL. I keep finding new house I want to decorate in ESO.

I should really check out FO games then :) While I really love ESO housing, its getting way too expansive since housing without ESO+ subscription is almost impossible.

Need SP house addiction instead of MMO housing lol

That looks nothing like FO to me as well. There appears to be a woman of dubious morals standing in your lounge. Please don't tell me that is your Player Character?

That looks nothing like FO to me as well. There appears to be a woman of dubious morals standing in your lounge. Please don't tell me that is your Player Character?

Heh no :) That image is a Nexus friend of mine doing the building. He does all kinds of homes with many different themes and time periods.

This is my current character:

I wish someone I knew was one of these enthusiastic virtual home builders. They could come an design the interior of my house instead of spending their energy on virtual homes :lol:

Heh me as well. I also wish they were as easy to build. I need me one of those workbenches :p

Don't mean to burst anyone's bubble but Jason Schreier claims it wont be Avowed.

He has a track record of being correct most of the time.

1655041783060.png

That sounds like much worse news for Avowed than simply not being shown here in the near future. Sounds like good old fashioned development hell, a la Vampire 2 or Anthem.

Yeah the codex has a whole thread about that games troubled development.

Back
Top Bottom