The "I Just Bought" thread

Yeah, I've already had keys not registering with Logitech keyboards. Besides, their obsession with non-standard layouts is annoying enough for me not to buy their unreliable keyboards. I'm not into gaming keyboards though.
I'm sort of on the same boat. I don't want to get gaming keyboards, but I can't seem to find anything else that's decent.
I've had a microsoft keyboard that was very solid, but the middle keys were arranged in a sort of "circular" pattern, for better ergonomics of the hands. Which was ok, but the issue is no other keyboard has that so everything I was forced to use a different one than mine, I again had to readjust. Othewise the keyboard was solid.

I was surprised at the issue I'm having with logitech keyboards, since I've also got a logitech mouse, and it's probably the best I ever got. I even got a separate one, for when this one will break. The Mx Master 3S

I'm sort of on the same boat. I don't want to get gaming keyboards, but I can't seem to find anything else that's decent.
I've had a microsoft keyboard that was very solid, but the middle keys were arranged in a sort of "circular" pattern, for better ergonomics of the hands. Which was ok, but the issue is no other keyboard has that so everything I was forced to use a different one than mine, I again had to readjust. Othewise the keyboard was solid.

I was surprised at the issue I'm having with logitech keyboards, since I've also got a logitech mouse, and it's probably the best I ever got. I even got a separate one, for when this one will break. The Mx Master 3S
Their mice are of great quality, and for the keyboards, it probably depend on the series.

There's nothing wrong in general with gaming keyboards, but they may be more expensive because of their LED systems, and they're usually the wrong type of mechanical switches for typing normally, like Cherry reds. Tactile preferences are subjective though, and I suppose they're not all 'mechanical' (as in clicky mechanical).

For games, I'm using a simple Cherry G230 keyboard with scissor switches, so that doesn't make too much noise when I get excited. :D Before, I was using it for work until I switched to a mechanical one, and it was excellent for that, too. I'm not sure today's Cherry keyboards are still that good, however. I've read many complaints about them.

PS: Yes, I see the MS bulging keyboard, though I haven't had one of those. They sold pretty good keyboards.

Was about to recommend the Microsoft LXM-00001, but it's been discontinued just like the 4000 model before it >:O It can be difficult to find a quality ergonomic keyboard sometimes; currently, with that MS model discontinued, search results are pointing towards the Perixx 535.

I try to stay away from Logitech products personally. Their quality has gone downhill.

Was about to recommend the Microsoft LXM-00001, but it's been discontinued just like the 4000 model before it >:O
That's the one I tried at one point, and it was nice, once you adapted to the unorthodox layout. But as I said, the issue I had then was adapting back to most other people's keyboards. I would have to move to colleague's desk's, for some peer programming or whatever, and would really be annoyed at the dissonance.

I've had both standard and gaming keyboards.

At the moment I'm quite happy with the wireless Logitech Mx Keys (https://www.logitech.com/en-us/products/keyboards/mx-keys-s.920-011406.html)

mx-keys-s-keyboard-top-view-black-us.png

Supports both Bluetooth and USB receiver, can connect to 3 different computers. Never had any problems with it.

I don't have a gaming keyboard but rather a mechanical one with Cherry keys. I've had it for years, very reliable and good tactile feel, not too expensive (rosewill brand). I definitely recommend one. (also you can order with different switches for different noise, break point and feel)

I've been having all sorts of issues with my current keyboard, a Logitech G815. Seems I can never not have issues with it.
For a long time I've hated the rgb implementation. I typically do not use it, and only want it set to uniform light blue color.
But due to logitech's idea of having profiles per game, and having 2 separate pieces of software that control the lighting I constantly have issues where certain games startup and they override my uniform default color.
I've explicitly disabled apps' ability to control the lighting, and for a time that worked, until it either didn't, or other software don't take that disabling into account. So the last fix was to need to manual set each game's profile to be the same as the default one.
Just curious, but did you try simply uninstalling their software completely? You should still be able to set the color manually I assume via a button on the keyboard.

As for keys sometimes not registering, I've had that happen occasionally on multiple keyboards across multiple name brands. It's not unique to Logitech.

Just curious, but did you try simply uninstalling their software completely? You should still be able to set the color manually I assume via a button on the keyboard.
Yeah, that's how I started. By default it allows apps to control its lighting.
And I couldn't find a way to control its lighting just through the keyboard itself.
As for keys sometimes not registering, I've had that happen occasionally on multiple keyboards across multiple name brands. It's not unique to Logitech.
In my case it's the space bar most often, it seems to always dislodge itself and no longer makes full contact when I press on the far edges of it. Only on its dead center.
And I take it out, push it back it; it seems to be fixed for a while, and then slowly gets into the same state. So I feel something's gotten loose or something.

I picked up my new keyboard, and have been using it for the past couple of hours. I actually went for the Corsair K70 Max, instead of the RGB Pro.
Overall I'm pretty impressed, but it's gonna take some time to get used to it. This one technically has the keys just slightly smaller, which I never expected, but was shocked how small they felt at first touch.
After around 30 mins they started to feel better and not that small anymore. But it was a bit of an adjustment. And I haven't yet fully adapted to it. But I'm liking it pretty well so far.

This one technically has the keys just slightly smaller, which I never expected, but was shocked how small they felt at first touch.
After around 30 mins they started to feel better and not that small anymore. But it was a bit of an adjustment. And I haven't yet fully adapted to it. But I'm liking it pretty well so far.
Do you mean small as in surface space, or are you talking about the height?

Do you mean small as in surface space, or are you talking about the height?
The surface area of the keys. How much surface area the tips of your fingers have to move around.
I compared it with my previous keyboard, and the difference technically is pretty small, but upon first contact with it, it felt horrible. Felt very small. But I've more or less gotten a lot more used to it.
But even so, I still mistype every now and then. At least until I get into the groove of it. I think it will take a bit too start learning the distance between keys, so that I can type without looking at all at my hands.

Otherwise it feels like a very solid keyboard. It should be, at how much it cost. A little bit over 200 euros.

Ah ok, I can't say I've ever noticed a difference in surface space when changing keyboards. I'm more concerned about height. I hate lower profile keys.

That's a lot of money for a keyboard. :)

Ah ok, I can't say I've ever noticed a difference in surface space when changing keyboards. I'm more concerned about height. I hate lower profile keys.

That's a lot of money for a keyboard. :)
It's pretty much overkill for me, but I wanted to hopefully stumble onto a very solid keyboard just overall. And it seems to be that, on first impression. But it will take a few months of pounding to see how it handles the work load.
It also has a feature that allows you to control at which height the keys are actually considered to be pressed. And do that for each individual key. It has some magnetic switches that allow that kind of control. Not that I think I'm gonna use it anytime soon.
They also have some more dampening than the RGB Pro version I was looking before this one. Apparently that was one quite loud for some people.
We'll see how I feel about it in a couple of months.

Speaking about keyboards, I stumbled onto this one.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7OVagiblPo

This is a wild one, and I'm not even sure it's even practical. I mean, the goal is to not keep staring at your keyboard, right?
It looks flashy but as I said, you're not supposed to take your eyes off the screen and keep them more on your keyboard. :ROFLMAO:

That's far too wild for me, I think I'd just be lost staring at it, lol. I mean, I got some high-end metallic lit-up board when I ordered this new computer, it's sitting in a box somewhere while I use this Logitech g fifteen that I've had like....forever.

Complimentary to my post from October 1st on this very thread, I got a new CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600 (I actually got it like 10 days ago).

Now I have a better PC to try and play Starfield and Cyberpunk2077 (this one after I get Phantom Liberty DLC): CPU Ryzen 5 5600 + GPU Radeon RX 6700 XT + 32GB DDR4 3200MHz brand Rise Mode Z.

Not a super PC but yet, it's way way better than my previous config. :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom