C2077 Cyberpunk 2077 - News Roundup

Cyberpunk 2077
That video is two years old. I'm talking about Summer Fest 2023 which was yesterday.
You're right. I don't know why they put that old video, but it's the 2023 Summer Game Fest where they're expected to give details about the DLC. We'll just have to wait until they finally decide to make their appearance. I suppose they're not in the schedule as a marketing stunt to build anticipation, which is lost on me.

Summer Fest 2023 ended yesterday so maybe one of the other events this month?
Summer Game Fest 2023 – 8 June
Devolver Digital – 8 June
Wholesome Direct 2023 – 10 June
Future Games Show – 10 June
Xbox Games Showcase & Starfield Direct – 11 June
PC Gaming Show – 11 June
Ubisoft Forward – 12 June
Capcom Showcase – 12 June

Today we talk about the surprising update of Cyberpunk 2077's expansion Phantom Liberty not being at Summer Game Fest 2023, despite many fans expecting it. We also go over some of the recent Phantom Liberty leaks to come out.

Summer Fest 2023 ended yesterday so maybe one of the other events this month?
I'm talking about Summer Game Fest 2023, it's 8-13 June, unless I'm missing something. Or are those other events under the site "summergamefest"? It's confusing.

There was a presentation yesterday, with a lot of announcements, some silly things (Mortal Kombat, in 2023, really?), other things like Allan Wake 2, a game with Nicolas Cage, BG3, FF7: Rebirth, and so on, and
- Netflix trailer for the next season of The Witcher
- Lies of P, releases on 9 September (Steam, PS4, PS5, Xbox X/S/One)
... But no CP2077 DLC.

EDIT: Nevermind, the video you showed summarizes it. :)

I'm talking about Summer Game Fest 2023, it's 8-13 June, unless I'm missing something. Or are those other events under the site "summergamefest"? It's confusing.

EDIT: Nevermind, the video you showed summarizes it. :)
Ii is confusing as those are other live events not part of Summer Game Fest, but yet I read articles claiming it's one huge summer event from June 8-13th. Like I said confusing.

Anyway the stream from yesterday claimed Saturday-Sunday.
No CDPR didn't lie, they said it will be on play days which afaik is on sunday so the Xbox showcase is likely.

Last edited:
It's pointlessly confusing and muddled messaging, which is sadly par for the course from CDPR these days. There seems to be no consensus on when the "play days" are.... that poster says Sunday, others say Friday and Saturday... there's nothing else to do but do what we should be good at where CDPR is concerned: wait. I don't know if they're even going to show anything to the general public; what I've read is that select media get a demonstration, much like they did with the game itself in 2019 or whatever it was.

Summer Gamefest isn't actually over for a few more days. The Xbox show at which we're supposed to see ~30 minutes of Starfield is on Sunday, and that's part of Summer Gamefest.

I just watched the live premiere of the trailer for Phantom Liberty on The Xbox Showcase livestream. I'm definitely hyped now. It looks awesome.

I wonder what that early bit is about bomb in her head and I can save your life ... makes me wonder about the rumor of another ending.

Despite my hype for it, I probably won't get around to playing Phantom Liberty until next year.
It will probably be the same for me. Starfield looks like a massive game, and BG3 won't be short either. Though the order in which I'll play them depends on their relative stability when they're released.

September is fine, I guess, but it means I won't get back to Cyberpunk for a while. September is Starfield for me. Maybe October too. I was hoping they'd release in July or August.

Oh look I take a four hour nap and miss everything today.

Thanks for sharing the links.

It will probably be the same for me. Starfield looks like a massive game, and BG3 won't be short either. Though the order in which I'll play them depends on their relative stability when they're released.
Another factor is that I won't play Phantom Liberty until I'm ready to replay CP 2077. I'd probably play it sooner If it was a standalone expansion.

Reading some preview stuff for the expansion, I'm excited. It doesn't go into a huge amount of detail, but it talks about things like a new dynamic event layer over the entire game, and how they "trimmed the fat" of the skill tree and added a bunch of new actions/abilities. The existing tree was disappointing to me in how it was mostly "add +10% to X" stuff, and very little that was exciting to pick. Sounds like that's changed.

The game director also said the expansion is "big", with a lot of added side quests. I'm also happy that it takes place in Night City, not in a new, isolated location a la Blood and Wine. The fact that they barely explored Pacifica before allows for a new space that is within the old space, probably a perfect outcome for me.

Some preview also mentioned the AI getting fixed up. I do wonder about that, how much is hype and how much is actual improvements. But we'll see. I already pre-ordered the expansion.
I haven't played CP2077, aside from a couple of hours. So I have a whole lot to experience for the first time.

Back
Top Bottom