The Last Stanley Cup Playoffs thread

Boston surprised me tonight. I figured they'd fold after losing 3 straight and not having their captain tonight, but they hung tough.

Yup, that was a tough game to watch, I still think the Panthers can pull it off. The Edmonton/Vancouver series is tied now and we've a decent game to watch tonight!

That was a slobberknocker last night between the two Canadian teams and tonight the Panthers have a chance to send the Bruins searching for their golf clubs.

Neither the Bruins or the Avalanche went quietly, but they're gone all the same. We've got 3 of our 4 semi-finalists now. Rangers vs Panthers should be a good series.

Neither the Bruins or the Avalanche went quietly, but they're gone all the same. We've got 3 of our 4 semi-finalists now. Rangers vs Panthers should be a good series.
I'm surprised the Bruins made it to 6 the way they played ... but at least I still have the Celtics in the East finals :)

At least they've won a few Cups. Imagine what it must be like to be a Canucks fan. They're tied with the Buffalo Sabres as the oldest NHL teams without a Cup.
As a Canucks fan, yes.
But our teams do not carry the futility record. That is currently carried by Toronto and the 1967 Leafs since the Canucks and Sabres were not in the league yet.
Leafs fans are strange. Many were not aware of that they carried the record after the Blackhawks still won and were still bragging about their 13 cups record.
Canucks have been to the big dance 3x in their history, the Sabres once.

Let's hope The Deranged Oreo Dolphins can wrap this up tonight. This has been the most compelling series of them all. The strange calls against the them have been crazy, even the retired Tim Peel called out his fellow official for that reverse hit charging call against Peterson, but they somehow they killed off all five penalties last game.

The teams are such a contrast with each other two. And the last two games have been low scoring. I hate dice tosses (common in the playoffs), and the last two came down to that with seconds left in the game. Is this the 5th game the playoffs the Canucks have come back to win?

Leafs fans are strange. Many were not aware of that they carried the record after the Blackhawks still won and were still bragging about their 13 cups record.
Indeed. Most of them weren't even born the last time Toronto won a Cup. Also, two of those Cups are so old the hockey team in Toronto at the time wasn't even called the Maple Leafs, so I find it somewhat questionable when Leafs fans claim 13 Cups.

In my mind, the Leafs are tied with the Detroit Red Wings for the second-most Cups behind Montreal. The difference being that Detroit has 4 modern Cups while Toronto has none.

Please Oilers, don't let your fans down on Monday, crossing fingers ...

YES!!! YES!!! YES!!!

It got scary at the end though ....

Totally scary yet Edmonton is otw! I'm very curious to see how they'll match up now with Dallas, they've got forty-eight hours to figure it out.

Back
Top Bottom