The TV Series discussion thread

God dammit, I'm not sure if this was spoiled to me before, or if I was just spoiled for this, but apparently the final season of Better Call Saul will also include …

A guest appearance from both actors replaying their characters. https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/bryan-cranston-aaron-paul-better-call-saul-1235229217/
I really wish I didn't know that, though you could easily have made that prediction.

I was expecting that earlier, but it makes sense.

Looking forward to it! I wasn't expecting to like this series but it really grew on me.

Peaky Blinders.
My favorite character was Alfie Solomons, and what a great actor Tom Hardy is. He's won me, I'm a huge fan.

Last edited:
Yeah, about the only role I didn't enjoy Hardy in was that terrible Trek film, Nemesis. Other than that I believe I've liked him in about every role that I've seen him in to date.

I haven't been a fan of Mr. Mumbles but I haven't seen him in Peaky Blinders, given that I've only seen the first episode of that show. I've seen him in plenty of other stuff (Mad Max, Dunkirk, Inception, The Revenant, others). He should come packaged with subtitles.

I haven't been a fan of Mr. Mumbles but I haven't seen him in Peaky Blinders, given that I've only seen the first episode of that show. I've seen him in plenty of other stuff (Mad Max, Dunkirk, Inception, The Revenant, others). He should come packaged with subtitles.
:biggrin:
He doesn't appear until Season 2 (according to the internets), so, yeah, I haven't seen him either.

I can only hear his Bane voice whenever someone mentions him.

Honestly with how invasive back round music is these days with both television and films, I cannot imagine watching either without subtitles. And, I suspect, my own hearing plays a factor in this as well.

I progressed into re-watching the second series of Atlanta last night, and completely reminded on just how fine a show this is. I cannot wait to get to episodes that I've not seen yet!

Finished Queen of the South. First drugs cartel series/film I have seen. It started allright but became predictable after a while. Writers apparently thought that a tough female boss means a boss scarcely smiling and having a frown wrinkle all the time. Still, watched it till the very end, so 6 seasons. It was enjoyable enough while exercising on the treadmill.
Favorite characters: Pote and King George.

Last edited:
You basically just described every Star Trek show since 2005. I've tried them all (except the cartoons, I'm simply not that desperate) and they're all beyond awful. I've seen some CW shows that make the current Trek ones seem like Steinbeck novels by comparison.

Carnifex, are there any other decent modern Sci-fi shows with future tech i.e. space ships etc? I need something good to fit between episodes of Discovery s04. Happy for anything in the last 10 years - I haven't watched a lot of TV.

If you mean recent sci-fi shows, I've not seen many good ones. Expanse is good (yet pales in comparison to the books) and Orville is far superior to any current Star Trek. Most of the ones I really like are a bit older. I've also not checked out everything that's recent or current that might be considered sci-fi.

It's hard to beat The Expanse.

Foundation, although it only has 10 episodes so far.

The Mandalorian, most of the show is on the ground (2 seasons so far). There's a good SW vibe to it.

I liked Battlestar Galactica, the 2004 series, but it has aged (and the 1st episode almost made me give up).

I think husband might like The Expanse, he's read some of the books. I'll look see where we can watch it. We're currently watching Resident Alien, he likes it (which surprises me). I'm indifferent, finding it a bit twee.

I enjoyed the first series of Resident Alien, the second, so far, has been fairly lackluster.

I neglected to list Humans, that's a different type yet fairly interesting show.

Back
Top Bottom