Obsidian Entertainment - Game Reveal Soon

Agree, but that Starfield footage was pretty tasty. I'm more interested now after finally seeing some actual gameplay.

It didn't really excite me :( And the tidbit about them having thousands of planets for you to explore practically confirms that Bethesda is going for quantity over quality in their copy/pasting.

It didn't really excite me :( And the tidbit about them having thousands of planets for you to explore practically confirms that Bethesda is going for quantity over quality in their copy/pasting.

The on-foot gameplay does look pretty standard, but I was impressed by the spaceflight. I had been expecting that to just be tacked-on, but it looks like they put some real work into it.

As for the amount of content, I can't say I'm surprised. They had already said there was going to be some procedural generation involved. That doesn't bother me as long as the primary areas are well crafted.

So I guess the Obsidian reveal wasn't part of the presentation?

Yes there was one...pentulam(sp) was obsidion...as was grounded.

The on-foot gameplay does look pretty standard, but I was impressed by the spaceflight. I had been expecting that to just be tacked-on, but it looks like they put some real work into it.

As for the amount of content, I can't say I'm surprised. They had already said there was going to be some procedural generation involved. That doesn't bother me as long as the primary areas are well crafted.

I actually thought the ship building and colony looked awesome....this game is going to eat some hours for me.

Presentation is ongoing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZXUBdFccyE

From what I've seen so far, it's 99% trailers for games I couldn't care less about x_x

Edit: it's over, finally. Only thing I personally saw from Obsidian was their 'full' launch for the Honey I shrunk the kids game, Grounded.

I saw many games I liked some I really liked...best thing is I can try almost all of them on gamepass for nothing....so I might find a diamond in the rough.

Can't wait for Starfield. I'm so bummed that it was delayed. I get it, though. It looks very ambitious.

Pentiment appeals to me. Obviously it doesn't have that AAA sheen, but it's my kind of game.

With a game like Starfield, I always thought you could do procedural content placement, rather than generation. So, have hand-crafted locations and quests, but when you warp into a new system, there's a chance a pre-created space station or planetary base could be spawned on one of the bodies.

I don't mind if the planet surface is procedurally generated or if there are somewhat repetitive outposts that are procedurally placed, as long as there's enough handcrafted and varied content for the locations and the quests.

There's a good chance they add generated quests as well, so I hope they can be easily identified and dismissed when the player doesn't want to spend time on filler content.

The space combat was unexpected, so was the ship customization. Overall it does look very ambitious, I'm getting excited about it. :)

About Pentiment, I hope we don't have to read that sort of font for the story :lol:

ss_b60770d7db46330935f2c203c059142d7ec1326a.jpg

(hey, it's French!)

With a game like Starfield, I always thought you could do procedural content placement, rather than generation. So, have hand-crafted locations and quests, but when you warp into a new system, there's a chance a pre-created space station or planetary base could be spawned on one of the bodies.

As long as it didn't allow for the same quest/location to be used more than once during your playthrough, that sounds like it could work pretty well.

I would have been fine with the Radiant quest system from Fallout/TES if it didn't keep repeating the same quests multiple times.

Even more bad news about Avowed development from Jason Schreier.:(

FVEEmQXWUAERhXi

Even more bad news about Avowed development from Jason Schreier.:(

There might be a bit of sour grapes there though. Carrie Patel is not the best of friends with MCA and my understanding is that she is still the game director and has been so for nearly a year. She is one of Obsidians rising stars so I would be most suprised if she was replaced.

Lower down the chain maybe.

edit: although to be clear I am not suggesting there aren't some problems on the project though. It is a scale Obsidian has never done before and there are sure to be issues. Given how long the project has gone for it is not suprising there has been some turnover though. Very few people can commit to over 5 years!

There might be a bit of sour grapes there though. Carrie Patel is not the best of friends with MCA and my understanding is that she is still the game director and has been so for nearly a year. She is one of Obsidians rising stars so I would be most suprised if she was replaced.

Lower down the chain maybe.

Apparently Parker was replaced by Patel. It mostly sounds like the game needed a reboot. Like I said before the codex thread has all the dirt on it's development.

Link - https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads...et-in-the-pillars-of-eternity-setting.134122/

Jason Schreier, is no friend of MS....I take what he says about xbox with a grain of salt...

Jason Schreier, is no friend of MS….I take what he says about xbox with a grain of salt…
Maybe but he's proven correct on everything he claims or has written about.

Back
Top Bottom