C2077 Cyberpunk 2077 - News Roundup

Cyberpunk 2077
Wow, it does sound like they are redoing many different aspects of the game. I just recently (finally) put in windows 10 into my laptop as a dual boot, so was able to start playing Cyberpunk 2077, but am still very much in the beginning (2.5 hours played so far). It very much has impressed me, more than I thought it would, to be honest. Graphics are amazing, with plenty of atmosphere, intriguing story, good voice acting, etc. I also like the exploration and just getting out of the car to walk around, like when I was in the desert area at the start, and finding random stuff scattered around at abandoned electricity/utility plants and so on.

Though I didn't know the skill tree design was lackluster (just haven't gotten that far in the game) but now that I hear it was, and that they are going to be improving skills to where they are much more interesting and useful in the game, I'm tempted to just wait for this update, before I get much further into the game.

That said, some of the other stuff they mentioned, like "air drops" that you race to, meh, they had that in Far Cry games and other games too, its common, and its not something I find all that interesting. Also, the cars combat overhaul and focus, ok sure, I can see that being a lot of fun the first couple of times, but it might also get boring after awhile.
If they design the expansion around it, and have a bunch of car chases on account of this...not really a fan of car chases style gameplay.

Anyway, overall it sounds very good indeed, the skill system overhaul alone makes it very enticing (plus the actor they got to "star" in it, Idris Elba, is awesome, and I'm a fan) and I'll for sure get the expansion when its released. I'm joining the hype train on this one! :cool:

When did you last play it?

For me it's still fresh enough, so I'm not sure I'll replay it a 3rd time.
When it was released. It's still pretty fresh in my mind but not enough that I'd want to jump straight into the expansion without playing the main game.

For me, that's the downfall of an add-in expansion vs one that takes place at some point after the main game.

Yeah I love what I'm reading as well, but sorry no hype train for me.

I'll buy it but wait for feedback from players before I play.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDZgf4aa-E8
CDPR gave us the opportunity to play an extended demo of the Cyberpunk 2077 Phantom Liberty. We had an hour and a half to explore Dogtown, the new location featured in the game, the new relic enhancements, and of course, we had a little chat in-game with Idris Elba's character Solomon Reed.

Read about that today it's the last patch till 1.7 in September. I'm surprised by the amount of bugs that were present years later, and it had some optimizations for XBoX versions.

Still no fix for the UI that doesn't update the stats of items when they're equipped / unequipped (among other similar bugs). It has always been difficult to compare weapon and gear items because of that. I hope they don't forget it in 1.7.

Still no fix for the UI that doesn't update the stats of items when they're equipped / unequipped (among other similar bugs). It has always been difficult to compare weapon and gear items because of that. I hope they don't forget it in 1.7.
Not quite sure I understand what you mean there. Are you saying it doesn't show what the change in stats will be when you click on a piece of gear or hover your mouse pointer over it? I can't remember how it worked.

Not quite sure I understand what you mean there. Are you saying it doesn't show what the change in stats will be when you click on a piece of gear or hover your mouse pointer over it?
The player's stats are not updated in the UI screen when changing gear, and the gear's stats are not updated when it's equipped either (there's always this ambiguity between unequipped and equipped stats, since it depends on the character). You have to close the UI and open it again to see the changes.

So comparing which weapon is better isn't always easy. Not a big deal but sorting out loot can take some time already, and that doesn't help.

The player's stats are not updated in the UI screen when changing gear, and the gear's stats are not updated when it's equipped either (there's always this ambiguity between unequipped and equipped stats, since it depends on the character). You have to close the UI and open it again to see the changes.

So comparing which weapon is better isn't always easy. Not a big deal but sorting out loot can take some time already, and that doesn't help.
Interesting. I don't remember that, and I played through the entire game. It has been quite awhile though.

It's hard to believe they've let something like that go for so long. Hopefully it's fixed for Phantom Liberty.

Interesting. I don't remember that, and I played through the entire game. It has been quite awhile though.

It's hard to believe they've let something like that go for so long. Hopefully it's fixed for Phantom Liberty.
It must have come later. Ah well, maybe I'm being mean for complaining when they're still fixing the game and improving it more than 2 years after the release.

I think the sane approach is to avoid comparing gear too much, like any game with a lot of loot. It may be important at the beginning, but after a while I tended to keep only a very few types of weapons and to be very approximative about their stats when I had to keep or dismiss them.

I think the sane approach is to avoid comparing gear too much, like any game with a lot of loot. It may be important at the beginning, but after a while I tended to keep only a very few types of weapons and to be very approximative about their stats when I had to keep or dismiss them.
I was pretty disappointed with the gear/loot in Cyberpunk anyways. There are way too many weapons where the only difference is just a small % of damage. Not to mention they're just laying around everywhere which I found extremely unrealistic.

I don't expect they'll ever take the time to overhaul something like that, so I can only hope it's better in the expansion.

More Expansion Preview Articles and Videos
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SURpjJeLljE

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3E7oKjPnk98

Interesting. I looked at parts of the first video, making sure to avoid the description of the DLC itself, and according to this guy, the perks may even be freely refundable. He also said that the items were easier to compare in the inventory (so I'm happy) and that the UI was revamped.

In the vehicle sequence at the beginning, it almost looks like snow, but I suppose it's water reflecting lights in the night. :p

Interesting. I looked at parts of the first video, making sure to avoid the description of the DLC itself, and according to this guy, the perks may even be freely refundable.
I hope not. I'm not a fan of free respeccing in RPGs, and it doesn't make sense in Cyberpunk.
In the vehicle sequence at the beginning, it almost looks like snow, but I suppose it's water reflecting lights in the night. :p
Damn that looks good. :)

Back
Top Bottom