The TV Series discussion thread

I finally got around to finishing Carnival Row. Overall, I thought it was just ok. I remember enjoying the first season more. It felt like the series should have been so much more.

I just watched Sweet Tooth on Netflix . It's the story of a virus destroying most of the world population. In parallel most babies are born as some strange animal human mutants.

The story plays out mostly 10 years after the above and is about one of those child mutants. I was quite sceptical at first but the series really grew on me.

I would certainly recommend trying it out for 3 episodes or so to see if it could be for you.
I was just thinking about doing so this evening. Good timing!

I think I should switch to British TV soon ...

I finished the third season of Picket Fences, and I'm quite enjoying rewatching this fabulous show. It was great when it aired and I'm still able to enjoy it today. I'll likely start the fourth series after I catch up on another one or two. The finale saw the death of a significant character in the show, and I don't truly recall how that factored into future episodes, so it'll be something to look forward to.

The coronation/crowning ceremony was a little bit different than I had imagined, but still interesting ...
I hope that he gets to bed early, he and his wife must be really exhausted ...

I was hoping Charles wouldn't waste the money/time/effort in such things of the past, yet I shouldn't be surprised. In any case, I certainly didn't waste a moment of my time with it.

Never bring a lawn mower at work (Mad Men). :ROFLMAO:
Yeah, there's a few absolutely shocking scenes across Mad Men, that really stick out since 99% of the rest is so laid back and slow. That was a fun and gruesome one.
I just started the final season of Mad Men. I'm curious how it wraps up.

Then end was quite unexpected for me, but you'll see soon. :)
I finished the series. I'm not sure what the final scene is suggesting, but I liked it all the way through. It does leave you thinking.
I loved the moment just before then, with the dark fridge analogy.

I started my re-watch of Grimm, series five last night, and it's off to a smashing start. I'm remembering why I enjoyed this show so much when it first aired a few years ago.

Animal Kingdom, I just concluded series five and it's still interesting, I do like the blend of what's going on in present day, contrasted with how Andrew and Julia were raised by their mother back in the day.

It does leave you thinking.
I loved the moment just before then, with the dark fridge analogy.
It does.

How do you interpret it? Well, maybe a question for later. I'm giving my interpretation in the spoiler below.

I'm not sure and I'll have to watch it until the end again, but I think that once he's heard the fridge man, he just realizes that he's only liked for his talent. The last scene is an ad he could very well have made after deciding that advertising was his life after all and jumping back on the wagon.

It does.

How do you interpret it? Well, maybe a question for later. I'm giving my interpretation in the spoiler below.

I'm not sure and I'll have to watch it until the end again, but I think that once he's heard the fridge man, he just realizes that he's only liked for his talent. The last scene is an ad he could very well have made after deciding that advertising was his life after all and jumping back on the wagon.
Apparently the ad you mention was a real ad made by Mccann-Erickson.
I made that same initial assumption about that ad, but it felt weird for it to end on that. After his mental breakdown just before. Maybe it's all in Don's head?
Objectively Don probably returned to the same job, since that's the only thing he knows how to do. But I don't then get how exactly he grew from all his experiences so far.
Technically he is rich enough to do anything else. Or maybe he's just not cut out for anything else? And his best work as an ad man came after he discarded all that was dragging him back?
His history, his pattern of addiction, his destructive tendencies, his constant need to run.

I read a short analysis of the series, and a good point was made that Don is basically addicted to tantalizing and seducing strangers, both himself personally and through his work.
And it does match very well, since every time he manages to get close he gets bored and wants something else. But that's basically a path destined to loneliness.

I don't know. Regardless, it was an interesting ride. Through the last 2-3 episodes, when Don disappears, I was ready for them to spring the twist that Don died a few episodes back.
And his wondering through the countryside is basically some sort of purgatory. But thankfully it was not.

Saturday night we were going to start Beef and watch an episode or two. We watched the whole series and didn't go to bed until like 4am (keep in mind I'm old and hate staying up past midnight). Fantastic storytelling, kinda like White Lotus where you dislike all the characters but love the story anyways.

It seems like every week comes with a new Game of Thrones prequel (or sequel) in the works, and this week is no different: A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms: The Hedge Knight, based on George R.R. Martin's Dunk and Egg books, is coming to HBO.

The logline reads: "A century before the events of ‘Game of Thrones,’ two unlikely heroes wandered Westeros… a young, naïve but courageous knight, Ser Duncan the Tall, and his diminutive squire, Egg. Set in an age when the Targaryen line still holds the Iron Throne and the memory of the last dragon has not yet passed from living memory, great destinies, powerful foes, and dangerous exploits all await these improbable and incomparable friends."

Here's everything you need to know about A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms

Honestly, the only thing I care to hear these days about Westeros is when the next bloody book is coming out....if ever. I think it's been close to a dozen years since the last one in the original series was released.

Without any other series that I'm particularly interested in, I restarted Mad Men.
Fascinating to see how young some of the actors were at the start. I'll probably not stick with it to the end, but as long as I'm bored and don't have anything else I'll keep watching. It's really relaxing.

Back
Top Bottom