Things you might like to know.

Then I'll just have to stick to milk chocolate!! :)

We don't have those problems in Belgium.

(don't we say "one bite at a time"?)

... and about 500 others 😋

Well Belgium isn't called the chocolate capital of the world for nothing. For the rest of us commercialized processed chocolate is all that's available unless you pay import costs.

Hershey's nowadays is nothing but oil and twenty percent chocolate.:puke:

Though I do go to an international store and buy the premium bars sometimes. Also some local shops and business's that make better chocolate, but once again it's more expensive.

Many of us would be happy to exchange oil for chocolate right now. 😅
Well based on local news things should be better in a few years with a deal with Azerbaijan.

Rather random but guess it might fit here: https://www.ftc.gov/news-events/new...ore-half-billion-dollars-over-ftc-allegations

The Federal Trade Commission has secured agreements requiring Epic Games, Inc., creator of the popular video game Fortnite, to pay a total of $520 million in relief over allegations the company violated the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) and deployed design tricks, known as dark patterns, to dupe millions of players into making unintentional purchases.

Also EPIC settled it seems: https://www.epicgames.com/site/en-U...oving-beyond-long-standing-industry-practices

Epic has reached a settlement with the Federal Trade Commission (FTC). In it, Epic will pay $245 million USD to the FTC to resolve concerns related to past designs of the Fortnite item shop and refund systems in Fortnite, which the FTC will use to distribute to Epic customers at their discretion. Epic will also pay $275 million USD to the FTC to resolve concerns related to children’s privacy in Fortnite.

Yea they seem wealthy enough. The cynic in me also has another view of this part of their statement (bold from me):

Epic has reached a settlement with the Federal Trade Commission (FTC). In it, Epic will pay $245 million USD to the FTC to resolve concerns related to past designs of the Fortnite item shop and refund systems in Fortnite, which the FTC will use to distribute to Epic customers at their discretion. Epic will also pay $275 million USD to the FTC to resolve concerns related to children’s privacy in Fortnite.

No developer creates a game with the intention of ending up here.

More like no developer plans on getting caught :p

I still remember Epic MegaGames being a Shareware distributor / company ...

Imagine getting fined 200 million because you had chat enabled by default in a multiplayer game.

What happened to personal responsibility? If you don't want your kid using voice chat then turn it off.

And these "dark patterns"? I'm just not seeing it. They say people are accidentally buying stuff on the loading screens and shit? Maybe this is a problem thats exclusive to platforms other than PC, but, from where I'm sitting, this whole thing looks like a load of bullshit.

That said, there have been a lot of repeat freebies this Christmas. Gonna have to try a little harder, Mr Sweeny! I could have broken the 300 free games on EGS mark if not for these repeats!!

In DDO there is Festivult. ;)

Back
Top Bottom