The ever-popular "Currently Listening" thread

Here's one that no one will have heard that I liked as a little kid because I liked cicadas.:D (It's a big, noisy insect that was fun to catch. I dunno if you have them in USA.)
Coincidently, we actually have two cicada broods emerging simultaneously right now, so there's a huge explosion of them in some states.

Man, the cicadas when I lived in Maryland could be unreal. Another benefit of significant hearing loss, I suppose, these critters wouldn't disturb me as much these days.

Interestingly, my mother in law refuses to believe cicadas exist. She calls them "locusses". No, not locusts, "locusses". When we tell her that they aren't anything like a locust, that they live most of their lives burrowed underground, she tells us "bullshit!" and refuses to listen.
She's a lovely lady but has some very odd ideas that she won't budge on. :D

Today I went back to the seventies with some Adam Ant and friends, starting with Kings of the Wild Frontier and ending with Strip. I consider these the very early days of alternative music.

Coincidently, we actually have two cicada broods emerging simultaneously right now, so there's a huge explosion of them in some states.
Nice! Here's your reward! From one of my all time favourite metal albums where I could proudly post almost any track. Plenty of sick riffs to go around!

OK, I've got something in that neighborhood. Elika reworked an older song to make this one. Overall, I actually prefer the more pared-down original except for the wonderful vocal additions at the end of this version, which give that smooth counterpoint to the buzz of the rest of the song.

One of those bands that came and went far too quickly, Quiet Riot was performing on the porch this morning.
I'd agree with that. Although I was surprised to find that 2 of their 3 hits were Slade remakes.

Back
Top Bottom