Interview the person below you

A: Yes and no. I don't know. And I had to change my reply now because of simultaneous postings, the original was for the geeky one. What's interesting is that the Earth's rotation speed is increasing in autumn due to all the leaves falling to the ground. It should therefore be possible to simply measure the height of those buildings, blow them up, wait for the debris to land, measure the change in Earth's rotation speed and with that info calculate the theoretical mass needed to create such a change. I could be wrong though.

Q: What was your funniest childhood misconception?

A: No, I'm a veteran of the NFG!! :)

Q: In what period of history would you most have enjoyed living and why? (This period is not an option; the key word is History. :) )

Arhu posted before I did, so answer either question, or both.

Last edited:
AA: That there were right and left socks (and I mean the regular ones, not those that actually are formed to fit right and left feet).

AC: Either in Early Han China (because it would be a refreshingly new experience) or as a member of a noble family in the Baroque or late Baroque (Rococo) period. I mean... no washing! Tons of perfume! Automata! And those clothes and wigs...

Q: What's your favorite Disney animated movie?

A: I think that would be Aladdin, I love the wackiness of Genie.

Q: What would it take to make you change your mind about whether (any) god exists or not?

A: If I saw one I would change my mind!

Q: How many times per week do you wash ?

A: Clothes? Once a week is enough for the family.

Q: What is your favorite fragrance?

A: I love the smell of lavender species of plants.

Q: Who is your favorite fictional character of all time and why?

A: Lots of characters to chose from: One of the LOTR characters? One of the Dark Tower characters? The Avatar or one of the other characters from Ultima? Santa Claus? No. If I have to choose one it has to be: Moominpappa from the Moomin books by the finnish writer Tove Jansson. OK, the books are for children, but I still read them occasionally.

Because:
1. The moomin world is fantastic with lots of REALLY strange characters: Hattifatteners (a flock of ghost like creatures), the Groke (freezes the ground where she sits), Edward the Booble (a really big creature who tends to sit on people, but who finances the funeral afterwards)..... It has fascinated me for 50+ years.
2. Moominpappa is a senior character, but he has had his share of adventure.
3. He remains remarkably calm whatever happens around him.
4. The Jansson family has turned down offers from Disney.

I have a small Moominpappa figurine on my (physical desktop).

Q: What fantasy world would you NOT want to see in an MMO?

Last edited:
A: The USA :)

Q: Which Fantasy world would you most like to see in an MMO?

A: Very funny, old man. It'd be a better game than South New Zealand. :p Anyhoo, I would like to see Glen Cook's Black Company world as an MMO.

Q: If you could actually cast one D&D spell (let's say casting once a day, no material components required), what would it be?

A: I always wish I had Slow Fall ( don't know if it counts as a spell, but the monk gets it, it seems).

Q: If you met a genie and got three wishes, what would be your last wish?

A: That's easy, 3 more wishes!! :)

Q: What one invention would you most like to see?

A: Instantaneous Transportation ala Star Trek

Q: Which crpg franchise would you most like to see resurrected? (Wizardry, Might and Magic, Ultima, etc.)

A: Planescape, or all of the above. :)

Q: What would you order for your last meal?

A: Kebap, made from members of all species of the World Concervation Union's list of critically endangered animals, plus a salad made of the critically endangered plants (if there are some... I know that fungi are on the list, but they aren't plants, actually). If I'm forced to go, I'll take them with me :p. If they're poisonous, so what? It's my last meal, anyway.

Q: Which computer/video game character would you like to meet, and why?

A: Lara Croft might seem an obvious choice, but I 'll go for The Nameless One from PS:T.

Q: Your favourite game music/ soundtrack?

A: Homer Simpson.... o wait I am not sure he is real..... Matt Groening in that case and tell him how brilliant he is.... hmm or maybe Barack Obama to teach him some about politics.... hard choice.

Q: How many times do you take a shower every week ?

A: 7

Q: What do you put in a taco when you make one for yourself?

A: Meat, lettuce, cheese, meat again.

Q: What would be your "ideal" job? Heir/heiress is not a job, people.

Back
Top Bottom